Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish you still had his/her address. You could show them your good foot up their ass.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I do. It's all there on his PayPal payment. I did ask him to confirm if that was the correct address because if not, perhaps his credit card company could use that to track down whomever was using his account.

He didn't reply to that.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if you have a recourse to affect his credit report. You made a transaction and he did not pay for it. I seem to recall once before researching credit card disputes and reading that the company could report a chargeback to the credit reporting agencies. You may still need to be able to prove delivery but if you can do that you might be able to ping their credit. If they claim that they were a victim of identity theft then they would need to file a police report. I'm not 100% on any of this but it may be worth checking out.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I would still try to speak with an Ebay supervisor and have them send you a copy of the listing. They have the listing, it's just not active to the public. Best of luck in getting this resolved. We are all pulling for you!.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay cancelled all of my auctions because of TheDarkTower.org in the listings. I suppose I can either:
    • Leave the site name off completely
    • Leave the name out of the text of the listing, but put a picture of the business card in the photo section of the ad
    • Try using TheDarkTowerOrganization in the text and hope that ebay's "bots" don't catch it, and that people viewing the ad understand the references.
    Thoughts?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say put a teeshirt / business card or something with the website name ON THE PICTURE OF THE ITEM : it seem fine by me as it is a way to show a picture of the item + proving that it is your own picture and not one stolen online.

And you can surely also mentions the website without mentionning it by saying something like : the online community "the TheDarkTower/Palaver" has contributed to a fundraiser for the Haven Foundation since several years blabla BS whatever you wanna say
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ebay cancelled all of my auctions because of TheDarkTower.org in the listings. I suppose I can either:
    • Leave the name out of the text of the listing, but put a picture of the business card in the photo section of the ad
    • Try using TheDarkTowerOrganization in the text and hope that ebay's "bots" don't catch it, and that people viewing the ad understand the references.
    Thoughts?
    What a pain in the arse! Ebay and Paypal suck! That Erin Wells piece was up to a large bid too, wasnt it? I wonder if folks will re-bid.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think eBay is composed of idiots.

If it were up to me, I'd leave off the name of the site completely, although there is no good reason for it. It's their ball park with their rules, no matter how stupid they are.

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

If it were up to me, I'd leave off the name of the site completely, although there is no good reason for it. It's their ball park with their rules, no matter how stupid they are.

John
    I agree about leaving the site name off. Simon's auction for the slipcase is still up. It references the Haven Foundation, but not TDT.org

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaning towards a picture of the business card.
    I might lead the ad off with "Our Stephen King discussion forum is proud to...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I think banning you was a chickenshit move.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had been warned once before but i thought the changing to the different o would work.
    Obviously I was wrong.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm leaning towards a picture of the business card.
    I might lead the ad off with "Our Stephen King discussion forum is proud to...
    Be a bit more specific : they could end up on the official forum.
    I insist that you mention "The Dark Tower Palaver" online community or board
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts?
    I know that we've been historically set up to send Haven Foundation a big check at the completion of all of the auctions, but is there perhaps more leeway allowed when using Community Selling when the auction proceeds go directly to Haven, since it is a Registered Charity? Surely you have called them and spoken to someone above 1st level about how the auction can somehow refer people back to TDT.org somehow.

Outside of that, like other people said, just the same suggestion to have the business card on all of the item photographs (Oh, I'm just using that to hold the page flat, etc.). In the Description, perhaps "The Dark Tower" Forums. If I do a search on those key words it leads me here, so I'd think it would work.

I wish that they weren't the best place with the most potential buyers so that you could list in other places, but I'm sure that you'll find a way that works.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can you put DT in text on the photos, like a watermark, or put your business card on the cover of book, plus back of book in one of several photos?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
    Can you put DT in text on the photos, like a watermark, or put your business card on the cover of book, plus back of book in one of several photos?
    Right now I'm leaning towards putting the image of my card in the auction pictures. I always include my card and a bookmark to auction winners, so it's part of the deal. I'll just say "bonus bookmark and card included".
    I doubt ebay's "bots" are capable of noticing such a thing, otherwise any picture that would lead a person to another business (Ford, Chevrolet, Stephen King published by Scribner...) would be pulled and they would have far fewer auctions.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only drama would be if you are targeted as they have pulled your auctions. Great idea including the bookmark/card as part of the prize. Do you have fridge magnets with DT on them? Winner gets a special gift with auction etc...like when you buy a cheap phone cover from China and they all come with " special gifts." Either way,it's a heartbreaker with lots of good bids on the painting...hope it gets resolved sooner rather later...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The 3 auctions will return Sunday 2/21/2016.
    I'll leave off all .org, .com, references and just include a "bonus bookmark and card" for the winner.

The card image will look something like this:

Country
    Country Flag

I definitely wouldnt put an email address into it. It will surely be deleted if someone notices it. I would also tend to think that the @ in a picture would be 'easy' to be detected by robots. Nowadays, face recognition can be quite well done...
    Any chance to make a test with 1 "valueless" auction and see how it goes?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The 3 auctions will return Sunday 2/21/2016.
    I'll leave off all .org, .com, references and just include a "bonus bookmark and card" for the winner.

The card image will look something like this:

This should be perfect. The picture has the site address but it is not a hyperlink.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I agree about leaving the site name off. Simon's auction for the slipcase is still up. It references the Haven Foundation, but not TDT.org
    My auction does reference it, its the first line of the text, exactly the same as RF's original ones. Either i've been lucky or eBay UK has different policies or Bots.

Definitely put the picture in with the auction item. Ebay prohibits ANY stand alone photos that are not advertising the item specifically.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ebay said I could not list items for "1day". The message was sent to me 2/18/2016 @20:43.
    As of right now, I still cant list anything. I wonder what their definition of 1 day is...

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

eBay will probably get their period again, if they notice your email address in the card image. To be safe, my advice would be to leave it out.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I was "lucky". After 8 total minutes on the phone the ban was lifted. The lady I spoke with clearly understood and spoke English.

Here is the relisted Finders Keepers Broadside.

Thoughts:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201527164322?

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Well - good news! PayPal ruled in my favor in the dispute I detailed above. Explanation was brief but welcome!

"We're happy to confirm that this transaction was covered under Seller Protection as you met the PayPal Seller Protection requirements. The disputed amount is now available in your PayPal balance."

I was worried because the tracking number was too old to confirm delivery, but perhaps the other evidence was enough, especially as I had proof the guy resold the same item he claimed never to have received from me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast