Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Vincent

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They are awesome! Never seen any of those .. thanks for sharing

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    They are awesome! Never seen any of those .. thanks for sharing
    thanks peri!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the IT promo material. Must have been exciting when the book came out.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Love the IT promo material. Must have been exciting when the book came out.
    Thanks, yes I think so too. Bookstores first got buttons ‘IT is coming’, then later ‘IT is getting closer’, and finally ‘IT is here’.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Country
    Country Flag

Note to self: read the listing carefully before buying a book, dummy! What am I going to do with an audiobook of a reference work??

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

If you use it as a mini Frisbee, you'll get some exercise.

If you throw it away, it will be worth $10,000 in five years.

Or...you could listen to it and learn all about that Stephen King guy, whoever he is.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I like the Frisbee idea!

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pictures of my IT UK Proof. It's a beautiful book. A lot sturdier than the US Viking proof. Condition is far from fine, it has been read (twice). It has this issue of this long scratch on the cover at the left edge close to the spine, and I've seen that with a couple of these IT UK Proofs. The one Michael Pasiuk listed on ebay recently had a similar thing.

The back cover states Hodder did cinema and TV advertising. I'd love to hear if anyone remembers seeing this. It makes me very curious.

I bought it via ebay from a man who owned a bookshop when the novel came out. It was sent to him straight from Hodder. He later drew in the 5 missing pieces of artwork in the book in pencil. I'm sure most collectors would not like this, and it surely devalues the book quite a bit, but I think it's fun. The bookseller read it at the time, and his mother also. Perhaps he drew the art in for his mother's sake.

The book arrived at my house wearing a dustjacket, identical to the one on the first edition, but shorter at the bottom. He did this himself again. He told me he used to order extra dustjackets from the publisher, and used them to put together a nice window display. Afterwards, he cut one up and slapped it around the proof.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a proof I've been wanting a long time.
    Despite the condition, and misspelling humor, I still like it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great proof and background story I think it still looks quite nice. The spine of this proof is super prone to fading. The spine of my first copy was light pink! My second copy was in far better condition though, so they are out there. That one is now part of Jon P’s collection.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congrats! I don't collect King proofs at all, but I'd make an exception for the U.K. IT. A very attractive proof indeed.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    That's a proof I've been wanting a long time.
    Despite the condition, and misspelling humor, I still like it!
    I hope you find one. Pasiuk57 sold his through ebay not so long ago. If you get one, best not read it, it's filled with spelling mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Great proof and background story I think it still looks quite nice. The spine of this proof is super prone to fading. The spine of my first copy was light pink! My second copy was in far better condition though, so they are out there. That one is now part of Jon P’s collection.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. Mine is not very faded, I think, so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congrats! I don't collect King proofs at all, but I'd make an exception for the U.K. IT. A very attractive proof indeed.
    Thanks, I like it too. The cover is very loud, to say the least :-), but it gets the message across.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool. Congrats Vincent...

Country
    Country Flag

thanks peri!

I'm really over the moon with my latest score: a photocopy of the manuscript for Needful Things as King sent it to his editor Chuck Verrill at Viking. With corrections by King and suggestions by Verrill throughout. Many thanks to Michael Pasiuk for this.

This makes my collecting year 2019 a success already. I thought about putting a NT MS on the page for 2019 collecting goals, but didn't do so because I never thought it would happen. And now it has!

Also big thanks to Biomieg for the beautiful first edition.

Needful Things is my second favorite King book. I've already spent two great hours reading the manuscript last evening, and am looking forward to many more.

Well, you certainly can't beat that with a stick. It's so big it'll fight back!

Fantastic find!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Vincent! It's one of my all time favorites as well and holds a special place. My mom sent me that book while I was in military training.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Now that is really cool. Congrats on that manuscript.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, It's huge. very cool.
    Congrats again on the manuscript.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Well, you certainly can't beat that with a stick. It's so big it'll fight back!

Fantastic find!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Vincent! It's one of my all time favorites as well and holds a special place. My mom sent me that book while I was in military training.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Now that is really cool. Congrats on that manuscript.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Wow, It's huge. very cool.
    Congrats again on the manuscript.
    Thanks everyone! It is a huge stack indeed, 898 pages, printed single sided. The font is also quite big. Bigger than on the IT manuscript. I think during the nineties and noughties he printed his stuff in bigger font sizes because of his eyesight getting worse.

Country
    Country Flag

some new kids on the block, all fantastic books:

Green, blue, yellow, red and orange. That's the whole spectrum of collecting right there!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Vincent!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, brother V.!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I imagine the Straub’s proofs are extremely rare and hard to find. Well done!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast