Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Book List

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2019 Book List

2019 Book List

Past years Links

Books
    1. The Water Knife - Paolo Bacigalupi (started 1/14/19, finished 2/4/19 )
    2. Fire & Blood - George RR Martin (started 1/24/19, finished 2/28/19 )
    3. The Racketeer (audiobook) - John Grisham (started 3/16/19, finished 3/23/19 )
    4. The Fifth Season - N. K. Jemisin (started 4/5/19, finished 5/10/19 )
    5. The Wolf Gift (audiobook) - Anne Rice (started 3/24/19, finished 5/17/19 )
    6. A Darkness More Than Night - Michael Connelly (started 5/11/19, finished 5/19/19 )
    7. Chuck Noll: His Life's Work - Michael MacCambridge (started 5/31/19, finished 6/13/19 )
    8. The Institute - Stephen King (started 9/24/19, finished 10/07/19 )
    9. The Nickel Boys - Colson Whitehead (started 10/08/19, finished 10/23/19 )
    10. Exhalation - Ted Chiang (started 10/24/19, finished 11/20/19 )
    11. The Associate (audiobook) - John Grisham (started 11/25/19, finished 12/13/19 )

Comics
    1. The Walking Dead vol 28: A Certain Doom - Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard (1/06/19)
    2. The Walking Dead vol 29: Lines We Cross - Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard (1/07/19)
    3. The Walking Dead vol 30: New World Order - Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard (3/11/19)
    4. The Walking Dead vol 31: The Rotten Core - Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard (8/14/19)
    5. The Walking Dead vol 32: Rest in Peace - Robert Kirkman & Charlie Adlard (8/14/19)

Anthologies
    1. Flight or Fright: 17 Turbulent Tales - Edited by Stephen King & Bev Vincent (started 6/14/19, finished 7/10/19 )
    2. In Sunlight or in Shadow: Stories Inspired by the Paintings of Edward Hopper - edited by Lawrence Block (started 7/11/19, finished 7/27/19 )

In Progress
    The Big Book of Science Fiction - Edited by Ann & Jeff VanderMeer (started 12/24/16, )
    The Guns of August - Barbara Tuchman (started 12/19/18, )
    The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe (started 3/6/19)
    Black Leopard Red Wolf - Marlon James (re-started 8/08/19, finished )
    The Underground Railroad - Colson Whitehead (started 11/20/19, )
    Neuromancer (audiobook) - William Gibson (started 12/20/19, finished 12/ /19 )
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 12-27-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Past Year Links:

2019:
    1. The Honourable Schoolboy, by John le Carré

Now reading: The Fifth Season, by N. K. Jemisin

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Past Years:

1. Unbury Carol - Josh Malerman
    2. The Babylon Contingency - Clifford Longley
    3. Tropic of Kansas - Christopher Brown
    4. Haven - Tom Deady
    5. The Cook - Harry Kressing
    6. The Movement of Stars - Amy Brill
    7. Letters from Yellowstone - Diane Smith
    8. The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - Katherine Howe
    9. Conversion - Katherine Howe
    10. The Geographer's Library - Jon Fasman
    11. The Map of Time - Felix Palma
    12. The Bellwether Revivals - Benjamin Wood
    13. Percival's Planet - Michael Byers
    14. The Evolution of Jane - Cathleen Schine
    15. Lexicon - Max Barry
    16. The Shadow King - Jo Marchant
    17. No Rest for the Dead - Various
    18. The Nuns of Sant'Ambrogio - Hubert Wolf
    19. The Witches - Stacy Shiff
    Last edited by Lurker; 12-31-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Fall of the House of Usher -EAP (5) reread
    2. The Masque of the Red Death -EAP (5) reread
    3. The Silence of the Lambs (audio) Thomas Harris/Frank Muller 5/5
    4. The Black Cat -EAP (5) reread
    5. The Call of Cthulhu Lovecraft (4)
    6. The Color Out of Space - Lovecraft (5+)
    7. The Hound -Lovecraft (4)
    8. The Rats in the Walls - Lovecraft (4)
    9. The Outsider - Lovecraft (3)
    10. Insomnia (audio) SK/Eli Wallach (reread) 5/5
    11. The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde (4)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Lolita - Vladmir Nabokov
    2. Vox - Christina Dalcher
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

2019:

1. Ararat - Christopher Golden (currently reading)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

1. Lolita - Vladmir Nabokov
    2. Vox - Christina Dalcher
    3. Becoming - Michelle Obama
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Misery - Stephen King

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Jack Vance - City of the Chasch
    2. Tim Powers - Three Days to Never
    3. Harlan Ellison - Pebbles from the Mountain
    4. Gene Wolfe - For Rosemary
    5. Stephen King - The Gunslinger (original) re-read
    6. Harlan Ellison - Deadly Streets
    7. Clive Barker - The Hellbound Heart (re-read)
    8. Ray Bradbury - A Medicine for Melancholy (re-read)
    9. Warren Ellis - Dead Pig Collector

10. David J. Schow - Zombie Jam
    11. Brian Keene - Dark Hollow

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My book could be next on everyone's 2019 list!

Pre-order Showtime HERE
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    My book could be next on everyone's 2019 list!

Pre-order Showtime HERE
    I read about your book on the website you posted. it sounds kinda interesting. I'll definitely have to try a paper back of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw that your order came through. Thanks so much for your support, Josh! It means a ton.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Past Year Links:

2019:
    1. The Honourable Schoolboy, by John le Carré
    2. The Fifth Season, by N. K. Jemisin
    3. Seventh Decimate, by Stephen Donaldson

Now reading: The War Within, by Stephen R. Donaldson

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. I Am Legend - Richard Matheson
    2. The Road - Cormac McCarthy
    3. Prisoner of Night - JR Ward
    4. Uncommon Miracles - Julie C. Day
    5. Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat - Anne Rice
    6. The Bear and the Nightingale - Katherine Arden

*reread
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Misery - Stephen King
    2. Alloy of Law - Brandon Sanderson

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List
    2018 List

1. I Am Legend - Richard Matheson
    2. The Road - Cormac McCarthy
    3. Prisoner of Night - JR Ward
    4. Uncommon Miracles - Julie C. Day
    5. Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat - Anne Rice
    7. The Wicked King - Holly Black
    *reread

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I like the title. I hope the bear is one of the good guys.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I like the title. I hope the bear is one of the good guys.
    Ummmm.....

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what, he isn't?!..

Country
    Country Flag

what, he isn't?!..
    It's a story based on Russian folklore and the bear isn't so nice. It's actually a trilogy but I've only read the first book so far. Maybe the bear gets nicer

Country
    Country Flag

tell me if he does, then I might read it too
    (if he doesn't, don't tell me! I don't want to know)

Country
    Country Flag

tell me if he does, then I might read it too
    (if he doesn't, don't tell me! I don't want to know)
    If you decide you want to know about the bear.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. Jack Vance - City of the Chasch
    2. Tim Powers - Three Days to Never
    3. Harlan Ellison - Pebbles from the Mountain
    4. Gene Wolfe - For Rosemary
    5. Stephen King - The Gunslinger (original) re-read
    6. Harlan Ellison - Deadly Streets
    7. Clive Barker - The Hellbound Heart (re-read)
    8. Ray Bradbury - A Medicine for Melancholy (re-read)
    9. Warren Ellis - Dead Pig Collector

10. David J. Schow - Zombie Jam
    11. Brian Keene - Dark Hollow
    13. Tom Piccirilli - Thrust

Country
    Country Flag

oh good Lord! you are sure it is based on Russian folklore?

Country
    Country Flag

oh good Lord! you are sure it is based on Russian folklore?
    Pretty sure. It takes place in 14th century Russia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast