Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Collecting Goals

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll carry over the two from last year. Hard to believe I got my big grail so I will have to add another.

1. Asbestos Firestarter (because, why not? )
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    3. Any US or UK 1st Richard Bachman PBs
    4. Any 2019 S/Ls or signings
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well like many others here, I spent WAY WAY too much money in 2018. Goals for 2019....nothing specific in truth. I'd love to get my Sphere Gunslinger proof signed, but other than that I'll just see what comes along.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Updated goals. I want to finish of first ed with better copies so here it is
    1. Salems' Lot with Second state dust jacket F\F
    2. The Stand first ed in F\F completed
    3. The Shining First ed in F\F
    4. Night Shift First edF\F
    5. Carrie First ed F\F
    I doubt I will be able to finish of the list, but there it is. After those, I will see about other S\L. Unless a special S\L comes my way.
    Good luck every one

Along the Path of the Beam ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough ianlever99 is a jewel in the rough

Mine are simple.

PS Publishing Carrie Letter P
    PS Publishing Thinner Letter P and
    PS Publishing Carrie PC copy number 3

Oh and asbestos Firestarter (one day)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    2. The Stand first ed in F\F
    5. Carrie First ed F\F
    I doubt I will be able to finish of the list, but there it is. After those, I will see about other S\L. Unless a special S\L comes my way.
    Good luck every one
    I bet you'll put off a few of those, Mike. You seem pretty focused; unlike myself
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    5. Carrie First ed F\F
    Good luck every one
    I bet you'll put off a few of those, Mike. You seem pretty focused; unlike myself
    I hope so. Last year was crazy for me. I bought about 10-12 books. Signed firsts and limited ed. It was nuts. These would be part of the main section of my collection.
    I have them all already but I need better copies. Even though some are signed. Alec helped get me focused. We shall see. Hopefully David can help me out a bit.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

5. Carrie First ed F\F
    Good luck every one
    I hope so. Last year was crazy for me. I bought about 10-12 books. Signed firsts and limited ed. It was nuts. These would be part of the main section of my collection.
    I have them all already but I need better copies. Even though some are signed. Alec helped get me focused. We shall see. Hopefully David can help me out a bit.
    Let me know when/if you’re selling the old copies you’re replacing. I might be interested in taking them off your hands.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Cool

Hey Adam. I will probably keep what I have. Two are signed and even though they are not perfect, I still would want them for that reason. That's Carrie and Night Shift. The Stand I would not sell to anyone because it's a complete mess and I would feel bad doing it. Salems' Lot, again is a 3rd state in not the best condition so I would keep that only because it's a 3rd state and there were not that many of them, even though they are worth less. And trust me, the DJ is frayed. The Shining is in the best shape so that I may not replace unless a perfect one comes up. So I am sorry Adam, I may be keeping what I have. But if I change my mind on The Shining or Salems' Lot, I will let you know.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

One down. At this rate, I'll be done by May.

(I won't; this list is just crazy, in retrospect).

For 2019:

S/Ls:
    - Gunslinger (Grant)
    - TWTTK (Grant)
    - The Talisman (Grant)
    - Christine (Grant)
    - Skeleton Crew (Scream Press)
    - Salems Lot (Centipede Press)

- Gunslinger 1984 printing (Grant)
    - UK IT "Special Collectors Edition" PB (NEL)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions.

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

5. Carrie First ed F\F
    Good luck every one
    I doubt it Brian. In fact, I probably won't get one of them. From the people I have been talking too, these are the hardest to get. Maybe if I get lucky.
    It may be eBay, even though I want to stick with David.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I appreciate the loyalty, but when it comes to collecting, if an opportunity presents itself...GO FOR IT....I will not be hurt if you spread purchases around. Just sayin'

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I appreciate the loyalty, but when it comes to collecting, if an opportunity presents itself...GO FOR IT....I will not be hurt if you spread purchases around. Just sayin'
    Exactly. Sometimes things just show up when you least expect it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One thing many never mention about David is his support in helping you get things from other places. For instance, I used to bug him all the time about the price of something when I found it (and he doesn't have it) before I knew enough... and he would ALWAYS tell me if it was worth getting or not. He is a collector too which is why he is the best book seller when it comes to King. Hands Down. Thanks for that David...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

OK. I will look around. Maybe eBay or someone on here from someone who takes checks . So I won't give up so easily.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK. I will look around. Maybe eBay or someone on here from someone who takes checks . So I won't give up so easily.
    My advice? PAYPAL... get on that my man. VERY easy and safe.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    My advice? PAYPAL... get on that my man. VERY easy and safe.
    I guess I don't want anything directly connected to any of my accounts. If I can get by without it, I would still rather do that. I am really old school. Sorry everyone.

Country
    Country Flag

What's this "check" you speak of? Leftover tech from the Old Ones?

My Mood
    Cool

Even though it's not King, if I can quote Skyfall "Sometimes the old ways are the best". And yes, I wander the planes of existence, one of the few who still respect and use the old ways. I have not forgotten the face of my father.

Country
    Country Flag

Even though it's not King, if I can quote Skyfall "Sometimes the old ways are the best". And yes, I wander the planes of existence, one of the few who still respect and use the old ways. I have not forgotten the face of my father.
    Touche', my friend. Touche'.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck everyone!

As for me I don't have any goals per say. I keep an eye on Betts and hope something that I'm looking for comes up(and that I can afford it at the time)
    My lifetime goal is a signed Pet Sematary 1/1. Whenever it will be will be.
    Also a signed Duma Key and Needful Things. Otherwise I just stay pretty laid back and happy with what I have

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Good luck everyone!

As for me I don't have any goals per say. I keep an eye on Betts and hope something that I'm looking for comes up(and that I can afford it at the time)
    My lifetime goal is a signed Pet Sematary 1/1. Whenever it will be will be.
    Also a signed Duma Key and Needful Things. Otherwise I just stay pretty laid back and happy with what I have
    All three are great books!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll just carry over my 2018 goals:
    1. Acquire all missing CD books
      • From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
      • From a Buick Lettered edition - done already
      • The Dark Man Lettered edition
      • Blockaid Billy Lettered edition
    2. Acquire all new published SK lmited books
    3. Acquire all missing US gift editions (3? to go)

Stretch Goal: Acquire 3 Lettered editions - already got 2!!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine are just to get back to what I had about 4 years ago when I moved and had to shuffle jobs as a result.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I'll just carry over my 2018 goals:
    1. Acquire all missing CD books
      • From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
      • From a Buick Lettered edition - done already
        [*]The Dark Man Lettered edition - Done!
      • Blockaid Billy Lettered edition
    2. Acquire all new published SK lmited books
    3. Acquire all missing US gift editions (3? to go)

Stretch Goal: Acquire 3 Lettered editions - DONE!!
    Updated
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My goals this year aren't books - but rather curation.

The budget is a bit tight, and truthfully it has been since I started collecting, I'll never be picking up heavy hitter editions or Holy grail pieces unless I get extremely lucky.

That said, I would like to get a second bookcase with glass doors, refinish my barrister, buy and apply Brodart to all the books that I've been meaning to wrap for ages, and generally organise the collection into a proper library.

If I can do that? I'll be very pleased, and I think it will be an enjoyable exercise in appreciating what I already own - and really letting them shine and be properly displayed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast