Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jim Butcher fans?

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Ok, dredging up this old thread...... anyone else read Aftermath yet?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    Ok, dredging up this old thread...... anyone else read Aftermath yet?
    I have Side Jobs(which Aftermath is in for those who don't know), but haven't started reading it yet because I am in the middle of a Dark Tower read that I am trying not to be lured away from by Harry Dresden goodness. I eagerly await it, though. I will probably end up taking a DT break to get to it soon.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aftermath? Am I behind? I read Changes last, is this one a novel or short story?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I'm guessing short story because I thought Ghost Story was the next novel.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Aftermath is a short story written from Murphy's point of view following the end of Changes that is in a book of Dresden short storied called Side Jobs.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh!! Off to Amazon I go!

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

It is a good book to add to the collection of Dresden books. It has all the short stories, including this new one. Murphy is a bad ass. Nuff said.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just read on a messageboard that the general consensus is that Ghost Story has been pushed back to a July release. I don't think it's been made official yet, though.

Also, I read that the 14th book is called Winter Knight instead of Veil Time as initially reported.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Damnit, there was way too much of a cliffhanger for him to be throwing out delays.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually just finished Aftermath a few days ago. I cannot wait for the new book....

July, though, you say? What the hell? Eh, whatever...he's still better than Martin, in that regard.

Murphy does, indeed, kick ass! It's fantastic from my point of view especially because she is my height (taller, I think, even...) so it's nice to see a small woman be awesome for once!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't push it back!!!!

Ok, who else has read Ghost Story besides me?

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have about 90 pages to go. I'll post here when I finish.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the first three stories and got bored so didn't finish it. To be fair I'm not a short story fan.

Ghost Story is a full novel. Not short stories. Are you thinking of Side Jobs?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I finished Ghost Story today. I liked it. It wasn't my favorite, but it was certainly nice to have Dresden back.
    Spoiler:
    Well...as much as a shade-form wizard can be back. Obviously, with Dresden being dead, it was going to be a different type of story. That but was obvious from the first page, I think that contributed to a slow start. Normally I am gripped within the first 20 pages, but it took a while for me to really get into the story of this one. That being said, the action picked up once more familiar characters showed up. It almost killed me to wait so long to see Murphy, Bob, and Butters! But now...I can only imagine how interesting it will be now that Harry is back in his position as Winter's Knight.

Any thoughts, for those who have finished it?

Spoiler:
    I think this book was intended to be the opposite of Changes. In that book Harry did what he has never done before, thrown way his moral compass and focused on saving Maggie. No matter what. So that book was almost too fast and furious. It went at breakneck speed as he plowed over anything that stood in his way. This book had to be slower. Harry had to have time to see the damage done by what he did. He had to learn to stop and think once in a while instead of go-go-go all the time. I love Butters even more then ever before! Not liking the turn Murphy is taking and boy is she gonna be pissed at Harry when she finds out he staged his own death. My new favorite quote. "Gandalf never had this kind of problem."

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha!! Yes, Tel - I was er...just testing you...

I know I said the quote in the spoiler above was a new favorite, this snippit is close. I loved this!

Spoiler:
    "Hey," He croaked. "You. Arrogant bitch ghost."
    "I'm not really into this whole hero thing," Mort said. "Don't have the temperament for it. Don't know a lot about the villain side of the equation, either." He planted his feet,facing the Corpsetaker squarely, his hands clenched into fist at his side.
    "But it seems to me, you half-wit, that you probably shouldn't have left a freaking ectomancer a pit full of wraiths to play with.'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2