Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just After Sunset

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then I am sure glad I found my first at Walmart the other morning.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I still need to get a copy of this to read, my signed copy is on a shelf where it will remain in mint condition

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading my copy Jackie. I'm reading it!! I still can't believe I have a book that Stephen King signed for me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone ever see this edition? The seller says the publisher is Simon & Schuster and the language is English, but this is a REALLY different cover!

German Just After Sunset

John

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

pretty interesting John!
    I just sent him an email asking for more detail
    More soon
    Sometimes it helps to speak German!
    Mike

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The ISBNs in the ad are the same as for the US hardcover

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    I'm reading my copy Jackie. I'm reading it!! I still can't believe I have a book that Stephen King signed for me.

you get that roaming bear drunk and you won't have that book for long mister!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rant:
    The cover of the US version sucks in several ways
    • Stickers applied by most retailers leave a noticeable residue. Common cleaning tactics help, but the black color of the DJ always seems to show some residual adhesive, and if not, a slight, but noticeable difference in the cleaned area.
    • The DJ is extremely prone to scuff marks, which cannot be removed.
    • Costco had 50 on sale and half of them had a printing error which resulted in a line running straight down the DJ. Some were on the front, some where on the back, but all were quite prominent.
    • Ordering from Amazon gets you a book with no sticker, but it's packed in the least protective way one could imagine.
    • The cover sucks!
    End of rant

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Rant:
    • Stickers applied by most retailers leave a noticeable residue. Common cleaning tactics help, but the black color of the DJ always seems to show some residual adhesive, and if not, a slight, but noticeable difference in the cleaned area.
    • Costco had 50 on sale and half of them had a printing error which resulted in a line running straight down the DJ. Some were on the front, some where on the back, but all were quite prominent.
    • Ordering from Amazon gets you a book with no sticker, but it's packed in the least protective way one could imagine.
    • The cover sucks!
    End of rant
    With all due respect, I must disagree. As you can see by my avatar, I totally dig this cover. I think it's brilliant. I got my copy from Amazon and it came securely shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard inside a box. So it arrived in mint condition, not a scuff on it. The jacket is virginal, and a marvel to behold. I can stare in it for hours Well, seconds... but it's really fun. Plus I love that deep orange spine and back cover, as well as the flaps. I dunno, I think this is one of the better designed King books ever. I'll be sure to nominate the cover when we do the Best Cover nominations for the Constant Reader Awards.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo, scan your DJ and post the scan here. I would love to see it.
    BTW, I'm not criticizing the graphics, just the nature of the DJ.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have a scanner, sorry. But it's like what you see anywhere: shiny and sleek.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Pablo - I think that cover looks awesome.

I'm planning on picking this up today at Borders

mine came from amazon.com securely shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard and then packed inside a box with two piece of that plastic that is filled with air. in fact, it was so securely shrinkwrapped to the piece of cardboard i had to ponder how to un-shrinkwrap it without damaging the book.

i haven't been by any bookstores or costco to see what their stock looks like yet, though. i'm not going to hold my breath. . . .

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I know there is a prismatic effect on the cover resulting in rainbow colors being seen at a 45° angle, but I speak of simple scuff marks and scratches.

wait. what? what cover is that?

Country
    Country Flag

Nope, not a single scuff on mine. Try exchanging yours with Amazon. Say yours got damaged in transit.

I'm happy I placed that order for the Brodart covers. It'll be fun covering my books.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

No scuff marks on my Amazon collector's copy, but on the copy from Costco, I tried to remove the price sticker and it actually took off a very thin film off the dustjacket!. Good thing it was my reading copy.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my SK signed copy from Odyssey Books yesterday!! No scuffs, etc., and it's going undercover (aka Brodart) shortly!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Rant:
    • The cover sucks!
    End of rant
    Another problem with those stickers stores insist on putting on stuff: When I took the sticker off mine that neat prismatic film/coating peeled off with it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

At least the 30% off sticker Borders used didn't do that. (I peeled it off in the store before I bought the book to make sure!)

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't until a day or so later and I'm not sure I have the reciept still.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if you don't have the receipt, I'd take it back and show them what happened. I'll bet they'll replace it with a good one.

John

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got an email from Borders.

Just After Sunset will be on sale at 50% off the cover price on Friday 11/28/08.

Or, you can go Wednesday if you print this coupon.

http://www.borders.com/online/store/...A_20081125_REW
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the size and look of the sampler.
    Geoff

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got my regular edition from Amazon.com and the effect on the cover was messed up. Parts of the cover had the effects and parts of it didn't. Kinda of stripped I guess you could say.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast