Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3205

Thread: Technical questions about the site

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't been getting emails to my subscribed threads. It's only been happening for 2 days. Anyone else having this problem?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Try unsubscibing to them, log out, then log in and resubscibe.
    Not very elegant, but it might work.
    Let me know.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I haven't been getting emails to my subscribed threads. It's only been happening for 2 days. Anyone else having this problem?
    No problems here, Dez although I have experienced it before. Seemed to have fixed itself about a week later.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Let me know.
    Thanks, Jerome. Done. Now we shall see!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Let me know.
    Thanks, Jerome. Done. Now we shall see!
    No luck. Any other ideas?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just changed a setting in your user info.
    Let me know.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Why, if I upload a photo to my gallery, copy the image location, put it on my collection thread, then try to upload another photo, won't the next upload take place even though the site says it did? I hope that makes sense.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Why, if I upload a photo to my gallery, copy the image location, put it on my collection thread, then try to upload another photo, won't the next upload take place even though the site says it did? I hope that makes sense.
    First, why not upload all the photos at the same time? The upload got enhanced recently enabling you to do up to 10 at once.
    Secondly, If you try again does the second photo upload that time? basically I'm asking if you cannot upload that second photo at all, or just in the sequence you stated above.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If the image is too large it won't upload. It will say the upload is complete though.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The image is not large, will not upload, and the only times I tried uploading more than one image at a time, neither uploaded, although the prompt says they did. I will try the multiple upload again though, and see what happens.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The image is not large, will not upload, and the only times I tried uploading more than one image at a time, neither uploaded, although the prompt says they did. I will try the multiple upload again though, and see what happens.
    PM sent
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

When I visit threads that have folks posting many videos, such as The Forge's Best/Worst Cover Songs or Now Playing, my ad blocker goes ape shit; on the order of 30 ads blocked. Yet the videos all play and load fine. Why?

Not a big deal..just curious.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    When I visit threads that have folks posting many videos, such as The Forge's Best/Worst Cover Songs or Now Playing, my ad blocker goes ape shit; on the order of 30 ads blocked. Yet the videos all play and load fine. Why?

Not a big deal..just curious.
    You should be able to click on the ad blocker and see what is being blocked. There are no ads. There are plenty of trackers though.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Back on topic please. This is one of the few threads that concern me when there is a new post, thus I freak out, only to see it isn't a problem with the site, just a tech question and a few snappy comments,

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Back on topic please. This is one of the few threads that concern me when there is a new post, thus I freak out, only to see it isn't a problem with the site, just a tech question and a few snappy comments,
    I created a new thread - Brady Hartsfield Tech Line.

Please use this for non site tech advice/requests - I'll move the above posts shortly.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant Title.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I created a new thread - Brady Hartsfield Tech Line.

Please use this for non site tech advice/requests - I'll move the above posts shortly.
    I've read that he even does home visits
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The site is acting up. I can't expand the edit window. The formatting changes when posting. Using the newest Firefox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    More info please. PC, mobile, Apple, etc. Screen shots help.
    More info? Okay. Lenovo PC running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Firefox Quantum browser. None of the BBCode works by clicking icons. I can't post a link, a picture, a video, a smiley. I can't use spoilers or italics or change fonts. I can't write paragraphs, or more accurately the site renders separate paragraphs as a single paragraph. I can't copy and paste a news article because all formatting is removed and it appears as one paragraph. I can type the code myself and make it work, but that's mostly a pain in the ass.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some of that happens to me (desktop Windows 10 PC, IE11) but if I click the "Switch Editor Mode" on the far right, it all works fine.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The site is acting up. I can't expand the edit window. The formatting changes when posting. Using the newest Firefox.
    More info? Okay. Lenovo PC running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Firefox Quantum browser. None of the BBCode works by clicking icons. I can't post a link, a picture, a video, a smiley. I can't use spoilers or italics or change fonts. I can't write paragraphs, or more accurately the site renders separate paragraphs as a single paragraph. I can't copy and paste a news article because all formatting is removed and it appears as one paragraph. I can type the code myself and make it work, but that's mostly a pain in the ass.

Have you experimented with Chrome, or IE? I love Firefox, but sometimes I experience quirks when editing my own posts, or articles in the Catalog, and I switch to Chrome-no problem.

Country
    Country Flag

Have you experimented with Chrome, or IE? I love Firefox, but sometimes I experience quirks when editing my own posts, or articles in the Catalog, and I switch to Chrome-no problem.
    I have switched over to IE in the past in order to keep the formatting of articles I wanted to share.. That works most of the time. I have had some problems with IE too though. Also I just don't like it. Chrome works, but Alphabet gets enough info about me without me providing them with all of my browsing activity. I don't even have it on my computer or phone. I wouldn't have IE on my computer either if that was an option.

Country
    Country Flag

So here are a few screenshots from a thread in which I replied to a post.

The Reply With Quote window:

My response the way I want it to be:

The way the site changes the intended formatting:

My response the way I must enter it in order for the formatting to work correctly:

The way it appears after entering the code myself:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you try clicking on the "Switch editor mode" button near the top right?
    It's a square with two "A's" in it.

Country
    Country Flag

It doesn't work. Nothing above the edit window works. I can scroll over the icons and the dialog box explaining the icon comes up. Nothing happens when I click. Right-click treats it as a picture.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe I get an email the other day saying something about BBCode and Vbulliten were having issues (or it was tapatalk). Not sure whatever came if it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast