+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

"I'm pondering how many LOLs are needed to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!" Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an has much to be proud of Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I dont often sells on ebay anymore, but today I was surprised that on a product that I sold for 9.99, they took a commission of 3.20
    I''ve just realised that they take into account the cost of SHIPPING in the commission.

The book was sold to a member here, and so ebay considered the total cost of 39.99 to calculte the commission, therefore the commission was 8% of the price+shipping.

Apparently it's like this since 2014, but still annoying! Need to take into account that when setting up a delivery price !
    There was a time when eBay didn't charge a percentage of the shipping fee. Of course people started taking advantage of that by selling cheap and charging outlandish prices for shipping.

Now eBay and PayPal both get full fees for the total order exclusive of taxes.
    https://www.gofundme.com/help-hurricane-victim-pay-vet-bills

See what's in my eBay store!

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am interested by a concert that takes place in Paris on my upcoming birthday, but turns out that all tickets seems to be sold, on all websites.

I have noticed that someone sells 2 tickets on ebay at a not too expensive price (if I can sell back the second ticket).
    We all have heard about not buying tickets on the secondary market as they could be fake, so my question is : if i buy tickets on ebay and pay via paypal, can I complain afterwards if I cannot attend the concert?
    What kind of proof could I provide?

It however SEEM fine as the seller has about 300 feedback and a 100% rating, all of the sales being concert tickets...
    -
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING) : on : Facebook | Twitter

ITEMS FOR SALE :

- French copies of RAGE,
    - Secretary of the Dreams, vol. 2 : uncorrected proof,
    - Just After Sunset, UK partial uncorrected proof

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If the tickets are fake, and you are denied entry to the event, you certainly can file a dispute with ebay. Scan the tickets before the concert so that you have your own image of them. If they are fake, they could be confiscated, and all you have is a story.

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may try that and order the tix if still available when I get paid.
    If things dont go well, how may I prove to paypal that I couldnt enter the venue? Wont they be annoying about it?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING) : on : Facebook | Twitter

ITEMS FOR SALE :

- French copies of RAGE,
    - Secretary of the Dreams, vol. 2 : uncorrected proof,
    - Just After Sunset, UK partial uncorrected proof

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I often do a simple search for "Stephen King" with newly listed as my sorting criteria. In the past, the date and time of the posting was listed on the search results. I don't see it anymore.
    Puzzling.

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My search still shows the date and time about the same level as the price but on the right side.

John

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it might be Firefox. Doesn't happen with Chrome.

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting!!

John

I just downloaded Chrome and my eBay search also did not show the date and time. Weird.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine doesn't show the date and time on some searches, but does on others. I've noticed it, but couldn't figure out why. I use Chrome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23