Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Collecting Goals

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2019 Collecting Goals

December is here and it's a good moment to start this thread.

Here's my list for 2019:

* The Plant #3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * SK New Book US Proof
    * SK New Book UK Proof
    * At least one of the S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
    * At least 2 of the 17 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
    * At least 2 of the 24 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 50 I'm missing.
    * At least 2 S/L KING books of the 13 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 15 of the 124 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 5 of the 31 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * At least 2 of the 163 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
    * The only Spanish edition I'm missing.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Carrie Lettered PS
    Dystopia Lettered
    My '19th' Whelan Original
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

These are Hopes
    F\F First Stand
    F\F 2nd salems' Lot
    Eyes of the Dragon S\L
    Six Stories S\L
    what the hell S\L The Green Mile.
    And Maybe S\L Salems' we will see on that.
    A first flat signed Outsider
    Maybe other Firsts that are signed as well.
    Misery S\L (probably won't happen)
    Then just see if there are signed first ed or other S\L that I can get.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Pretty simple and something I should’ve focused on in 2018: complete my NF+ US first edition collection. So, I would need:

- Carrie
    - Salem’s Lot
    - The Shining
    - Firestarter
    - Danse Macabre
    - Thinner
    - Storm of the Century
    - Faithful
    - Under the Dome
    - Elevation

Other goal this year is to sell all the fluff (wtf am I doing with ten books *about* King) in my collection and make some long term decisions about what kind of collector I’m going to be. For instance, I’m never going to own all the S/Ls so why would I have any of them? Just can’t justify spending that much on books when I have a toddler (i.e. money pit!) to raise. It’ll be tough but it’s possible I’ll be selling my S/Ls and other high-value non-King books this year.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's too bad Adam. Are you going to sell all your S\L? If you do, good luck. But I am with you on the expense. I am at the point where anything else I want will probably not be "cheap" money wise.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That's too bad Adam. Are you going to sell all your S\L? If you do, good luck.
    I’m not totally sure yet. I only have three King S/Ls and they each make my favorites list, but to complete the collection wouldn’t be the smartest idea (for me). I may keep them, I may not. Probably not doing anything until the next IT movie comes out, though. Thanks!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    ... For instance, I’m never going to own all the S/Ls so why would I have any of them?
    ... I only have three King S/Ls and they each make my favorites list, but to complete the collection wouldn’t be the smartest idea (for me). I may keep them, I may not...
    What’s wrong with being a non-completist and simply buying the ones you enjoy?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2 items for me in 2019 - signed first edition IT and another Ubris (ideally the issue with Night Surf).

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... For instance, I’m never going to own all the S/Ls so why would I have any of them?
    ... I only have three King S/Ls and they each make my favorites list, but to complete the collection wouldn’t be the smartest idea (for me). I may keep them, I may not...
    This!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Cool

There is no way I could be a completest. I just collect what I enjoy and more importantly, what I can afford .
    P.S I guess they don't need replies, but did you get my PM's becca? I just wanted to know that I did not scare you away .

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

There is no way I could be a completest. I just collect what I enjoy and more importantly, what I can afford .
    P.S I guess they don't need replies, but did you get my PM's becca? I just wanted to know that I did not scare you away .
    I got them. Was just busy the past few days and forgot to reply. Sorry!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2019 King Collecting Goals:

1. The Dark Tower II Audiobook S/L—this has been on my list for several years.
    2. Full Dark, No Stars Proof with white band
    3. Desperation Gift editions signed by King and Remarqued by Maitz in watercolor from 2015 Haven auctions #55 & 66
    4. Regulators Lettered (get in line, I know)
    5. IT Manuscript
    6. IT flatsigned

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Absolutely nothing! I think my problem is a personal one. I’ll see them there on the shelf mocking me: “c’mon there’s plenty of room here for that Stand Coffin, and while you’re at it why don’t you drop another 4K on that DRE? And why stop there? Get that matching DT set already!” What can I say.. my will power is all but non-existent when it comes to collecting so this would be a pro-active move to bolster necessary inhibitions. At least that’s what I’m telling myself!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

For 2019:

S/Ls:
    - Gunslinger (Grant)
    - TWTTK (Grant)
    - The Talisman (Grant)
    - Christine (Grant)
    - Skeleton Crew (Scream Press)
    - Salems Lot (Centipede Press)

- Gunslinger 1984 printing (Grant)
    - UK IT "Special Collectors Edition" PB (NEL)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions.

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post

3. Desperation Gift editions signed by King and Remarqued by Maitz in watercolor from 2015 Haven auctions #55 & 66
    5. IT Manuscript
    6. IT flatsigned

Good luck on the Desperation signed editions.
    As for the DTII Audio Book S/L, tippy4 seems to be able to find them like no one else can.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

5. IT Manuscript
    6. IT flatsigned

As for the DTII Audio Book S/L, tippy4 seems to be able to find them like no one else can.
    Unfortunately, none are very easy to find. Tippy4, I’m here if you have one . RF, thanks for the good wishes!

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I got them. Was just busy the past few days and forgot to reply. Sorry!
    No problem . Busy can be a good thing.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    For 2019:

S/Ls:
    - Gunslinger (Grant)
    - TWTTK (Grant)
    - The Talisman (Grant)
    - Christine (Grant)
    - Skeleton Crew (Scream Press)
    - Salems Lot (Centipede Press)

- Gunslinger 1984 printing (Grant)
    - UK IT "Special Collectors Edition" PB (NEL)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions.

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)
    That's a nice list Jack.
    The ones I listed were goals. But if something else presents itself, I hope I am ready. I have most of the S\L that I want. If I get From a Buick 8 and FDNS it would just be to get them.
    Not out of any real want. We shall see. Again, with me I never know what the year will bring. But I wish you good luck. This year was a big one for me. Maybe Eyes of the Dragon and Six Stories. In fact I will add them to my list.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks, Mike, I also wish you good hunting.

I know what you mean about Buick 8 and FDNS. I don't have them, am not really looking for them, but would pick them up if the price were right. And my list is also very much GOALS; I expect my actual purchases will be less/different. In 2018, I started looking for Hodder UK S/Ls in earnest, which wasn't my intent. The collecting bug is a fickle beast.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool

Well Jack,
    I really wish you luck in getting your S\L Gunslinger. I have a feeling I will never get that. Also good luck in your WTTKH quest. That might be easier. Your other stuff is great as I have a few of them and the quality of them makes them worth getting. But between buying my Lithographs now and King, it will be a juggling act for me. But maybe I will get lucky with some other stuff. I went crazy this year. I think I got 10+ books. I don't know if that will happen next year. We shall see.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Here is my list:

Gunslinger S/L
    Signed Green Mile Part 4

If I get either one in 19. I will be very happy!

19 should be a good year for all us gunslingers!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

5. IT Manuscript
    6. IT flatsigned

Unfortunately, none are very easy to find. Tippy4, I’m here if you have one . RF, thanks for the good wishes!
    I do not have any sadly.

A few years back...maybe even ten....I am across a local seller that had found several copies in a used book shop....still sealed in shrinkwrap....the book shop had no idea they were signed.

I bought two or three from her, but beyond the one I have......I have no extras.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some nice lists - broad range of cool stuff, and fun to see the different directions people are going. I agree with the above that it’s fine to just collect what you like, but I also think it’s fun and rewarding (and sometimes necessary) to really focus and narrow things down. I’m in the same boat as Adam and many. Would love to own King limited editions, but with budgetary restraints due to kids, etc., those might have to wait for me personally.
    I lucked into good prices on signed trade editions of the Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three a year or so ago. So, my goal would be to continue working towards a flat signed trade edition set of the Dark Tower books. If I could get one or two this year, I’d be happy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

5. IT Manuscript
    6. IT flatsigned

I do not have any sadly.

A few years back...maybe even ten....I am across a local seller that had found several copies in a used book shop....still sealed in shrinkwrap....the book shop had no idea they were signed.

I bought two or three from her, but beyond the one I have......I have no extras.
    What a great find! Thanks for the response.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll continue with my haphazard collecting ways. By no means ever plan on collecting everything (except maybe for Hill ).

Keep sippin' on that sweet Kool-Aid that Paul's serving and stay on the non-King track. If Paul should manage another King S/L; try to jump over to that track.

Stay in hock to Camelot year around, maybe Betts as well, and continue to wheel and deal with you fine folks here And actually complete some of those transactions.

Stay gainfully employed in order to fuel the passion.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast