Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    "I have a gmail account. My username is ...."
    That works too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think for the auctions, I'm leaning towards just putting an image in the auction itself showing my business card. I usually send a card and a bookmark to all auction winners anyway. I could also say"TheDarkTower Full Stop Org is proud..."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I figured out the easiest way to get around sending your email through the messaging is to leave out the '.' and change to special characters. Their text recognition software doesn't pick up the special characters.
    I use email át gmáíl cóm goes through every time. Just gotta be creative.

RF, for yours I bet if you replace the o with ó in org it will stay just fine. Also if you look at Overlook Connection auctions they also put up a photo over their business card.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm assuming I'm screwed here, but I just got a PayPal chargeback for an item I shipped last September. It was delivered (because I check all my packages to make sure they got there). In fact, the buyer left positive feedback as well. Even better -- he resold the item last month: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BORDER-R...-/111861772807

Anyway, because it is so old the tracking number is not valid according to the USPS website. Does anyone know if there is a way to track an old tracking number? From a little looking around it looks like PayPal allows six months to request a refund, but USPS only keeps records for 4 months.

My guess is that this buyer just figured out a nice loophole to get himself some expensive books for free.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, can't you prove at Paypal what you just told us?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I'm assuming I'm screwed here, but I just got a PayPal chargeback for an item I shipped last September. It was delivered (because I check all my packages to make sure they got there). In fact, the buyer left positive feedback as well. Even better -- he resold the item last month: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BORDER-R...-/111861772807

Anyway, because it is so old the tracking number is not valid according to the USPS website. Does anyone know if there is a way to track an old tracking number? From a little looking around it looks like PayPal allows six months to request a refund, but USPS only keeps records for 4 months.

My guess is that this buyer just figured out a nice loophole to get himself some expensive books for free.
    What a scumbag!. Can't believe people would do crap like that.

Could you show Paypal the listing that you sold vs the listing that she resold?. The numbering of the limitation is proof positive that she had received the book and hence resold the same book.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So wait? PayPal sent a charge back to you? Did the seller have a case open? If not, it sounds like a mistake.

What is Paypal saying when you call them?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Could you show Paypal the listing that you sold vs the listing that she resold?. The numbering of the limitation is proof positive that she had received the book and hence resold the same book.
    I have sent screenshots of what I can to PayPal -- hoping that will cover it, but I've heard if you can't prove with tracking, they won't rule in your favor. <fingers crossed>

Unfortunately, because my sale was more than 90 days ago, the listing is no longer visible on eBay. This guy definitely knows how to work the system.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    So wait? PayPal sent a charge back to you? Did the seller have a case open? If not, it sounds like a mistake.

What is Paypal saying when you call them?

Mulleins
    He initiated a chargeback through his credit card, per PayPal. So technically, my funds are on hold.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is incredibly troublesome. Please keep us aware of how this ends up. If that's a loophole it needs to be closed.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

I have sent screenshots of what I can to PayPal -- hoping that will cover it, but I've heard if you can't prove with tracking, they won't rule in your favor. <fingers crossed>

Unfortunately, because my sale was more than 90 days ago, the listing is no longer visible on eBay. This guy definitely knows how to work the system.
    Some listing are viewable after 90 days if you have the listing number. Go to your feeback page. If you have left them feedback or they have left one for you, the listing will still be active on the right side of the feedback page. You can also try calling Ebay to try and get the listing number.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I most often send thing using Stamps.com. I can view delivery information more than 6 months back, but as you mentioned, trying the tracking # on USPS shows blank.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Another tip... paypal history goes back forever.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you reached out to the buyer to inquire why they are challenging a clearly valid payment? It's a long shot, but maybe the challenge is a mistake by someone with a faulty memory or a meddlesome spouse.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Contact USPS and let them know that you need the archived tracking for your item. They should be able to restore it for you so that you can show PayPal.

I would also point out that an eBay transaction needs to be resolved through eBay and not through a credit card charge back.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I have the listing #, have the tracking #, they just don't do me any good. eBay says details aren't available because it is more than 90 days old (not a big deal, it would just be another piece of evidence as to what this buyer has done) USPS online system just tells me the number isn't valid. I am going to have to try to find time to call USPS and see if they can track anything down.

Thus far, the buyer has not responded to my message asking about the chargeback.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the listing #, have the tracking #, they just don't do me any good. eBay says details aren't available because it is more than 90 days old (not a big deal, it would just be another piece of evidence as to what this buyer has done) USPS online system just tells me the number isn't valid. I am going to have to try to find time to call USPS and see if they can track anything down.

Thus far, the buyer has not responded to my message asking about the chargeback.
    What a pain in the ass. Good luck with it all.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't you go back through your eBay history? if you go into your feedback scores (just click on your eBay number next to ID) - as a seller - anything within past 6 months you can view the item - with your pictures. Since it was sold in September you should be able to view the item that way, as well as see their feedback. Then you can compare that item to their listing that sold. Just one more piece of evidence.

But I thought you'd have to enter an eBay or Paypal dispute within 30 to 45 days either way. And as mentioned before - if bought on eBay it would have to be within 30 days and initiated through them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Can't you go back through your eBay history? if you go into your feedback scores (just click on your eBay number next to ID) - as a seller - anything within past 6 months you can view the item - with your pictures. Since it was sold in September you should be able to view the item that way, as well as see their feedback. Then you can compare that item to their listing that sold. Just one more piece of evidence.

But I thought you'd have to enter an eBay or Paypal dispute within 30 to 45 days either way. And as mentioned before - if bought on eBay it would have to be within 30 days and initiated through them.
    I can see their feedback and the listing title, but no link to the listing. (I can't figure out how to insert the photo, but here's a link to a screenshot: https://goo.gl/photos/P8qjqEYG4TaEE6G4A)

I heard back from the buyer. They are denying having ever bought anything from me (despite the fact that clearly there is a record of it) and claiming they bought the book they sold directly from SP.

The problem is that they went around eBay and PayPal to say it was an unauthorized transaction with their credit card company. So the credit card issued a chargeback to PayPal, which has then contacted me. I have sent PayPal all the evidence I have, and hopefully it will end up in my favor.

And I had an $80 book that USPS said was delivered yesterday and it hasn't shown up. Not a good eBay week for me. (These are major sales/purchases for me)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ebay has changed their system. In the past, you could find the article (even if the auction is finished) by typing the #, which is the one you can find in your screenshot.
    Now, it brings you back to a list of similar items.
    Here is the link that it was : http://www.ebay.com/itm/221890997326
    The french ebay do not redirect but bring to a page that says that the item is not available anymore and that the items finished more than 90 days are not presented anymore : http://www.ebay.fr/itm/221890997326

Unfortunately, Google's cache gives no results either, but I guess its related with the ebay redirect.

Any chance to maybe contact Subterranean Press to ask them if maybe they would help you by saying if yes or no the buyer bought that specific number directly from them? I dont know if they would want to get involved, but then she mentionned them...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

I can see their feedback and the listing title, but no link to the listing. (I can't figure out how to insert the photo, but here's a link to a screenshot: https://goo.gl/photos/P8qjqEYG4TaEE6G4A)

I heard back from the buyer. They are denying having ever bought anything from me (despite the fact that clearly there is a record of it) and claiming they bought the book they sold directly from SP.

The problem is that they went around eBay and PayPal to say it was an unauthorized transaction with their credit card company. So the credit card issued a chargeback to PayPal, which has then contacted me. I have sent PayPal all the evidence I have, and hopefully it will end up in my favor.

And I had an $80 book that USPS said was delivered yesterday and it hasn't shown up. Not a good eBay week for me. (These are major sales/purchases for me)

Ask the Ebayer to explain the excellent feedback left for you

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    I did. Their response: someone else must have purchased it and is "using their good name"

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow! You are correct, he/she has figured out a way to work the system. I now fear it won't take long for others to follow.

Sorry you are going through this.

Mulleins

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    I did. Their response: someone else must have purchased it and is "using their good name"
    What about the delivery address on ebay and paypal? That argument doesnt stand in front of the same address...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think someone used her good name, her good credit card, and her good home address. They seem to have absconded with their ebay user name as they are now auctioning the book.
    One hell of a case of identity theft.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast