Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I dont often sells on ebay anymore, but today I was surprised that on a product that I sold for 9.99€, they took a commission of 3.20€
    I''ve just realised that they take into account the cost of SHIPPING in the commission.

The book was sold to a member here, and so ebay considered the total cost of 39.99€ to calculte the commission, therefore the commission was 8% of the price+shipping.

Apparently it's like this since 2014, but still annoying! Need to take into account that when setting up a delivery price !
    There was a time when eBay didn't charge a percentage of the shipping fee. Of course people started taking advantage of that by selling cheap and charging outlandish prices for shipping.

Now eBay and PayPal both get full fees for the total order exclusive of taxes.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am interested by a concert that takes place in Paris on my upcoming birthday, but turns out that all tickets seems to be sold, on all websites.

I have noticed that someone sells 2 tickets on ebay at a not too expensive price (if I can sell back the second ticket).
    We all have heard about not buying tickets on the secondary market as they could be fake, so my question is : if i buy tickets on ebay and pay via paypal, can I complain afterwards if I cannot attend the concert?
    What kind of proof could I provide?

It however SEEM fine as the seller has about 300 feedback and a 100% rating, all of the sales being concert tickets...
    -
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If the tickets are fake, and you are denied entry to the event, you certainly can file a dispute with ebay. Scan the tickets before the concert so that you have your own image of them. If they are fake, they could be confiscated, and all you have is a story.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may try that and order the tix if still available when I get paid.
    If things dont go well, how may I prove to paypal that I couldnt enter the venue? Wont they be annoying about it?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I often do a simple search for "Stephen King" with newly listed as my sorting criteria. In the past, the date and time of the posting was listed on the search results. I don't see it anymore.
    Puzzling.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My search still shows the date and time about the same level as the price but on the right side.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it might be Firefox. Doesn't happen with Chrome.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!!

John

I just downloaded Chrome and my eBay search also did not show the date and time. Weird.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine doesn't show the date and time on some searches, but does on others. I've noticed it, but couldn't figure out why. I use Chrome.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

eBay to Intermediate Payments on its Marketplace Platform
    eBay has signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become its primary payments processing partner.
    https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news...lace-platform/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    eBay to Intermediate Payments on its Marketplace Platform
    eBay has signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become its primary payments processing partner.
    https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news...lace-platform/
    Reading through the babblespeak...what does that mean for the common ebay buyer/seller?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'd like to know that too. They say the transition will take a number of years.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot that eBay sold Paypal a few years back, that explains that, but that would be annoying for ebay users who dont necessarily want to use/trust another payment platform...

edit : "Customers will have the option of using Adyen on its site or going off-site to pay via PayPal."

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone ever gotten a 1099-K tax form from PayPal before, the one called "Payment and Third Party Network Transactions"? What gives? I've sold for years on eBay and have never gotten one of these before.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Anyone ever gotten a 1099-K tax form from PayPal before, the one called "Payment and Third Party Network Transactions"? What gives? I've sold for years on eBay and have never gotten one of these before.
    Me too! And for less than 2000 dollars! WTF?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Me too! And for less than 2000 dollars! WTF?
    Mine was for about $4000. This is absolute BS!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Aug 3, 2017 - Introduces new requirements for taxpayers who must file an pay 1099-K taxes. Payment Settlement Entities (e.g. credit card companies) and third party payment networks (e.g., Paypal and Google Checkout) send the 1099-K to the business owner.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/under...ng-your-1099-k

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Aug 3, 2017 - Introduces new requirements for taxpayers who must file an pay 1099-K taxes. Payment Settlement Entities (e.g. credit card companies) and third party payment networks (e.g., Paypal and Google Checkout) send the 1099-K to the business owner.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/under...ng-your-1099-k
    So it only happened because the buyer used a credit card? Haha, i got a tax form for one transaction on eBay for selling a book I spent 900 dollars on. I guess I’m never going to sell anything on eBay ever again.

Still ruminating on this: And now I’m out that one book! After I pay tax on that as income, I’m going to have sold it for a price I wouldn’t have sold it for! God-fucking-damnit.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not researched these regulations, but it seems to me that you should be able to offset the sale price by how much you paid for the item. If you paid $900 for the book and you sold it for $1000, you should only be responsible for the $100 profit.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My understanding is that PP doesn't issue the 1099k unless you have 20K in payments received, AND 200 transactions. I know because in 2013, because of the fundraiser (and personal sales) I exceeded both thresholds and thus received one. It was a bit of a PITA, but with the help of a tax preparing friend, I suffered no financial harm.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    My understanding is that PP doesn't issue the 1099k unless you have 20K in payments received, AND 200 transactions. I know because in 2013, because of the fundraiser (and personal sales) I exceeded both thresholds and thus received one. It was a bit of a PITA, but with the help of a tax preparing friend, I suffered no financial harm.
    That’s what I used to think, but I sold one book on eBay in 2017, and received a 1099 from PayPal for the exact amount of that sale.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That’s what I used to think, but I sold one book on eBay in 2017, and received a 1099 from PayPal for the exact amount of that sale.
    So the sale was by someone who used a Credit Card rather than PP?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Or a Credit card within the PP system?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast