Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is that ebay bucks?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every three months, EBay adds up your qualifying purchases. Then they you give a a credit to be used against a future purchase. If you buy a lot of expensive items on eBay, it does add up. I think last time (July-September) I earned 15 eBay bucks, and right now I am up to 12 for October-December.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Every three months, EBay adds up your qualifying purchases. Then they you give a a credit to be used against a future purchase. If you buy a lot of expensive items on eBay, it does add up. I think last time (July-September) I earned 15 eBay bucks, and right now I am up to 12 for October-December.
    In the UK we get ebay + points. Same thing really.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How does one sign up for this? Or is it only for the .com website?

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember having to sign up for it - I only use the .com site, so I don;t know if it is done for the UK site - http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html#6

EDIT - looks like as of now (reading the FAQ), you do have to enroll in the program

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I never heard about such things.
    How do you know how many bucks/points you have? Is there a minimum of value for getting points?

@ELazansky : thanks for the link. Didnt see it before posting.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I think it is only open to US residents. Every time you buy something, it shows you how many eBay Bucks you earned. There is a page that shows you how much you've earned in the current 3-month period (which right now is October-December). Around the 2nd week of January, they send you a "certificate" telling you how much you earned. When you win your next auction, you can use those bucks to help pay for the item. It then starts over again for January-March.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to register for these things? Damn. I wish I'd known about the program before I bought that SIX STORIES S/L recently on eBay.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

There is no such things on the french ebay. Not that i spend thousands on ebay, but still...

Thanks to Mulleins, the ebay seller sent me an invoice... :-)

Country
    Country Flag

on ebay : i cannot leave a note to the seller regardings the cost of shipping, because he offers free shipping (in the USA).
    I paid international shippings, but cannot evaluate it?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Starting next year ( Jan 1st, 2011) Paypal will have to start reporting to the IRS. The selling limits will be 200 items or $20K before they report. This tax change was part of the ’08 stimulus.

200 items annually, is only 17 items per month. If you sell 2 Dark Tower sets on ebay in 2011, you will now have to pay taxes on them!.
    Last edited by Fsmdr; 11-19-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: corrected information

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

200 items annually, is only 17 items per year month.

Does this also mean that those sellers who charge me sales tax will actually start paying that sales tax rather than pocketing it? I know that is a State thing (sales tax) vs. a Federal thing (IRS income tax), but just wondering how the increased reporting might affect other taxation issues.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

My concern is not for the sellers that makes a living on Ebay, but more for collectors like us. What if one day I need to liquidate my collection?. Hopefully it will be a long way off, but it would certainly be something to think about.

Thanks for the correction, Patrick. Original post edited.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I like taxes, taxes are good, taxes are my friend (hold on, taking another drink of Kool-Aid) I like taxes, taxes are good, taxes are my friend................

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    I like taxes, taxes are good, taxes are my friend (hold on, taking another drink of Kool-Aid) I like taxes, taxes are good, taxes are my friend................
    I wish I paid $5,000,000 a year in tax. And I'm not kidding.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you paid 5 Mil in taxes, you probably netted >5 Mil.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If you paid 5 Mil in taxes, you probably netted >5 Mil.
    Exactly.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well, that's certainly not an exciting policy change...but, one only needs to pay taxes on the profit...so even if you make $20K in sales, you wouldn't pay taxes on $20K...in fact, you can report a loss just as easily...I sold a bunch of Easton Press signed editions this year at a general break-even, slight loss...so even if they reported the transactions there'd be no significant loss or profit to report (not that it was even close to these new limits anyway).

But...it would still require us to have more documentation than we need to worry about now, and that's a pain. But, if I were a legit business watching some Paypal seller basically do the same thing I'm doing, but NOT having to report income, etc., I'd be pretty annoyed, so it's fair.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Starting next year ( Jan 1st, 2011) Paypal will have to start reporting to the IRS. The selling limits will be 200 items or $20K before they report. This tax change was part of the ’08 stimulus.

200 items annually, is only 17 items per month. If you sell 2 Dark Tower sets on ebay in 2011, you will now have to pay taxes on them!.
    Do you have a link with more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    200 items annually, is only 17 items per year month.

Does this also mean that those sellers who charge me sales tax will actually start paying that sales tax rather than pocketing it? I know that is a State thing (sales tax) vs. a Federal thing (IRS income tax), but just wondering how the increased reporting might affect other taxation issues.
    So I need to start charging tax for my etsy shop? I'm confused do I only have to report my earning if I charge tax?

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Do you have a link with more info?
    http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/21/smal...luge/index.htm

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I'll need to do a lot more business for this to pertain to me:

The rule comes with a floor to weed out the most casual retailers: The 1099-K is only required when a merchant has at least 200 payment transactions a year totaling more than $20,000. But it applies to all payment processors, including Paypal, Amazon.com, and others that service very small businesses.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So........I need some advice from a few of you ebayers. I don't sell very much at all on ebay but currently have a listing up with a reserve price. My understanding of Reserve is so you can start bidding at a lower price than normal but ensure you don't sell below what you want to get. Now I'm getting a question asking how much the reserve is set at. If I answer that, isn't it sort of negating the purpose of the reserve to begin with? How would you answer? Is this a typical request?

Thanks in advance.......................Dick
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't disclose the reserve-otherwise why have one?

Country
    Country Flag

I agree - don't disclose the reserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast