Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Collecting Goals

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Updated goals. I want to finish of first ed with better copies so here it is
    1. Salems' Lot with Second state dust jacket F\F
    2. The Stand first ed in F\F completed
    3. The Shining First ed in F\F
    4. Night Shift First edF\F
    5. Carrie First ed F\F
    I doubt I will be able to finish of the list, but there it is. After those, I will see about other S\L. Unless a special S\L comes my way.
    Good luck every one
    updated
    Plus I got HHH proof
    Thinner ABA
    Scream Plays proof
    CK special art ed
    FDNS GE
    GBB S\L
    Updated again
    The Outsider 14th ed signed
    Gerald's Game ABA
    Sleeping Beauties S\L
    The Dark Man S\L
    Last edited by MikeDuke; 06-28-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    My goals this year aren't books - but rather curation.

The budget is a bit tight, and truthfully it has been since I started collecting, I'll never be picking up heavy hitter editions or Holy grail pieces unless I get extremely lucky.

That said, I would like to get a second bookcase with glass doors, refinish my barrister, buy and apply Brodart to all the books that I've been meaning to wrap for ages, and generally organise the collection into a proper library.

If I can do that? I'll be very pleased, and I think it will be an enjoyable exercise in appreciating what I already own - and really letting them shine and be properly displayed.
    I'm in the process of adding Brodart as well and need to add probably at least another 3 books cases.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some are carried over from last year:

The Shining Folio Society S/L 1/110
    The Plant Part 3 signed
    Colorado Kid PS S/L (150 Limitation) Looking for #'s 72, 78 or 149 (any artist)
    Wizard & Glass UK S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

I'm also tentatively entering the Lettereds market, so once the above list has diminished, or the available funds increase, this section is a slow burner. Wish me luck...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post

The Plant Part 3 signed

I'm also tentatively entering the Lettereds market, so once the above list has diminished, or the available funds increase, this section is a slow burner. Wish me luck...
    IT REALLY IS. SLOW for sure. I entered it by mistake. haha I needed a few of my favs like Regulators and Misery but now have gotten a few. I am not focusing on those now but rather the last few I would love to get. Last weekend I acquired my 19th Whelan so VERY happy about that. I JUST NEED my Dystopia and Carrie.. then I will breath. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post

The Plant Part 3 signed

IT REALLY IS. SLOW for sure. I entered it by mistake. haha I needed a few of my favs like Regulators and Misery but now have gotten a few. I am not focusing on those now but rather the last few I would love to get. Last weekend I acquired my 19th Whelan so VERY happy about that. I JUST NEED my Dystopia and Carrie.. then I will breath. lol
    I think we’re all actively searching for these white whales for you at this stage 😂😂😂
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Unsigned 1st edition of The Institute
    Signed 1st edition of The Institute
    S/L of The Institute (if made)
    G/E of The Institute (if made)
    Signed 1st edition of Elevation
    Signed 1st edtion of Thinner
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    Signed 1st edition of IT
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set
    Last edited by tippy4; 05-28-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I'll carry over the two from last year. Hard to believe I got my big grail so I will have to add another.

1. Asbestos Firestarter (because, why not? )
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    3. Any US or UK 1st Richard Bachman PBs
    4. Any 2019 S/Ls or signings
    5. Nebel

I forgot to add Nebel to my list. If I list it, it will come
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll carry over the two from last year. Hard to believe I got my big grail so I will have to add another.

2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    5. Nebel

Great goals! Mike P has a Nebel listed on eBay. I’m just sayin’

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post

2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    5. Nebel

Great goals! Mike P has a Nebel listed on eBay. I’m just sayin’
    Yep, saw that, thanks! I think this might be on the list for a while since I just got Regulators. But since I put that on the list and it's here, the list must work!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Traveler Erickaspicer will become famous soon enough Erickaspicer will become famous soon enough

My long term goal is signed dark tower seris. My 2019 goal....1 of them. I dont care wich one. Just one.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeffrey-true!

If anyone wants Nebel here, let me know and we can talk!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think this is the remainder of my wants.

Maybe 1 this year (Q3)

Christine s/l
    Eyes of the Dragon S/L
    Skeleton Crew S/L

Oh and Black House S/L no 24 if it ever surfaces

This would complete my little collection.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

1. FDNS Unbound 1st Proof
    2. Any S/L #186
    3. FDNS Unbound Color Proof
    4. FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Carrie Lettered PS
    Dystopia Lettered
    My '19th' Whelan Original
    Carrie and Dystopia elude me... BUT.... I have secured my 19th Whelan and it is NO small potatoes...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Firestarter S/L
    Sleeping Beauties S/L
    P2

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

X Carrie 1st/1st
    X Gunslinger 1st/1st
    Rage 1st/1st
    Roadwork 1st/1st
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a NEBEL currently on EBAY

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I'll just carry over my 2018 goals:
    1. Acquire all missing CD books
      • From a Buick 8 Gift Edition - Done!
      • From a Buick Lettered edition - done already
        [*]The Dark Man Lettered edition - Done!
      • Blockaid Billy Lettered edition
    2. Acquire all new published SK lmited books -on track so far
    3. Acquire all missing US gift editions (3? to go) - removing this goal

Stretch Goal: Acquire 3 Lettered editions - DONE!!
    Updated, and adding the following:

Replace 18 stolen 1st/1st books. (1 already had a duplicate, 6 already reacquired, so 11 to go) - see my signature, for remaining 1st/1sts.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Half of 2019 passed, so it's a good moment to check my current status:

* The Plant #3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * SK New Book US Proof - I'm supposed to receive it this weekend.
    * SK New Book UK Proof - I'm supposed to receive it once produced.
    * At least one of the S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing I got two
    * At least 2 of the 18 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. - Updated. I'm missing 18 actually.
    * At least 2 of the 24 promo items I'm after.
    * At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 50 I'm missing. I got 5.
    * At least 2 S/L KING books of the 13 I'm missing. I got two.
    * At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing. I got 1
    * At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing. I got two, but I added another two.
    * At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
    * At least 15 of the 124 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got 19.
    * At least 5 of the 31 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 1
    * At least 2 of the 163 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got one but I summed 3, so I'm after 165 now.
    * The only Spanish edition I'm missing.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense Incredible but true. I got it.
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful progress. You are doing quite well.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Updated as noted
    I want to finish of first ed with better copies so here it is
    1. Salems' Lot with Second state dust jacket F\F
    2. The Stand first ed in F\F completed
    3. The Shining First ed in F\F
    4. Night Shift First edF\F
    5. Carrie First ed F\F
    I doubt I will be able to finish of the list, but there it is. After those, I will see about other S\L. Unless a special S\L comes my way.
    Good luck every one[/QUOTE]
    updated
    Plus I got HHH proof
    Thinner ABA
    Scream Plays proof
    CK special art ed
    FDNS GE
    GBB S\L
    Updated again
    The Outsider 14th ed signed
    Gerald's Game ABA
    Sleeping Beauties S\L
    The Dark Man S\L

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I've been on a collecting hiatus for most of this year so far, so I've only managed to cross off a couple.

S/Ls:
    - Gunslinger (Grant)
    - TWTTK (Grant)
    - The Talisman (Grant)
    - Christine (Grant)
    - Skeleton Crew (Scream Press)
    - Salems Lot (Centipede Press)

- Gunslinger 1984 printing (Grant)
    - UK IT "Special Collectors Edition" PB (NEL)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions. Early-ish. Not any of the really early, high-priced editions

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)[/QUOTE]
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a thread about or does anyone want to share display cases?

We are building and I'll have a "library" but the common great room will get some of my favorites, like the upcoming Suntup Rosemary's Baby, which have been wife approved for display. I'd like something nice, but also secure....have a 5 and 6 year old with friends.

Thoughts?
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post

We are building and I'll have a "library" but the common great room will get some of my favorites, like the upcoming Suntup Rosemary's Baby, which have been wife approved for display. I'd like something nice, but also secure....have a 5 and 6 year old with friends.

Thoughts?
    Here is the bookcase thread

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...6425-Bookcases

And here is the Collection thread..lots to gander at

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ing-Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by knightmare View Post

Thoughts?
    Here is the bookcase thread

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...6425-Bookcases

And here is the Collection thread..lots to gander at

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ing-Collection
    Much appreciated
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast