+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Colorado Kid, a new edition with 20 illustrations

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Colorado Kid, a new edition with 20 illustrations

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh Dear God. Just how many editions does one title need???
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if there will be a limited like Joyland?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide has a spectacular aura about SystemCrashOverRide has a spectacular aura about SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I hope so, I had wonderful luck with that one... What are the odds the pricing is as reasonable as last time? I doubt it personally.

The Hound CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get what they’re going for but the cheesecake covers for these are kind of embarrassing. Like the Joyland illustrated cover has the naked woman with a towel covering herself holding the rifle. (Although this is mild compared to that.)

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    I hope so, I had wonderful luck with that one... What are the odds the pricing is as reasonable as last time? I doubt it personally.
    Yeah $75 was a surprise.

Servant of Gan St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I get what they’re going for but the cheesecake covers for these are kind of embarrassing. Like the Joyland illustrated cover has the naked woman with a towel covering herself holding the rifle. (Although this is mild compared to that.)
    Aren't they based on an old line of books like that? I thought I heard something like that, but I forget the details.
    Dogs are not cats.

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Aren't they based on an old line of books like that? I thought I heard something like that, but I forget the details.
    Yes, they are deliberately retro, recalling the "racy" pulp covers of yesteryear. I like them, even as I roll my eyes.

If this were a hardcover like Joyland Illustrated, I'd definitely pick up a copy. But as a PB, I'm less inclined.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perfectly happy with the hardcover edition from a while back. No need for another.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

“It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Given that I have not bought TCK yet, how do all of you (who don't have much enthusiasm for this new edition) think this edition stacks up for me to go with? Keep in mind, I'm not looking for anything truly collectible etc.
    Dogs are not cats.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

If you want a book that won't appreciate in value and you also happen to like the illustrations then go for it.
    “It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”
    Mark Twain

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    If you want a book that won't appreciate in value and you also happen to like the illustrations then go for it.
    Check and check. Thanks.
    Dogs are not cats.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 has a spectacular aura about jreitan47 has a spectacular aura about jreitan47 has a spectacular aura about jreitan47's Avatar

I'm told by editor/publisher Charles Ardai that a limited is not planned, there also will not be any advance proofs produced for those looking for that.
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I'm told by editor/publisher Charles Ardai that a limited is not planned, there also will not be any advance proofs produced for those looking for that.
    Thanks for checking.

+ Reply to Thread