Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Maybe font issue but that would be odd considering you’re using the default theme. When I get back to my computer I’ll check which fonts are used on the site so you can check if you have them installed on your Mac. Maybe try updating Firefox or using Chrome instead.
    This literally just happened. I had Firefox open, I quit out of Firefox, when I relaunched it, it automatically updated and now I see this. I didn't shut down my computer or close any fonts.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Maybe font issue but that would be odd considering you’re using the default theme. When I get back to my computer I’ll check which fonts are used on the site so you can check if you have them installed on your Mac. Maybe try updating Firefox or using Chrome instead.
    This literally just happened. I had Firefox open, I quit out of Firefox, when I relaunched it, it automatically updated and now I see this. I didn't shut down my computer or close any fonts.
    Oh I see, so you’re already running the latest version of FF. Can you try restarting your computer? Does it also look like that in Chrome?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

It looks like an encoding issue really. Check this out: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1075866

Just going to keep throwing possible solutions your way until one works

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am not a web person at all. And this is the only site I'm having the issue with. I don't have or use Chrome. I was a Safari only person until I could no longer update it and it's started giving me problems although I am using it to post on this site. I can't upgrade the OS because all of my design programs would have to be repurchased and that's a huge expense.

Country
    Country Flag

I was able to fix the issue. I had to disable "allow websites to chose their own fonts".

My Mood
    Chatty

I was able to fix the issue. I had to disable "allow websites to chose their own fonts".
    Ninja

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's weird, but glad you figured it out. I use a PC and Firefox auto upgraded this morning, but no issues. I really want to switch to Chrome, but I've used FF forever.

Country
    Country Flag

It's super weird as this is the only site it affected.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's super weird as this is the only site it affected.
    Just for the hell of it (although if it's fixed, why go back to test), try other skins.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Technical questions about the site

Noticing double/duplicate posts in collection threads the last few days. Someone posts one comment but two (identical) comments display instead of just the one. Check peripheral and ur2ndbiggestfan’s collection threads.

Edit: not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this. It’s the most relevant one I could find.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did something change on the site or is it just me? I've tried it in IE11, MS Edge and Firefox. When I log in at the top right (desktop) my password shows instead of "dots" and it tells me it is incorrect and gives me a full page login where I am able to log in. Also when I double click the sub forum icons to make those posts go away from the "unread posts", nothing happens. Not really a big deal, just slightly annoying.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Everything's working the same for me, no problems at all.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Did something change on the site or is it just me? I've tried it in IE11, MS Edge and Firefox. When I log in at the top right (desktop) my password shows instead of "dots" and it tells me it is incorrect and gives me a full page login where I am able to log in. Also when I double click the sub forum icons to make those posts go away from the "unread posts", nothing happens. Not really a big deal, just slightly annoying.
    I've got some weird stuff happening too: the same things you mention when I logged in, then when I hover my cursor over the "top" button at the bottom of the page, I can't click it because instantly a menu pops up with all kinds of stuff on it (I think subforums but possibly includes other things as well).

It hasn't stopped me from getting around, but something seems to be up.

FYI, I access it with Chrome and haven't tried anything else.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking into it. Not using my laptop right now. Using Android phone, but I am experiencing the Top of Page misdirect.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm having the same problem with double-clicking the forum symbol to indicate the threads have been read. It just stopped working. I use the latest version of Firefox.

John

My Mood
    Chatty

Noticing double/duplicate posts in collection threads the last few days. Someone posts one comment but two (identical) comments display instead of just the one. Check peripheral and ur2ndbiggestfan’s collection threads.

Edit: not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post this. It’s the most relevant one I could find.
    So no one else is seeing double posts? Must be a Tapatalk bug then.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not seeing double posts.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also not seeing anything doubled. ...but glad I'm not the only one with the double-clicking icons and login stuff!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is Joseph (Randall Flagg's youngest) here posting for him, just a quick update;

DO Not CLEAR Cache/History
    There is currently an issue effecting Phones and ALL PCs (all web-browsers) when one clears cache/history.
    The issue causes Context menus to overshadow the "Top" button on the forums as well as disables the "Skin Change" menu. (you can select a skin but it will not enact).
    This issue effects ALL Phone browsers CURRENTLY and WILL affect ALL PC browsers upon Cache/History clear.
    We are working on this issue. It appears to be PHP/Java related.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

As a Slight Workaround on the phone for the "Top" Button, there is an ADDITIONAL NON-Javascript "Top" button on the VERY VERY bottom of the website next to "Privacy Statement" which DOES currently work and shouldnt be affected by our current issue

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Not clearing rhe cache and history seems to have worked for me. Thanks!!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I still clear my cache & history every time I exit any browser BUT for me everything is back to working the way it did! Thanks to the gurus!!!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll start clearing mine again and see what happens.

John

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My friend. When I see double, I just switch to beer and close one eye.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been clearing the cache and histories for the past couple days with no problems at all.

John

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

My friend. When I see double, I just switch to beer and close one eye.
    Haha! Well done, sir.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast