Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3209

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's very interesting. Not surprising, but interesting.

Wow, we could so much fun with that.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mwahahahaha!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam BoogerSnax is on a distinguished road

Default new member posting issues

Not bad issues, just something noticed.

I see nothing directly related in the FAQ, so I'll ask about it.

Some, but not all, of my posts will be made, but pending mod approval. Are there triggers, or different forums, that make that occur due to low post count?

Example:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...129#post289129

I made this thread last night, and the original post popped right up. But a response, made just a few minutes ago, needed approval before it would appear.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is correct. We have a bit of a problem with SPAM so members posts are evaluated for a time by an automated system.

It just has to do with posting link, pics, stuff like that.

The staff approves any legitimate posts (which are caught up sometimes) as soon as possible.

Its the lesser of two evils so we don't have horrific SPAM posts all over the site.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That is correct. We have a bit of a problem with SPAM so members posts are evaluated for a time by an automated system.

It just has to do with posting link, pics, stuff like that.

The staff approves any legitimate posts (which are caught up sometimes) as soon as possible.

Its the lesser of two evils so we don't have horrific SPAM posts all over the site.
    I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure, as it seemed random.

Thanks.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a bit random because of the evaluation (automated)...we didn't just want to mod que all posts from new members.

I apologize if it is a pain in the ass, I think the eval period mostly stops at 10 posts because SPAMMERS don't have that kind of staying power.

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i am having the same sort of problem, i have more then 5 posts but still cannot set my sig.

Any ideas?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The computer had not had a chance to change your group Pickle--try it now

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

try again,
    user CP (top left of screen)
    Edit Av & other opions are available.
    I am sending you $500 beam bucks
    then go to the thread with that name
    (use the search tool to find it)
    Matt will take care of the rest.
    Then you can creat your own
    personal member title !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Matt for your quick responce

And thank you very much alinda for the donation, very much appreciated.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Yeah I don't like the whole mod thing... it stopped me from getting on sk's site for over a year

But I'm finally there and I still have decided I like this site better

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont recieve any notifications of Private Messages anymore, while it is ticked in my CP details....?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have popups blocked in your browser? That might be it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good start right there.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

there is a misunderstanding i guess :
    a new popup opens itself when i get a new message.

The thing is that i dont recieve anymore emails for notifying me that i got a new private message. The option is still ticked in my profile, i checked in the spamm folder there is nothing...

Am i the only one like this or is it a general thing?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

when I sign off, i get a popup that says "undefined". Can you explain what that means?

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Razz--it's a glitch, plain and simple.

herbert--I will look into it, some of the major email services are getting very particular about what emails they will allow from message boards so it could be being blocked.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I get the same thing Razz.It happened when the new skin was installed. I just live with it.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Razz--it's a glitch, plain and simple.

herbert--I will look into it, some of the major email services are getting very particular about what emails they will allow from message boards so it could be being blocked.
    ok... it was working few days ago :-(

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Default No Email From Site

oh captain my captain?

just so you know, i'm not getting any email from the site. no notifications of new posts (from subscriptions), no notifications of private messages, nothing. the last one i got came in on friday morning at 2:04 a.m. and it was a forum notification. according to my isp nothing is being bounced by them. just thought i'd let you know.

turtlesong

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    oh captain my captain?

just so you know, i'm not getting any email from the site. no notifications of new posts (from subscriptions), no notifications of private messages, nothing. the last one i got came in on friday morning at 2:04 a.m. and it was a forum notification. according to my isp nothing is being bounced by them. just thought i'd let you know.

turtlesong
    That sucks, I sent you a message containing the meaning of life. I guess it didn't go through. If only I had pressed Ctrl S.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Add me to the list, too, Matt - no emails for a couple days and nothing in the spam folder.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlesong View Post
    oh captain my captain?

turtlesong
    That sucks, I sent you a message containing the meaning of life. I guess it didn't go through. If only I had pressed Ctrl S.
    ctrl s wouldn't have helped. my spam folder automatically deletes messages from nerdy elfs.

or whatever the hell that is in your av.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast