Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 129 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I have had a nightmare with getting access to this site over the last few days. It is 50/50 whether I can get in and when I do, the connection sometimes crashes just by clicking on a thread.

I receive the following error message:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...e=vBForum_Post might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Search Google for dark tower org palaver search

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED
    Same for me. Lately I've able to get on when I first come here. Then I click around to a few threads and after maybe 10 minutes I suddenly start getting the above error and can't get in the rest of the day.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I am lately having a helluva time connecting to, and then staying connected, to this site. Everywhere else I go there is no problem.
    My last fully functioning day was last Saturday, 3/4. After that I could access the site for a few minutes in the morning and then it would crap out for the rest of the day. I tried three computers and my mobile, using Chrome, IE, Firefox; they all had the same results. Cleared cache and history and cookies - everything I could think of but nothing seemed to work except waiting until the next morning. Today it's running like RF said, hot and fast - no issues.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I have had a nightmare with getting access to this site over the last few days. It is 50/50 whether I can get in and when I do, the connection sometimes crashes just by clicking on a thread.

I receive the following error message:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...e=vBForum_Post might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Search Google for dark tower org palaver search

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED
    Same for me. Lately I've able to get on when I first come here. Then I click around to a few threads and after maybe 10 minutes I suddenly start getting the above error and can't get in the rest of the day.
    Been getting the same error. After waiting a few minutes and clicking refresh a few times, it comes up. But it hasn't come up on the first try for a few days now. I figured it was just me (my computer is fairly new), until someone else mentioned it.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Ive had the same error issues the last few days as well. (on Chrome for Android)
    Cleared caches yesterday & it didnt help.
    Cleared cache & site settings today; hopefully that'll work.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally I haven't had a single issue (and I'm on this site a LOT ), but it's clear many people are not so lucky.

RF, maybe you should contact your Domain host and ask if they are doing any sort of maintenance that would affect the resolution of the domain name. (if you haven't already done so of course..)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Over the past few days, the background to the website has been blue. And most boxed backgrounds, like what I'm typing in right now, are black.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I have had on again/off again issues also, same error messages as above, and it has happen on different computers, different servers and IOS phone.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Personally I haven't had a single issue (and I'm on this site a LOT ), but it's clear many people are not so lucky.

RF, maybe you should contact your Domain host and ask if they are doing any sort of maintenance that would affect the resolution of the domain name. (if you haven't already done so of course..)
    No issues at all here either. Except that I can't view images upload from ImageShack. Could it possibly be an ISP issue as well?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

No issues at all here either. Except that I can't view images upload from ImageShack. Could it possibly be an ISP issue as well?
    Example please. Obviously not the image you can't see, but the URL

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Site seems to be behaving itself now. Worked all day yesterday with no problems.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Specifically, I can't see photos in andyg75's collection thread. Just the black box with the white x. Here is the URL from one of the photos. https://imageshack.com/i/plYKhn0nj5
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Specifically, I can't see photos in andyg75's collection thread. Just the black box with the white x. Here is the URL from one of the photos. https://imageshack.com/i/plYKhn0nj5
    Looks like he deleted that photo. Hence why it wont display

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Looks like he deleted that photo. Hence why it wont display
    Seems like everyone else is able to view his photos there. No biggie but his are the only ones I have issues with.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

It's getting better every day. Even at 4:30 this morning when I had to go put oil in my generator, which has been going for over two days now after the 60-70 MPH winds knocked out over one million people's power and blew a bunch of shingles off my roof right above the library portion of my house. But the roof has been patched, they promise power back on by Sunday evening, and Palaver seems to be working fine again. Only downer is I wasn't chosen to buy the new limited edition King/Chizmar book, of which I have mixed emotions because I can't really afford it but I want it anyway! Life goes on.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Site is popping right up today. This is why I don't like to complain - as soon as I do, the damn thing fixes itself!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Site is popping right up today. This is why I don't like to complain - as soon as I do, the damn thing fixes itself!
    Wouldn't that mean that you should complain more often?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes I'll click "Edit Post" and the edit window comes up empty without any text to edit.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Sometimes I'll click "Edit Post" and the edit window comes up empty without any text to edit.
    I'm guessing you use Firefox...

Country
    Country Flag

Correct.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Correct.
    It's a crappy workaround but you can (per a guru here, I'd have never figured it out):

1. when you open the edit page on the right next to the box there is the editor section A/A click that then click preview article and it will appear.
    2. Navigate to settings > general Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Message Editor Interface: and change it to standard.
    That will change it to the old school editor that most of us are used to. If you like the new editor then you can use #1 or swap to Chrome

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh thanks...I just thought it was the really good craft beer!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Beore entering my password (on Firefox) I got a grey box and, when clicked upon..I got this.

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Prote...fox/ta-p/27861

Sign In Help English (US)

Insecure password warning in Firefox

This is a new feature that is available starting in Firefox version 51.

Firefox will display a grey lock icon with a red strike-through in the address bar, when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

Starting in Firefox version 52, you will also see a warning message when you click inside the login box to enter a username or password.

What can I do if a login page is insecure?

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.
    Not recommended: You can also continue to log in to the website even if the connection is insecure, but do so at your own risk. If you do go this route, try to use a unique password or a password that you don’t also use for other important sites.
    About insecure pages

Pages that need to transmit private information, such as credit cards, personal information and passwords, need to have a secure connection to help prevent attackers from stealing your information. (Tip: A secure connection will have "HTTPS" in the address bar, along with a green lock icon.)
    Pages that don’t transmit any private information can have an unencrypted connection (HTTP). It is not advised to enter private information, such as passwords, on a web page that shows HTTP in the address bar. The information you enter can be stolen over this insecure connection.
    Note for developers

For developers looking to learn more about this warning, please see this page. The page explains when and why Firefox shows this warning, and will also provide some details on how to fix the issue. For more information, see this blog post and this Site Compatibility document.

Customize this article

Firefox

Firefox for Android

Firefox for iOS

Firefox OS

Thunderbird

Version History

Revision #:
    13 of 13

Last update:
    Tuesday

Updated by:
    AliceWyman

View article history

Contributors

Tags (1)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You will need to go into a submenu of Firefox and give an exemption to the site.

Fyi, even the best get hacked.
    Doubtful anyone wantsto hack you.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a meaningless message with regards to this site. All it is saying is that the site does not have an alternative https address and port 443 (or similar) has not been opened.

HTTPS access is mainly associated with entering of payment Information. As the site does not accept any form of direct payment (even the contribution widget redirects to a payment gateway) no-one should have any concerns over security.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...I wasn't worried.

Just an F.Y.I.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 129 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 ... LastLast