Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Or a Credit card within the PP system?
    Must have been this, but there’s no way to prevent this, I don’t think.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTax
    Who gets a 1099-K?
    Most retailers who accept online credit card payments from customers will receive a 1099-K if its annual processing activity has met the following guidelines:
    • Through third party processors, if the volume is over $20,000 AND if there were more than 200 individual transactions.
    • In limited instances: If the sales volume is over $600 per year.
    Sounds like you guys just got lucky!

But as was mentioned earlier, you should only have to pay tax on the profits.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Have people stopped giving feedback on eBay? The last half dozen sales or so I've made, the buyers haven't provided any feedback. As a seller, I always wait for the buyer to give feedback first, to indicate the transaction is complete.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Have people stopped giving feedback on eBay? The last half dozen sales or so I've made, the buyers haven't provided any feedback. As a seller, I always wait for the buyer to give feedback first, to indicate the transaction is complete.
    Not going to lie. I have really stopped caring about it. I still stay away from people with terrible feedback scores but at the same time I don't rely on them because there is buyer protection. If the seller screws up it's on them and the buyer can return the item. Kinda removes the need to be extremely cautious.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I always give feedback, for that reason. As a buyer, I want the seller to know I received the item and all is well.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Used to be, a buyer and seller would exchange e-mails, work out a payment method, discuss shipping, etc. Now you have to "check out" with a computer-generated payment platform; computer-generated invoices; computer generated e-mails--often from an eBay "store." So many of these transactions can be accomplished without any interaction between buyer and seller at all. Myself, I always leave feedback as either a buyer or seller, but I understand if I don't ever hear from the other party. When I buy from Amazon, I don't leave feedback or a review. It's just shopping.

It's this impersonal aspect of eBay that turned me from a very frequent user to a very infrequent one. It's basically no different than any other web store. This is much to eBay's detriment, in my opinion.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO, you have it backwards. They buyers responsibility is to pay for the item in a reasonable time. Once the buyer has paid, I promptly package the item up and mail it with a tracking number. I input the tracking number on the ebay part, then provide positive feedback.
    I have noticed that fewer buyers reciprocate, but as long as I don't receive negative feedback (I have none), I no longer worry about increasing my score

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

As a buyer, I always leave feedback, and will never leave negative feedback without trying to resolve the issue first.

I rely on feedback - particularly for expensive items - so I figure it pays to contribute to that system.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Bev that since awhile, buyers do not seem to give feedbacks anymore. But as Jerome said, as long they dont give negative feedbacks, that's fine by me.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Ebay 20% off coupon for today only:

Today Only: 20%
    Off Everything!*
    Hurry, ends at 8pm PT! Use code PSPRING20.
    Min. $25 purchase. Max $100 discount
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A dilemma.

I purchase many items off eBay for my school plays. I needed two identical dresses, in differing colors. I found what I wanted, but the shipping was $15 for each $20 dress. $30 to ship two dresses seemed ridiculous to me, so I reached out the seller to find out about combined shipping. I received an instant autobot response that they do not offer combined shipping. I was pissed off, and I will admit a bit petty in the end. I needed the dresses, so I ordered them in separate auctions, even paid for them separately. I fiigured that if I was paying for two separate shipping charges, then they should have to ship two separate items. I am sure you know where this is going. They then combined the two items into one package, never asking me if that was OK, and did not offer any refund in the way of shipping.

What to do? Negative feedback regarding shipping practices and lack of communication? Neutral feedback for the same reasons? Approach them about a partial refund for one shipping charge? What do you think?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    A dilemma.

I purchase many items off eBay for my school plays. I needed two identical dresses, in differing colors. I found what I wanted, but the shipping was $15 for each $20 dress. $30 to ship two dresses seemed ridiculous to me, so I reached out the seller to find out about combined shipping. I received an instant autobot response that they do not offer combined shipping. I was pissed off, and I will admit a bit petty in the end. I needed the dresses, so I ordered them in separate auctions, even paid for them separately. I fiigured that if I was paying for two separate shipping charges, then they should have to ship two separate items. I am sure you know where this is going. They then combined the two items into one package, never asking me if that was OK, and did not offer any refund in the way of shipping.

What to do? Negative feedback regarding shipping practices and lack of communication? Neutral feedback for the same reasons? Approach them about a partial refund for one shipping charge? What do you think?
    Give them a chance to offer a refund on the shipping. Be polite and succinct. Do not mention negative feedback. Give them 7 days to respond. If you receive no positive response (refund), give negative feedback AND contact ebay/PP for a partial dispute.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    A dilemma.

I had the exact same thing happen not too long ago with a couple of books. I pointed out to the seller that he said he could not combine shipping, but then he did. I asked for a partial shipping refund and they obliged. It was enough to make me not want to do business with them again though as I find it shady.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Ebay 20% off coupon for today only:

Today Only: 20%
    Off Everything!*
    Hurry, ends at 8pm PT! Use code PSPRING20.
    Min. $25 purchase. Max $100 discount

Just a heads up to everybody, 20% off sitewide is very rare for eBay.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

If you order something from ebay and it never shows up and the seller is now no longer a registered member, is there a way to get a refund? Because under the contact the seller heading, a request refund option is usually listed but it's not there now.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you pay via Paypal?
    Otherwise, try via your bank cards maybe?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Did you pay via Paypal?
    It was a preorder for something that still hasn't come out (which I didn't know) but I guess I let it go too long and it looks like nothing can be done. I'm thankful it was not a big purchase. I will be much more cautious about preorders on ebay now.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Did you pay via Paypal?
    It was a preorder for something that still hasn't come out (which I didn't know) but I guess I let it go too long and it looks like nothing can be done. I'm thankful it was not a big purchase. I will be much more cautious about preorders on ebay now.
    It doesn't hurt to call Ebay and inquire. Not sure how long the statue of limitation is, but guessing 3 months?
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Per the site rules pre-orders can only be for 30 days prior to shipment. They aren't allowed to sell anything that takes longer.

The time limit for opening a case is 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date. If you used PayPal, you have six months to dispute the charge.
    Last edited by Br!an; 06-21-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

I will have to look into this further, thank you for the info everyone.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Per the fall seller update that went out today, eBay final value fees for books (along with other media) is going up to 12% starting next month
    https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center...ce-update.html

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The rich get richer.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Jesus. Then they get another, what, 3-4% from the PayPal transaction? Facebook Marketplace must be killing them.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Jesus. Then they get another, what, 3-4% from the PayPal transaction? Facebook Marketplace must be killing them.
    PayPal is 2.9% + .30˘ per transaction. So it totals ~15% now.

$100 sale - $12 for eBay - $3.20 for PayPal leaves $84.80 for the seller.

To make $100.12 I'd have to sell at $118.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    PayPal is 2.9% + .30˘ per transaction. So it totals ~15% now.

$100 sale - $12 for eBay - $3.20 for PayPal leaves $84.80 for the seller.

To make $100.12 I'd have to sell at $118.
    PayPal is that for US sellers.. NOT for the rest of us I am pretty much 15% now!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast