Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Masters' Originals - Collectible Book Art

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Wow. Very impressive, one and all. I particularily like when you post them in their place on the wall. That just shows such perspective.

I have two Michael Whalen prints which I hope to get framed sometime this weekend.

Besides Michael Whalen's website for his stuff - where all did you get these.
    I saw Albert Moy, but where else?!?

Again, very cool - and thank you all for sharing!
    All the Whelan art came from their website, the Phil Hale painting came from Albert Moy as well as all the Jae Lee art (He also had a Wrightson painting Bob purchased) and the Concordance cover by Alan Clark came from his website he ran a sale up to 50% off so he could buy an electric car (his wife would not let him buy it unless he paid for it with money from selling art )

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

oy - you rock!

Thanks for the info. Again, wonderful collection.

Regards,
    turtlex
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    They all look wonderful, Oy!. I especially like the framework for your giclee.
    I picked that frame for the first Dark Tower art I got (the legends and Gunslinger on the Beach prints) and it has worked for all the other Whelan art I have got, I think of the little hole detail along the inner edge as bullet holes.

The Hale painting was real tough, tried to match the feel of the gaudy 50s/60s pharmacy.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave,
    I knew you had a lot of artwork, but I didn't realize just how much until you posted it all together. Very impressive, I love it!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

*************BREAKING NEWS FLASH******************

At long last, I just got an e-mail from Jae Lee (I haven't heard back from him in at least 2 months).......

HE IS MOVING TO LAS VEGAS AT THE END OF THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, he told me to drop by his apartment so I could get some things signed (yes Ari, finally I am going to deliver!)

And as we speak, he just sent another mail answering several questions I had.

HE IS NOT LEAVING MARVEL!! He said it doesn't matter where he lives since all the art is sent electronically.

The reason he is moving is simple...as he puts it.....POKER ANYTIME and with the condo market such a mess there, there are some great deals.

I am going to see him tomorrow after lunch.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we should invite him to our 2008 DT.com gathering.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Gay

Hey - imagine what we could win off him in poker? I mean, how about a couple of sketches into the pot, man!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Dave,
    I knew you had a lot of artwork, but I didn't realize just how much until you posted it all together. Very impressive, I love it!
    Thanks I have always loved King and had most of the S/L's released over the years, unfortunately I had to sell almost all of them during different hard times, except the DT S/L's. When I had the medical issues last time and had to sell the house in CA it gave me opportunity to buy more than I ever could have before (thank you CA property values) and since The Dark Tower is my favorite I concentrated my collection on DT stuff (I was inspired by David/Wiz's art) and being a comic fan already I started with the Jae Lee art then got the 2 original paintings. Unfortunately the new medical problems may force some new selling but the DT stuff is safe for now (bankruptcy before DT collection ).

Here is the last piece to my art wall finished minutes ago, my Lookout (a real rook skull from England won off Ebay).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, thanks for sharing. Pretty damn impressive.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive! I love the rook skull. That's so unique!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost forgot to say thanks again, I own the Gunslinger 88 print thanks to you

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good health to you, Dave! May you never need to sell.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

oy - Here's hoping the health issues will work out for the best and you'll be able to keep such a wonderful collection intact.

Sending positive thoughts.
    Long Days,
    turtlex

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    I almost forgot to say thanks again, I own the Gunslinger 88 print thanks to you
    It's my pleasure. Glad to be of assistance.

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oy, that is a great art collection. Thanks for sharing!

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : I was over at Alan Clarks website yesterday and wasn't able to access any of his work for purchase. I got an email today indicating they were having web issues yesterday but they are back up today.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    FYI : I was over at Alan Clarks website yesterday and wasn't able to access any of his work for purchase. I got an email today indicating they were having web issues yesterday but they are back up today.
    He is a great artist, and a cool guy, some of the originals are pricey but some are very reasonable. He sure does a lot of book covers for small press publishers.

P.S. He will do a remarque on most prints for just 15.00 quite a bargain.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is an example of the very reasonable, a pencil study for the new SK non fiction collection coming from Cemetery Dance, 45.00.

Website www.alanmclark.com

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, I got a very nice email from him about the website. I found two prints that I like and definitely plan on getting them both remarqued. He seems like a great guy.

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default In the Land of the Blind...

So yeah, I'm not reallly sure why it is I never posted this one before. Other than the expense of the book, I absolutely love my Lettered of Green Mile. Basically, I was so disgusted with the numbered edition (I know some of you out there like it, but I think it's absolutely the worst King limited I've ever seen) that I sold it back for the original purchase price and got one of the Lettereds instead. I know it was a lot of money to pony up, but I think it was well worth it for one of the better King tales. I mostly thought the artwork in the book was crap, and I'm sure a lot of people were disappointed with the original they got with their Lettered, but I don't really think I could have asked for a better one. I checked in the book to make sure and it is indeed Coffey in the electric chair. Tell me what you guys think.

"Smile... It is a fine day..."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's great. I wish I could have afforded a lettered edition.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even DREAM of getting a lettered edition, so any of these original art postings are "icing on the cake" for me. I really like that original, BigCoffinHunter! How big is it?

John

Gunslinger Apprentice BigCoffinHunter is on a distinguished road BigCoffinHunter's Avatar

Default Him Just a Little Guy

The picture's pretty small. It's maybe 5"X6", probably even smaller than that...
    "Smile... It is a fine day..."

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I know there were quite a few at the DT.net site who hated the art from the Green Mile s/l, I really liked it and wish I could have afforded the lettered edition, very nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast