Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Duke Basketball - 2018/19 Starts Here!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Duke Basketball - 2018/19 Starts Here!!!

I have long been fan of. Duke College Basketball. I've followed the program for as long as I can remember enjoying and reveling in their many exploits and long list of excellent players who have gone on to make a mark for them selves in the NBA. So, I anxiously devoured the hype and discussion regarding the 208/19 team so I was extremely excited to see the team in its first action against No.2 Kentucky. As some of you my be aware I was recently hospitalized and there fore under the influence of first rate pain killers, but I refused to let that stop me from seeing the team in its opening game.

Somehow, my brain seemed to register and wake me before each dominating moment exhibited by, Zion Williamson. It was like the drug knew when to let me nod off in bliss and then arouse me just in time to see the first year freshman perform some amazing feat against the No.2 team in the country. I don't recall watching someone dominate an opponent to such a degree since, Jordan played for, North Carolina so many years ago!

The truly amazing thing to me was the degree with which he was able to make other team members shine while also singularly performing amazing scoring performances on his own. I was also impressed with the way that the rest of the team complimented one another reminding me quite a bit of the heralded Warriors of the NBA!! I'm ready to complete my March Madness Bracket here and now and look forward to watching this team throughout the 2018 campaign as it fights its way to glory come March!!

Anyway, I know its early and we're just a few games into the long season, but I invite all you college basketball junkies out there to use this thread as your sounding board for the current season and a prelude to our own "Needful Things March Madness Bracket Challenge". You love, Duke as well? You hate, Duke? You prefer another team and or player (s)? Post it here as we march to the crowning of the 2018/19 College Basketball National Champion!!!

I have a feeling we may be in for a very special season with some historical implications for the future. Where were you when, Michael Jordan first declared himself the GOAT in basketball? Maybe you'll have an answer for that question when it comes to, Zion Williamson in the not too distant future!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And they're at it again vs Eastern Michigan!!! This guy is going to break a backboard this season. Mark my words!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, no "Cameron Crazies" out there I take it? lol

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

let's hear it for the Dukees!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, first loss of the year to the, Zags. Zags look to have a good team as well to watch for!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big win for the Blue Devils this evening!!!!!! Nice bounce back from that less than spectacular effort vs. Syracuse.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2-9-19

#2 Duke vs #3 Virginia!!!!!!!

20 - 9 1st Half

52 - 41 2nd Half!!!!

81 - 71 Final!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I was in the hospital for a procedure and therefore just catching up, but holy crap what a HUGE win over Louisville the other night!!!! Down as much as 23 points they came back to win 71-69!!!! Incredible game and a gutsy performance. Anybody still on the fence regarding this, Duke team has to be a bit crazy. Once again, Zion led the charge. This guy is special, folks!!!! And this comeback win came on the heels of the victory over #3 Virginia.

Go Blue Devils!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Roll Tide!!!
    Opps....Wrong sport
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Close one last night against Wake Forrest!!! The way they won in the end brings "Destiny and/or fate to mind!!!

Big game vs. North Carolina coming Saturday!!!! Apparently, they'll still be without the services of, Zion until the ACC tournament.

GO BLUE DEVIL'S!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Duke goes down in the second round of the NCAA tournament...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Game Tonight!!!! Go, Devils!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

They lost again.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Zion is BACK!!!!!

The Diaper Dandy is Dominating, Syracuse!!!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HA! Axe 'em Jacks!!!!!!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439