Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear they could fix it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sneaky bast*** :
    On ebay, there was an auction still having about 24h to go.
    The auctions were low, but I was planning to add a snipe just in case

The seller, who has a rating of 100% on over 6,500 items, have cancelled all bids and cancelled the auction...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've found in a lot of my auctions that is when you get the most bids, at the very last. Because lots of bidders wait to the end.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed.
    There is no point showing in advance how much one is willing to pay, because that can only increase the ending price if undecided people see the bids.
    Hence the use of snipers...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Did PayPal change its currency conversion fee. Just paid $4.99 fee to send about $200 converted to British pounds. My last transaction (3/2018 ), was for more then that, and was only $1.35 fee.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I Had the fee for first time yesterday as well, I am not sure I was paying someone international or not...probably as I didn’t have the fee to pay Camelot today

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I need to ask peoples thoughts on this one:
    Purchased a book from a UK seller (off Ebay) but through PayPal - as goods/services. Book was paid for on 24 May and reportedly shipped on 12 June. Seller used Parcelforce. I have repeatedly asked for tracking information from seller - but he claims that his partner dropped the package off and couldn't find the tracking info. Also he was unable to obtain tracking info when he "contacted" Parcelforce earlier this week. I had previously purchased a book (similar price - David Bowie signed limited) from this seller - and there were some initial screw ups using parcel force (wrong address, etc) - but that package did arrive after about two weeks - purchased earlier this year.

Here is the latest email from seller from 25 June:

Hi Chad,

I have chased them.

It should be with you shortly.

They haven’t given me a tracking number.

Sorry it is so slow.

Best,

And I have saved all emails correspondences and basically have checked in each week - to say that the book has not arrived yet, are you able to get any more information on tracking.

So - the big question: How long would you let this go on for? With PayPal goods/services I have until 20 November to make a claim (as noted on my PayPal transaction on the website) - but I would not wait that long. So any thoughts on the matter? Thanks.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I don’t see why you don’t right now. They would then be forced to provide the tracking or some sort of proof. It send the message that you have lost patience, which based on your story is fair.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm. I'd wait two more weeks until opening a claim. If they're a legitimate seller it wouldn't be in their interest to lose a repeat customer. If they really shipped the book on June 12 it's reasonable you don't have it yet.

I wouldn't rush with the claim. There's also the chance the seller might have something you want again. Your call though, and if your gut feeling is that there's something fishy going on vs. merely incompetence, open the claim.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Hmm. I'd wait two more weeks until opening a claim. If they're a legitimate seller it wouldn't be in their interest to lose a repeat customer. If they really shipped the book on June 12 it's reasonable you don't have it yet.

I wouldn't rush with the claim. There's also the chance the seller might have something you want again. Your call though, and if your gut feeling is that there's something fishy going on vs. merely incompetence, open the claim.
    Thanks for input - my plan was to wait a month from shipping date - but still communicate once a week - to say it has not arrived and ask if any update on tracking info - being as polite as possible. plus there is a long window left for PayPal process - but 6 weeks from sale and 4 weeks from shipping seems reasonable
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Waiting 30 days is more than reasonable on your part. Day 31 I would open a claim. It takes time for the claim process to happen, and if during that wait, the book arrives, you can always close the claim. Otherwise, you have begun the process and if it never shows, you will likely prevail. In fact, even if it shows, if they don't have tracking info or signature proof, they would be lucky that you are an honest person and don't simply deny ever receiving the item. The seller should be the one worried, not you.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Thanks for input - my plan was to wait a month from shipping date - but still communicate once a week - to say it has not arrived and ask if any update on tracking info - being as polite as possible. plus there is a long window left for PayPal process - but 6 weeks from sale and 4 weeks from shipping seems reasonable
    I would wait a few more weeks, since it is coming from UK. I have had at least one book or box of books, held up by customs, I think they did open it up and inspected that it was indeed a book.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I disagree....this whole thing seems shady.

Open the claim now......as Jerome mentions above, it takes a while for the claim to process anyhow.

Might as well get the ball rolling.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

I disagree....this whole thing seems shady.

Open the claim now......as Jerome mentions above, it takes a while for the claim to process anyhow.

Might as well get the ball rolling.
    Yep, tippy is a fellow seller and has that spidey sense of something rotten in Denmark. Nothing lost in putting in claim, if they are on the up and up they shouldn’t hold against you for having concerns.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I did have an incident similar, also from Europe. Seller unable to provide tracking or did not ship it trackable. Filed a claim after 30 days and received a refund shortly as seller had no tracking. To my surprise, book arrived around 50 days after! No clue where it was between. I contacted the seller and told him the book did actually arrive and offered to send him funds via Paypal. So...if it does come, you can also send funds later.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

For info:
    Royal Mail's parcel division is called Parcelforce. You do not automatically get a tracking number with Royal Mail. You have to ask for it and it costs extra. Maybe this person did not pay for one. The "signed for" service I use gets you a tracking number automatically, but it costs a lot more.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Any books I send via Airmail to USA (with tracking) are normally at their destination within 10 days.

The receipt from the Post Office the seller obtained should have had the tracking number on it (if he used a tracking service).

Get your claim in, Chad.

Country
    Country Flag

I really appreciate everyone’s input (as well as more info about parcelforce - I sent parcelforce an inquiry through customer service too). I’ll wait the 30 days from supposed shipping - and then open claim. I’ll update any progress (or delays).

I had requested tracking/signature as well - so if they decided to skip this (to pocket more money) - well then that’ll be on them.
    Thanks
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Just an update guys in case you're not aware. But starting Oct 11th, Paypal will no longer give back any of the fees when you refund a transaction. In another word, the fees stays with Paypal under all circumstance.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Just an update guys in case you're not aware. But starting Oct 11th, Paypal will no longer give back any of the fees when you refund a transaction. In another word, the fees stays with Paypal under all circumstance.
    That actually sounds fair to me. I'm a bit surprised they ever refunded their fee since the refund doubles their involvement in the transaction.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    That sucks for me. So many people screw up paying me in US and it’s always in CAD! Ugg
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

What happens if you recieve a book that is not the condition described in the auction?

The seller suggested that I return it and he'll refund me, but I am guessing that in this case I'll also lose the shipping I paid to return it?

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    What happens if you recieve a book that is not the condition described in the auction?

The seller suggested that I return it and he'll refund me, but I am guessing that in this case I'll also lose the shipping I paid to return it?
    Not sure if the same applies outside the U.S., but you should be able to file a return through eBay and they will issue you a return shipping label that the seller will be charged for.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I opened a return request on ebay

Country
    Country Flag

I recently sold two of the SHINING folio signed edition.
    The buyer of the first copy has only about 10+ evaluations but of 100%. Including from some autographs auctions.

Remembering the issues that David experienced, I was being caution. All communications were done by ebay messages. And I sent the book with insurance and delivered on signature. I also took a picture of the package with the shipping label and everything proving it was sent to him.
    When I asked the seller if I should add a phone number to the delivery, he told me "No phone number is okay.. Send as is"
    I sent the book, and gave him the tracking. As well as added it on ebay.
    I later recieved a tracking notification saying that it was delivered. And sent him a message afterwards saying that it was apparently delivered and telling him to enjoy the book.

It was 4 days ago.
    He never replied.
    Nor left any ebay evaluation.

I made screenshots and saved the tracking saying it was delivered. In case that he contacts me in 6 months about it and complains he never recieved it.

Remembering the issues David experienced, do you think that I should worry about it?

Is there any chance that he could complain 6 months from now, maybe after the tracking is not available from their website, claiming, he never got it?
    I tried to be as careful as possible and covering my ass as much as I could..... but I dont know. Something seems odd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast