Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay & Paypal - Policies and Practices

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Wow 12% - won’t be selling much there anymore.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Not sure if everyone knows, but Ebay fees is now 12%. Sucks.
    I noticed that for my November sales. I don't have any idea when that started.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Not sure if everyone knows, but Ebay fees is now 12%. Sucks.
    I noticed that for my November sales. I don't have any idea when that started.
    They announced it in August; it started September 15

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s 12% specifically for book sales, which is more than a little annoying. Now with 3% PayPal fees, it costs just as much to sell a book on eBay as it does to sell a book through a consignment operation. Pretty lame. That’s why I only list stuff when they have some kind of promotional thing that reduces final value fees.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I quit selling on Ebay a long time ago. Between shipping and fees there is nothing left! And for buyers outside the US the global shipping program helpfully collects duties for foreign governments. Super helpful! I think they are ripe to be disrupted.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    It’s 12% specifically for book sales, which is more than a little annoying. Now with 3% PayPal fees, it costs just as much to sell a book on eBay as it does to sell a book through a consignment operation. Pretty lame. That’s why I only list stuff when they have some kind of promotional thing that reduces final value fees.
    Time to send more work David's way.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Time to send more work David's way.
    Definitely send more business to David.

Remember though that he charges a fee too.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Jesus Christ Almighty, I received a 1099-K from Paypal today that I wasn't expecting. Last year I got a 1099-K for selling ONE book for 1500 dollars and found out that Massachusetts had changed their tax laws such that EACH payment in excess of 600 dollars would result in a 1099-K. So this year I kept the few things that I sold to under 600 dollars EACH, but I got a 1099-K anyway. Turns out Massachusetts changed its tax law again so that if you receive payments IN TOTAL over 600 dollars for the year, you get a 1099-K. So literally everything I sold on ebay in 2018 is on the form. I got a 16.17 dollar refund from Cemetery Dance recently that they just had to issue via Paypal payment because it had been longer than 180 days since I bought the book, and even that is on there. So much for selling anything on ebay anymore and/or pursuing a hobby that involves a little buying and selling from time to time. Thank you, government (state, federal, whatever), for squeezing every last drop from us. My only consolation while I'm bled dry is the knowledge that my ample tax dollars will keep the government running smoothly.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Taxachusetts is just plain brutal.

Country
    Country Flag

My only consolation while I'm bled dry is the knowledge that my ample tax dollars will keep the government running smoothly.

From Intuit:

If you received money from paypal, but not as a business or with the intention of making money, you would not have to report the income on your tax return- unless you sold the items for more than you purchased them for. Even though you do not have to report the income, keep a copy of the 1099-K with a list of the items you sold and how much, with your tax records. If you did sell items as a side job, you would include the income on Schedule C (as business income)

From the Massachusetts Department of Revenue:

If you receive either a federal Form 1099-K or a Massachusetts Form M-1099-K that shows amounts paid to you, you must report taxable amounts on Schedule X, as other income, or if such amounts are derived from a trade or business, on Schedule C. See TIR 17-XX.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did paypal recently change something in their fees?
    I made a family/friends payment of $80. I had to use $60ish from my account or visa, because I didnt have enough money on paypal.

They charged me $2 or so.
    I am pretty sure that I wouldnt have any fees before for paying from my account.

Or maybe it was the currency actually
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I made a family/friends payment of $80. I had to use $60ish from my account or visa, because I didnt have enough money on paypal.

I am pretty sure that I wouldnt have any fees before for paying from my account.

They will charge for currency exchange and they charge for a credit card. If it's directly from your bank with no currency exchange then there shouldn't be fees.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

They will charge for currency exchange and they charge for a credit card. If it's directly from your bank with no currency exchange then there shouldn't be fees.
    Unless it's International. Even with F&F funded with a transfer from a bank, there is still a small fee if overseas.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So would you think that it's related to FF being international, being paid from the account, or currency exchange?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

So would you think that it's related to FF being international, being paid from the account, or currency exchange?
    The International fees. The currency exchange should be inclusive in the total amount converted.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, in another thread I mentioned I got a damaged book from ebay seller. I requested a return, and he offered a $50 partial refund. I said I wanted $75 or I would like to return it. He said, ok, and asked how we proceed. I wasn't sure. Does anyone here know what I (or he) need to do?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Have him pp you the money.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, I didn't know if ebay needed to be in the loop since I went through the request return process.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok, I didn't know if ebay needed to be in the loop since I went through the request return process.
    The burden is on him/her. Not sure how far you are in the dispute process, but if ebay approved the return and sent a shipping label, it is probably too late without actually speaking with an ebay rep, but cancelling W/O getting your $75 exposes you.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

After you get your $75, you can just go into the Return Details and click on cancel return - but I wouldn't cancel until you get your money, just to be safe

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    After you get your $75, you can just go into the Return Details and click on cancel return - but I wouldn't cancel until you get your money, just to be safe
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but thought he might be leery of that route. Will see if he is ok with that.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, in another thread I mentioned I got a damaged book from ebay seller. I requested a return, and he offered a $50 partial refund. I said I wanted $75 or I would like to return it. He said, ok, and asked how we proceed. I wasn't sure. Does anyone here know what I (or he) need to do?

Thanks,
    Mike
    If it went through PayPal, the seller can go to his PayPal account and click on the transaction. He can issue a partial refund there.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone had issues with sold items being shown as unsold? Two of my auctions just ended, both with bids, but one is listed as unsold and the buyer can't pay nor can I send an invoice.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's weird, the only trouble I've ever had is when a buyer wants to cancel. I usually always agree but it takes ebay a long time to approve it. They keep asking me to send the item or waiting on
    payment.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I called and spoke with a lady that confirmed what was on the community forum. It's a known issue that has been happening for about a month but they can't figure out why. She was able to do something on her end, refresh and it reset the auction to sold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast