Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Vincent

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Great stuff, Vincent. I'm not familiar with the ledger; what is it?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, very cool. Nice addition to your collection, mate...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supernice Dreamcatcher collection Vincent !!!
    Now you only need DUDDITS S/L
    Thanks Frank. Luckily for my bank account I don't get tempted by collecting S/L's. I'm a prepublication guy. There is a bound manuscript of Dreamcatcher out there, but I'm not too concerned about getting that.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A Dreamcatcher come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Wow, love that ledger
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Really cool stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Great stuff there, Vincent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Great stuff, Vincent. I'm not familiar with the ledger; what is it?

HBJ
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Oh, very cool. Nice addition to your collection, mate...
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Here's a few more pictures of the ledger. It was a promotional item for the release of the book: an actual size reproduction of the first 8 pages of the first ledger used by King to write the first draft of the book in longhand. It's a pity it's only 8 pages, of course. But what are you gonna do.

The book is next to it to give you an idea of the dimensions of the ledger.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Darn. I have that ledger, but I never really looked into it. I need to do so!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's my Bag of Bones stuff.

First up: a photocopy of the typescript of the first draft of BoB:

King wrote the first draft of BoB in longhand. He then asked Marsha to key in his manuscript. That was then printed out and given to Russ Dorr, King's trusted proofreader and fact-checker. He wrote comments in the margins here and there, that are also on this photocopy. Fun stuff like "I doubt this" and "talk to me about this". Very cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Next up: the bound "second draft" manuscript, with letter from the editor-in-chief Nan Graham.

This version will be quite thoroughly rewritten compared to the first draft, taking all of Russ Dorr's comments into account.

Country
    Country Flag

Then came the ARC:

(not in great shape, but hey)

By this point editor Chuck Verrill had gone through the text with King, again making changes to the text. In the author's note, King calls Verrill's editing job on the book "monumental", and "his personal best".

Country
    Country Flag

Then promo stuff was made and sent out. This fridge magnet of the opening page and a cassette tape with an interview.

Has anyone heard this interview?

Country
    Country Flag

And here's the first edition:

One day, when a great big sack full of of free time just falls on my head, I'd like to parallel read all these versions of the novel, and see how the text evolved and changed.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff there, Vincent. Thanks for sharing.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! What a wonderful chance to experience King in the Raw. And then see how all the talented folks help shape the work. Such a cool opportunity you have! Thanks for sharing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really neat, I bet the manuscript will be fun.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Looks like you put some meat on your BAG OF BONES collection.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing BAG OF BONES collextion !!!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is some really cool Bag of Bones stuff you have there. And that Dream catcher stuff is nice also.
    Congrats.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, congratulations !
    Now you need the rare french proof, which reproduces a letter from King to the booksellers !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great BOB stuff! One of my King favorites.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Great stuff there, Vincent. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Wow! What a wonderful chance to experience King in the Raw. And then see how all the talented folks help shape the work. Such a cool opportunity you have! Thanks for sharing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Really neat, I bet the manuscript will be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Looks like you put some meat on your BAG OF BONES collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Amazing BAG OF BONES collextion !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That is some really cool Bag of Bones stuff you have there. And that Dream catcher stuff is nice also.
    Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Awesome, congratulations !
    Now you need the rare french proof, which reproduces a letter from King to the booksellers !
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Great BOB stuff! One of my King favorites.
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm a manuscripts guy through and through.

Jeremy, that french proof sounds interesting, if you've got a picture of one, I'd like to see it.

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I forgot about one more Bag of Bones. This one was a stroke of luck on ebay: a well-read but signed UK paperback, for just 20 pounds or so. The listing must have only been online a few minutes.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Thanks so much everyone! I'm a manuscripts guy through and through.

Jeremy, that french proof sounds interesting, if you've got a picture of one, I'd like to see it.
    Here it is : the front cover reproduces a note by Stephen King, available in a promotional booklet from Hodder in 1998
    I only know of an handful of copies of this french proof

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks very much for that, looks very cool! I'll keep an eye out for one.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy hell, these are amazing, Vincent. Where the hell do you locate this stuff? (don't have to answer - just let me admire the mystery and magic!) Awesome stuff...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Holy hell, these are amazing, Vincent. Where the hell do you locate this stuff? (don't have to answer - just let me admire the mystery and magic!) Awesome stuff...
    Hi Peri, thanks for stopping by! The first draft photocopies I was able to buy from a most excellent member here, second draft as well, and then I went from there.

I'm constantly amazed at how much pre-pub stuff I've seen come up for sale these past three years I've been watching.

Country
    Country Flag

Some magazines

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool magazines
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast