Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's five times better than it was before!

Perhaps ten would be enough.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

OK, I upped it to 10. That should be sufficient. If you have more then you can do them in batches of up to 10. I think other than someone transferring their entire collection in one go, 10 will be more than adequate.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Stroppygoblin
    I figured Simon was the guy behind the curtain.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

OK, I upped it to 10. That should be sufficient. If you have more then you can do them in batches of up to 10. I think other than someone transferring their entire collection in one go, 10 will be more than adequate.
    Thanks, Simon for doing this! Speaking selfishly, since this is the only way I upload my photos, ten is spot on!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have made another small tweak to the photo upload. You should now be able to upload directly from your newer mobile phone (at least an iPhone 6/7) without needing to resize or reprocess the image.

This tweak meant increasing the permitted max resolution (but not the overall file size) a little. RF, if this causes any problems server wise, let me know and I will restore the previous settings.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to try that on my 4 year old Android...soon as I figure out how to even attempt it.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll have to try that on my 4 year old Android...soon as I figure out how to even attempt it.
    It's pretty much the same as doing it on a PC, Gallery>My Photos> Upload Photo.

When you hit the button to select a photo it should show the Phones native file selector. On an iPhone, this will allow you to pick from your stored photos on the device or use the camera. On an Android, it should be similar, but probably allow you to access the file system as well.

This has always been possible, its just that newer phones with better cameras create larger resolution photos which were then ignored in the upload process (no error is show, but the photo doesn't appear in the gallery). I jus increased the allowable resolution to allow this.

EDIT: small gotcha for those that use the GreyFolio Black theme. The font used in the top menu (where the Gallery button is) is larger for this theme. This means that on a phone (or at least an iPhone) the Gallery button gets obscured by the search field and you cant get to the gallery. A simple work round is to temporarily change your theme to VB4 Default whilst you upload your photos. this has a smaller font and you can get to the gallery button. I'll post some screenshots shortly to explain all this a little better.

this shows the problem with the Greyfolio skin:

and this is how it looks on the VB4 Default:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

All users should use the Take Five 4.0.8 skin.
    That's what the site is supposed to look like. Of course we offer 3 other options because we love our members.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what the site is supposed to look like. Of course we offer 3 other options because we love our members.
    These days, like Roland, I'm a dark skin kind of a guy...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

On my Android, the only skin that doesn't cut off the Gallery option is the Take Five.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

On my Android, the only skin that doesn't cut off the Gallery option is the Take Five.
    Ideally the menu should wrap over 2 lines. I don't think I have admin access to the skins though, otherwise I'd take a look at how it's managed.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I'm a Take Five guy.

P.S. Simon, you phone needs a charge, bud
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yep. I'm a Take Five.

Its an apple feature never hold a charge.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yep. I'm a Take Five.

Its an apple feature never hold a charge.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I use the second option, mostly because if I see the Take Five 4.0.8 skin, then I know I am not logged in.

Anywho, came to this thread for a different question.

I am reading an old thread with many posts, and won't be able to read it all in one (or even several) sittings. So was wondering if there is a way to bookmark a post as where you stopped in the thread?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I use the second option, mostly because if I see the Take Five 4.0.8 skin, then I know I am not logged in.

Anywho, came to this thread for a different question.

I am reading an old thread with many posts, and won't be able to read it all in one (or even several) sittings. So was wondering if there is a way to bookmark a post as where you stopped in the thread?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Each post has a post number in the upper right that is an actual clickable link. You should be able to save that specific link into your bookmarks.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

For example, here is the link for post #481 in this thread. I just picked one at random.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post103215

If you go to that link and do a "bookmark this page", it will take you directly to that post every time.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    For example, here is the link for post #481 in this thread. I just picked one at random.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...l=1#post103215

If you go to that link and do a "bookmark this page", it will take you directly to that post every time.
    Wow. Never realized that. Lesson of the day.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't feel bad, I didn't know either.

Country
    Country Flag

Don't feel bad, I didn't know either.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...and it's handy to send VIA pm to a friend when involved in a discussion... or stupid, ancient jokes...

How to keep a moron busy. Click Here
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The site is acting up. I can't expand the edit window. The formatting changes when posting. Using the newest Firefox.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

More info please.
    PC, mobile, Apple, etc.
    Screen shots help.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Does anyone know how, or a program I can download to fix and/or recover files from a corrupted flash drive using Windows 10?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Does anyone know how, or a program I can download to fix and/or recover files from a corrupted flash drive using Windows 10?
    Try, this: https://www.easeus.com/resource/drive/usb-flash-drive.htm

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks Simon. I almost used that program, then I got cold feet about it. But now I'll download and try it again!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast