Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1756

Thread: Remarkable Remarques! Sketches and Doodles too.

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    ....Even when I really like most of the artist's works, I think that some artists had too many remarques in the last years to the point that they lost their "appeal" (IMHO).
    And another really nice thing would be to know a new S/L or lettered edition with a "twisted" designed, like The Regulators S/L or lettered edition, or some of Charnel House's books. It's not that I don't like the current S/L editions (far from that...I love 'em!) but it'd be so great to see new designs.
    I agree.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

LONG time since I've been here but wanted to post these as remarques are my "thing." I just acquired a Joyland S/L remarqued and 3 more Wizard & Glass 1st trade Grant McKean remarques... Here they are:

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mckean remarques are fantastic!!!

Citizen of Gilead barlow will become famous soon enough barlow's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the cool remarques David, I really like the McKean ones.

Ken

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    The Mckean remarques are fantastic!!!
    Definitely agree. Great pick-ups, David!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even when I really like most of the artist's works, I think that some artists had too many remarques in the last years to the point that they lost their "appeal" (IMHO)
    I feel the same way. I love having one-of-a-kind illustrations (the few I have) in my books, but when there's 85 new remarques and remarque "projects" announced every other week, it gets old (for me at least).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The new option for a $250 Chong sketch is too expensive for me.

David, I like all of those. Congrats!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really love Vinnie's artwork, but yeah, $250 a pop is way over my budget as well.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Ari I agree with all that you said
    David - Very Nice McKeans!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For me (for a change) I'll be leaving the Subterranean Press Limited & Lettered Editions of The Shining untouched by remarques - although, having said that, the Cemetery Dance Limited & Lettered Editions of Doctor Sleep will be sent my way with all the remarques offered ... Not sure whether this means that my impulse control is improving, or that I'm not that great a fan of repetitious remarquing (Chadbourne Rats 'n' Wells being an obvious, blatant exception)
    We all float down here!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Dont think I posted these two yet
    Black House and Cell

reality continues to ruin my life

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello! This is an open question for collectors. I'm an illustrator who's done some remarques, but I'm unsure about a request I've received from a potential client. He's asked me to consider remarquing a FIRST EDITION copy of The Shining -- I'm very reluctant to honor his request for at least two reasons, those being 1) I had never illustrated the book, either interior or cover, in the past, so the remarque in such a collectible book makes little sense to me; and 2) if I did agree to do this job, I fear the value of this collector's first edition book would plummet. It feels like vandalism for me to get involved in this proposed project. Thoughts? I am not a book collector, so would like input from those who know the territory.

Many thanks.

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Even when I really like most of the artist's works, I think that some artists had too many remarques in the last years to the point that they lost their "appeal" (IMHO)
    I feel the same way. I love having one-of-a-kind illustrations (the few I have) in my books, but when there's 85 new remarques and remarque "projects" announced every other week, it gets old (for me at least).
    I thought it was cool when they would offer remarques in random books for no extra charge with the hope that you might get lucky like a lottery... not that I ever got one.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ESW View Post
    Hello! This is an open question for collectors. I'm an illustrator who's done some remarques, but I'm unsure about a request I've received from a potential client. He's asked me to consider remarquing a FIRST EDITION copy of The Shining -- I'm very reluctant to honor his request for at least two reasons, those being 1) I had never illustrated the book, either interior or cover, in the past, so the remarque in such a collectible book makes little sense to me; and 2) if I did agree to do this job, I fear the value of this collector's first edition book would plummet. It feels like vandalism for me to get involved in this proposed project. Thoughts? I am not a book collector, so would like input from those who know the territory.

Many thanks.
    Being an artist myself and having this very same idea put to me recently by a member here, I would say the majority would say no, don't do it, as people here did with me when I floated the idea. There are one or two people here and there who love artwork and don't mind whether you were the original official artist, only that they enjoy your work.

Ultimately I think you have to put it to your client that it may devalue their book but that if they really want you to do it you would, as long as they understand how you feel about it and the risk to the value. On the other hand you may not be able to bring yourself to do it due to your feeling of being a vandal.

Also as was stated and is correct, it is not a re-marque as you were not the original artist. It is simply a piece of art in the book.

Hope this helps!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by ESW View Post

Many thanks.
    I agree with you, not sure why anyone not associated with a book would get involved

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, thank you Rachel. You have reinforced my own inclinations regarding this job. -E

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Being a collector as well, I wasn't that keen on the idea of doing it either but I did put it out there to the masses to see what others thought. I was asked about potentially doing some in signed limited edtitions of the UK Doctor Sleep/Shining 2. One of the collectors here is still very keen on the idea of having me do it.

Glad to have been of help to you, you're welcome anytime Erin!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Try offering an alternative: a commissioned piece of art they can either tip-in themselves or frame.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Erin - I will say, in a somewhat unrelated note, I am very much looking forward to seeing what you've remarqued in my copy of Dr. Sleep!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You could go that route but then wouldn't people (or this particular client in Erin's case) have approached us for commissions to frame or tip in anyway, if that's what they wanted? I think everyone knows that both Erin and I are willing to take commissions but I'm not sure it is the same as having an original in a book. Give it a try with your client Erin and see what She/He says, it may be a happy medium.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's fine Erin unless you just don't want to...as someone who has had various commissions done if I like your work and you want to do it...why not...pretty simple really (again unless you just don't want to and at that point I would not want you to do something you are uncomfortable doing)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I would think it should come down to whether or not the customer really wants it. I'm thinking specifically of the artwork Don Maitz did for the Haven Fundraiser, remarquing Duma Key. The artwork was fantastic, but since they weren't his books, I wasn't interested. There were, however, collectors who did take advantage of adding that to their collection.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I like your work. If I had the money I'd have a copy with your work and a copy with Rachel's and a copy with etc... If I had the money I wouldn't care about devaluing the book, I'd only care about having something really special in my eyes. The only thing that lowers the value of a book is a FREAKING REMAINDER MARK, god I hate those.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you feel you can do a piece the customer will be happy with, do it. I presume you will do preliminary work prior to opening the book and doing a finished piece.
    A 1st of "The Shining" isn't an original Picasso.
    I think you could do something wonderful and different.
    Go for it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to my notes (and the catalog) there were 25,000 copies of the first printing. It's not exactly rare.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 71 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast