Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I just had I moment.

I can't believe I just thought, "hey, that illustration isn't in my trade edition of Duma."

Then I realized it was a remarque.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Wow, I just had I moment.

I can't believe I just thought, "hey, that illustration isn't in my trade edition of Duma."

Then I realized it was a remarque.
    I know what you mean Ricky

A good remarque is like that. You almost have to know the picture didn't exist. When I showed my wife the remarque Caniglia did for me in Devils Wine (see picture) I had to show her a copy without it to get her to understand.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Attached Images

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it took me awhile to figure it out. I'm thinking that maybe it's a foreign edition, different trade, etc.

Remarques like that make the book so much more special.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana-

That is fabulous! Congrats. I am envious!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Wow, that is sweet! Signed by the author and the artist and it has cool remarque. Congratulations! Is there a story you can share?

I got the introduction to Stutzman from another collector. During our correspondent, I asked if I may send him a few books to sign. One of the books was a signed copy of Duma Key. I was blown away when I opened the book and saw the sketch. Such a kind and generous guy. He illustrated the covers of about 11 of King's book and the Dark Tower logo in the Viking editions. He mentioned that the art director he used to work with no longer works with King's publisher so he has not been assigned to any recent covers.

Ralph, I love that caniglia remarque. It does looks too good to be a sketch!.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Juliana, that's wicked cool!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow Juliana that is fantastic

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And what a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us peasants, J.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Juliana!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The master (MW) has spoken again.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    The master (MW) has spoken again.

WOW!!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Simply amazing!

Did you tell him what you would like inside them, or tell him to paint whatever strikes him????
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Birthday INDEED

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Simply amazing!

Did you tell him what you would like inside them, or tell him to paint whatever strikes him????
    I gave him a list of possible scenes all from the book, but gave him free reign to do what he wanted. I did not have any remarque from him featuring the Man in Black, until now. I think it is simply stunning, but then again, I am pretty biased in my opinion of his work.

He sent me another remarque preview (a surprise that wan't on my list) last night in addition to this one, but due to other behind the scenes stuff that I am privy to, I have to clear it with him whether or not I can share that remarque with you all.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

That is awesone, David!. What edition is the remarque on?. Very nice.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    That is awesone, David!. What edition is the remarque on?. Very nice.
    Juliana. The S/L Gunslinger. He did 5 new different remarques, all in S/L Gunslingers (#296, #310, #415, PC, and Lettered AY)

The three numbered and one PC books are all part of complete same-numbered sets. These are the only S/L Gunslingers in existence with remarques.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow that is nice!

Are you saying that you have five S/L Gunslingers with remarques in them?

Not sure how I feel about a remarque in a S/L Gunslinger. It is such a rare book.....I wonder if the remarque in a rare book like that adds to or detracts from its value?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I can only think that it would add to the value... especially by an artist as established and well known as MW.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Wow that is nice!

Are you saying that you have five S/L Gunslingers with remarques in them?

Not sure how I feel about a remarque in a S/L Gunslinger. It is such a rare book.....I wonder if the remarque in a rare book like that adds to or detracts from its value?
    Yes, all in S/Ls. I thought long and hard about adding/detracting from value and went for it. I know some may think I have hurt the value. That is their opinion. No worries on my part. I think someone would pay a premium if I ever sold a set.

Country
    Country Flag

David, I will pay you five Schrute Bucks for the entire set.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about the value question as i'm no expert but I do see where Wiz is coming from!.

If you've got a chance on something as special as those remarques then I would surely want them in the most special presentation of the novel itself!.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with David on this one. Rick Berry did an awesome drawing in my S/L Blackhouse and I feel the value went up because of it.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I can see a good argument for both sides.

When Glass Onion oversold the drawings Michael was to do in 19 copies of the Artist Edition of DT 7, Audrey called me to see if I would send them one of my copies for my drawing. She said I could send either an S/L of DT 7 or a standard Artist Edition of DT 7. I thought about it for a couple of days and finally sent an Artist Edition for my drawing. My thinking at the time was that I didn't want to alter a matched set of S/L DT books in any way from their original published state.

I'm still not sure I did the right thing. I think that these new drawings that David is getting will enhance the value of the complete sets, especially since the drawings are in DT 1's.

I'm looking forward to seeing the others.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast