Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How many times have you read the series?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Once.

12 19.05%
  • Twice.

10 15.87%
  • Three times.

10 15.87%
  • Four times.

3 4.76%
  • Five times.

0 0%
  • Between 6 and 10 times.

7 11.11%
  • More than 10 times...

7 11.11%
  • I haven't finished it yet.

8 12.70%
  • I haven't reread the whole series again but some books.

6 9.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Have many times have you read the series?

Gunslinger Apprentice Armand St Pierre is on a distinguished road Armand St Pierre's Avatar

Default More than 10

I know for a fact that when WotC was released I started the series anew for the 19th time....kinda stuck out.
    better reading than coke as far as addictions go
    “A Human Thought is an actual EXISTENCE, and a Force and Power, capable of acting upon and controlling matter as well as mind.”

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"God always punishes us for what we can't imagine."
    SK

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, coke vs DT.....no contest.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Both the drunk and snorted kinds.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Listening is reading people!

I put a low number because like most others, I have read the first 4 more times than I can count and the last three only 6 or 7
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Well, it's reading for the person you're listening to.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Once.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've only read the whole series once, but I have re-read I & IV a few times. I love reading I alot though. It has become almost poetic to me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Once.

Are you serious Feev?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Once.

Are you serious Feev?
    Deadly serious. Although, if it's any consolation, I've reread The Gunslinger at least 6 times and Wizard & Glass twice.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You're not much on oral are you Brice?

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Isn't it about time for a reread?

If you rescue me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

While I was finishing 7, I was reading 1 at home, and 4 at work. I was so desperate to make it last just a bit longer.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You're not much on oral are you Brice?

Well, generally noone's reading then.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan to. I just need to replace Wolves of The Calla and The Dark Tower, since one was stolen and the other is in possession of my ex-gf, respectively.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan to. I just need to replace Wolves of The Calla and The Dark Tower, since one was stolen and the other is in possession of my ex-gf, respectively.
    Replace? I'd say it's time to reposses them. It sucks that one was stolen though.

If you rescue me

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    While I was finishing 7, I was reading 1 at home, and 4 at work. I was so desperate to make it last just a bit longer.
    That's interesting.
    I can read more books at the same time, I mean one on the bus one at home one at work but I couldn't read more than one book of the series at the same time.

Roland would have understood.

Like I said, I was REALLY trying to prolong it for as long as I could. So, while I was reading about Roland and Susan in 4, Rolands's beginning of his journey in 1, I was saving 7 for the perfect moments at night in my bed. I was trying to savor it the best I could. I wanted to make sure the last line I read in the series wasn't wasted. I felt like I was going to be saying farewell to a loved one.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

girly, you really gave it a dignified ending.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice blake316 is on a distinguished road blake316's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Once for me, read all seven in about four weeks, cant wait to start again
    Last edited by blake316; 02-22-2008 at 07:01 AM. Reason: blah

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read it over ten times. I try to make it a point to read it atleast twice a year.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by blake316 View Post
    Once for me, read all seven in about four weeks, cant wait to start again
    welcome to junkie-hood

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Like I said, I was REALLY trying to prolong it for as long as I could. So, while I was reading about Roland and Susan in 4, Rolands's beginning of his journey in 1, I was saving 7 for the perfect moments at night in my bed. I was trying to savor it the best I could. I wanted to make sure the last line I read in the series wasn't wasted. I felt like I was going to be saying farewell to a loved one.

I am in exactly the same place.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

:radioactive: How long did you wait with the re-reading? How often do you reread?

Just curious, how long have some of you who have re-read the series waited? It's been about 5 months for me. I've read Insomnia, Desperation, The Stand (To get a bit of DT in me after the series), and a few Koontz titles since then, and at the moment I'm reading "It". But now. . .man the series has just been stuck in my head. I'm just itching to read it again, but I really wanna read more of the other books that correspond to the series (I'm looking at you Eyes of the Dragon, Talisman, and Black House) so i have to wait through 4 more books! Grrrrrrrr damn you King and your wonderful story telling!

Also, I introduced my brother-in-law to the series yesterday, he's 120 pages into The Gunslinger and he's loving it. Finally someone in flesh and blood to talk with it about. My first conversion!

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

about...hmm....lets see.... 4 days?

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

I read it for the first time last summer and then again in April, so like 10 months for me.
    I didn't read all the tie-in books until after my re-read though.
    :shrugs:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast