Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Movie List

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2019 Movie List

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

I guess I will keep tradition alive and start the ball rolling!

1. Silkwood
    2. Dumplin'
    3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damn, make us all look bad, why dontcha?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Damn, make us all look bad, why dontcha?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this year I'll separate new movies from rewatches. Also 2018 was the first year I kept the list up the full 12 months!

New

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I think this year I'll separate new movies from rewatches. Also 2018 was the first year I kept the list up the full 12 months!

New

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    Oh, thank god! It will be easier to look through your list now.

Also, you should start linking your past lists. I know it's time consuming, but it's cool to have all the past lists right there.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Also, you should start linking your past lists. I know it's time consuming, but it's cool to have all the past lists right there.

The main issue is the only list I finished was 2018. Usually by summertime I forget to update and I just give up lol

New

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    3. La La Land *****

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. Isle of Dogs
    2. Knocked Up
    3. Life of the Party
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

The main issue is the only list I finished was 2018. Usually by summertime I forget to update and I just give up lol

New

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    3. La La Land *****
    Watch something new, bitch!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watch something new, bitch!!!

I think you'll be amazed at how the list under new is going to grow in the next two months lol

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Movies viewed in a public theater which I also posted a review of in the "Rate the Last Movie You Saw" thread:

1. Escape Room 3/6
    2. Vice 4/6
    3. Replicas 2/6
    4. The Upside 3/6
    5. Serenity 3/6
    6. The Shall Not Grow Old (Documentary) 6/6
    7. Cold Pursuit 3.5/6
    8. What Men Want 3/6
    9. Happy Death Day 2 U 2.5/6
    10. Fighting With My Family 3.5/6
    11. Everybody Knows 3.5/6
    12. Greta 3/6
    13. Apollo 11 (IMAX documentary) 6/6
    14. The Kid 3/6
    15. US 5.5/6
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 03-23-2019 at 06:20 AM.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Fullmetal Alchemist
    2. Bleach
    3. Godzilla 3
    4. Deadpool 2
    5. Cargo
    6. Lara Croft
    7. Akira (original English dub)
    8. IO
    9. Close
    10. Tau
    11. Murder on the Orient Express

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. Isle of Dogs
    2. Knocked Up
    3. Life of the Party
    4. Westworld

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New

1. The Favourite ****

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    3. La La Land *****
    4. Train To Busan ****

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

2019 List:

Peppermint

Side note: Can't believe this is my tenth year of doing my list. Where did the time go?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

2019 List:

Peppermint

Side note: Can't believe this is my tenth year of doing my list. Where did the time go?!
    I know, right? I was thinking the same thing when I was doing mine for the first time seeing the stack of years is crazy.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New

1. The Favourite ****

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    3. La La Land *****
    4. Train To Busan ****
    5. Inglourious Basterds *****

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. Isle of Dogs
    2. Knocked Up
    3. Life of the Party
    4. Westworld
    5. The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    6. Bad Times at the El Royale

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. Isle of Dogs
    2. Knocked Up
    3. Life of the Party
    4. Westworld
    What did you think of El Royale? I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I really enjoyed myself with that one.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New

1. The Favourite ****
    2. The Piano ****

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    3. La La Land *****
    4. Train To Busan ****
    6. Hannah and Her Sisters *****

Country
    Country Flag

What did you think of El Royale? I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I really enjoyed myself with that one.
    I really liked it. I thought it was a well crafted story and a nice play on good and evil.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. Isle of Dogs
    2. Knocked Up
    3. Life of the Party
    4. Westworld
    7. The Cured
    8. Blood Fest

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

New

1. The Favourite ****
    2. The Piano ****

Rewatches

1. Another Year *****
    2. The Descendants *****
    3. La La Land *****
    4. Train To Busan ****
    6. Hannah and Her Sisters *****
    7. Raging Bull *****
    8. The Wrestler *****

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. Silkwood
    2. Dumplin'
    3. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    4. Life of the Party
    5. Vice
    6. Searching
    7. Ben is Back
    8. Wildlife
    9. Sad Hill Unearthed
    10. On the Basis of Sex
    11. Glass

Country
    Country Flag

How'd you like Glass, Mike? I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions.

Also, Life of the Party? I saw it recently as well. Liked Melissa McCarthy and seeing a rare "clean" comedy, but I didn't laugh as much as I was hoping I would going in.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How'd you like Glass, Mike? I've seen a lot of conflicting opinions.

Also, Life of the Party? I saw it recently as well. Liked Melissa McCarthy and seeing a rare "clean" comedy, but I didn't laugh as much as I was hoping I would going in.
    I enjoyed Glass. I think the film is getting some unwarranted hate for some reason. I felt the film captured the feel of both Unbreakable and Split, so in theory if you enjoyed those, then you should like Glass. My main issue is that Dunn's character disappears for much of the second half of the film. It features Jackson/McAvoy at that point. I would have liked for Willis to have a little more to do. I think most of the hate is coming from the ending, if I had to guess. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either.

Life of the Party is what happens when you have a mega star like Melissa McCarthy. She can get anything greenlit. She just goes to the studio, asks for money and then has her husband direct. I chuckled maybe once. The film should have been about mothers and daughters. Her daughter should have blamed her mother for the divorce. The rest of the film should have been about McCarthy and her daughter being brought together. Instead, she barely has any interactions with her. Much of the film centers on McCarthy having meaningless sex with a frat guy because she's old and he's young. Hilarious, right?

I love McCarthy, but she makes some stinker "comedies". I also saw this not long after seeing Can You Ever Forgive Me? and it really bums me out because she is a highly talented actress.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast