Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TwitterStone - October Box

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TwitterStone - October Box

Hello, just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for supporting our first subscription box, and also for your patience. Not having done this before, and honestly starting this under the stressful circumstances has been an ‘interesting’ experience – to say the least. That being said I truly feel like we are in this together after all that we went through with The Nocturnal Reader’s Box and Vincent.

But this is a positive e-mail, hopefully, so let’s move on to bigger and better things.

The first box shipped out today – at least for all the domestic customers. Still working on the international ones but they should ship in the next day or two as well. We might hit our delivery goal (Halloween) for some of you, but some of you will be getting them a day or two later. Sorry for the delay, but again, we are learning on the fly how all of this works.

I hope you enjoy the inaugural box. I think we did a great job pulling this together quickly. I can say the December box is going to be sooooooo awesome. Just wait. J

I have no idea if tracking numbers will be e-mailed or how any of that works. My apologies. I have asked, but still don’t know. I know there are tracking numbers for each delivery, I just don’t have access to finding out how that works yet. I can say if you have any issues with delivery I’m happy to ship you another box, but let’s give it until say next Monday/Tuesday at the latest (for domestic customers) and for international sometime towards the latter part of next week. Not the best in details here, but again, thanks for your patience and hopefully our 2nd box will be a bit better organized and by our 3rd box we might even know what we are doing.

To wet your palate I have attached a short story (The Stranger) – mobi, epub and PDF files – written by the same author and in the same world as one of the books coming your way. This is a yet to be published short story so you guys are the 1st to receive it. Hopefully this will give you an idea of what we have in mind coming up, as we truly have some unique ideas for this adventure.

If this didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to send me a note. Happy to answer with any details I have and will do my best to help.

Thanks again.

Chris
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm hopping on a plane early tomorrow morning, was hoping to have get the box before I leave but I might have to wait till I get home next week. Can't wait to see what's in it!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In all honesty, I will never bother with one of these boxes again. No matter what is in them.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Kris here. The sub boxes make me kinda nervous now. I've never heard of this? What are the details?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't blame you guys. Curiosity got the better of me and I thought I'd join for a month to see what it's like. Not sure I'll continue on with it though.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I'm with Kris here. The sub boxes make me kinda nervous now. I've never heard of this? What are the details?
    Me three. I'm still not refunded on my King box purchase. It was a lot of drama and the bad did not outweigh the good in the end. It was fun, but I was spending over $500 a year on books and things I didn't choose. That's $500 I now have toward a Suntup book.

THOUGH I do want to see what's in this box. I can't help my curiosity.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

JournalStone Publishing provided books to Vincent for use in the NRB. Last I've heard is that Vincent still owes Christopher Payne of JournalStone $30,000.

Since NRB is now defunct, Chris talked about perhaps putting together a box himself. After all he has lots of books and contacts. He received a positive response to the idea, and he decided to go ahead and put a box together. He's trying to do it right and get proper permissions.

The first box is Halloween themed. It contains two novels and multiple themed add-on items. The next box comes out in December. The box is supposed to contain quality items at a good value. I bought the Halloween box. You can either purchase a single month or sign up for a subscription.

I actually enjoyed the NRB boxes at first. I went through my ~dozen boxes a couple of months ago. There was definitely some cool stuff albeit not all authorized.

JournalStone isn't NRB. I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

https://twitterstone.com/

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Brian. When you get your first box please let us know what's in it.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Brian. When you get your first box please let us know what's in it.
    Someone posted a photo of the Twitterstone box in a FB group that was created in the aftermath of NRB. And the initial response is that people seem pretty disappointed. I wasn't impressed with what I saw but I am over sub boxes. There have been big promises for the December box and I'm rooting for them. I hope they make it work.

In the spoiler tag are the details:

Spoiler

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Someone posted a photo of the Twitterstone box in a FB group that was created in the aftermath of NRB. And the initial response is that people seem pretty disappointed. I wasn't impressed with what I saw but I am over sub boxes. There have been big promises for the December box and I'm rooting for them. I hope they make it work.

In the spoiler tag are the details:

Spoiler
    I wasn't overwhelmed.

I do understand that this is his first attempt, and he put this box together on short notice.

I think I'll buy the December box. He'll have had enough time to do that on right. If it's similar to this one then I'm out.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Have all of these subscription box services been monthly in nature? I wonder if a quarterly model would make more sense, by providing the seller with enough time to source truly interesting items (and remove some of the "find it now, ship it tomorrow, whatever it is" pressure that must exist) and give buyers time to build anticipation rather than fatigue from simple frequency. I hate the phrase "less is more," but in a case like this, perhaps it would be.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

This box is bi-monthly. I think that's better than monthly.

I expected there to be a learning curve. Chris said he didn't really know how to do a subscription box. He's learning as he goes along.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Have all of these subscription box services been monthly in nature? I wonder if a quarterly model would make more sense, by providing the seller with enough time to source truly interesting items (and remove some of the "find it now, ship it tomorrow, whatever it is" pressure that must exist) and give buyers time to build anticipation rather than fatigue from simple frequency. I hate the phrase "less is more," but in a case like this, perhaps it would be.
    I agree completely. I’m not super-interested in sub boxes and have never subscribed to one. I’d be far more likely to commit to one if it were quarterly.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    This box is bi-monthly. I think that's better than monthly.

I expected there to be a learning curve. Chris said he didn't really know how to do a subscription box. He's learning as he goes along.
    I look forward to the impressions of the subscribers once they receive the December box. I wish Chris the best with this. At least you’re dealing with someone honest.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Well I just got home from vacation and opened my box, and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but since it got hyped up so much I was expecting something better, and with having to pay so much for shipping I definitely don't think it was worth the money. Also I just saw Ed Kurtz recently and I purchased that exact same book from him. Go figure. I'd also like to add that it came with an e-book short story The Stranger by Richard Pett, which I believe they said is not yet in print.

I'm definitely out on the Dec box, but I do wish him well and hope they work out the kinks and get a great box going.

+ Reply to Thread