Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just After Sunset

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Just After Sunset

Stephenking.com announced the stories of the upcomming book:

The Gingerbread Girl
    Harvey's Dream
    Rest Stop
    Stationary Bike
    The Things They Left Behind
    Willa
    Graduation Afternoon
    N
    The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates
    Mute
    Ayana
    A Very Tight Place
    The Cat from Hell

Best!
    Last edited by Ari_Racing; 06-07-2008 at 10:18 AM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Plus one possible bonus story to be decided yet. I've asked for clarification about "N," which I've never heard of before.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

N is the confirmed title of the story.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ari and Bev.

"N", huh??? That title alone has me curious.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Courtesy of Liljah's Library.

Lilja: You also have a collection of short stories coming out.

Stephen King: I do.

Lilja: Will it be out this year?

Stephen King: I think it’s gonna come out in…November. We went back and forth about the title. I wanted to call it Unnatural Acts of Human Intercourse.

Lilja: Yeah, I remember reading about that and also Pocket Rockets?

Stephen King: Yeah.

Lilja: Are there usually this many titles flying around?

Stephen King: You know, books with short stories are hard to title unless you name them after one of the stories and when I finally settled on the title I thought, “gee, Unnatural Acts of Human Intercourse, that is a really good title” but they had a shit-fit. [laughs]

Lilja: [laughs] Yeah, I read that the publisher thought they would have a really hard time promoting it.

Stephen King: Yeah, “We can’t sell this, we blah, blah, blah” and I said “Well, look in your dictionary man, intercourse doesn’t even have anything to do with sex”. It’s what we’re doing right now. We’re having a conversation back and forth.

Lilja: Yeah, I liked that title. I was hoping for it but I guess Just Past Sunset is good as well…

Stephen King: Yeah, it’s like Nightshift and Four Past Midnight. It has some of that vibe to it so if they like that, it’s fine.

Lilja: Is it easier to name books that aren’t collections?

Stephen King: Yes! Cause the titles always kinda suggest themselves after a while. The only time I ever had a problem was the vampire book I wanted to call Second Coming and someone said it sounds like a sex manual.

Lilja: [laughs]

Stephen King: So, we ended up calling that one something else.

Lilja: Will all the previously published but uncollected stories be in the collection?

Stephen King: Now, I’m not supposed to talk to you about that very much… I think there’s like 13 stories in the collection, which is a good number of stories for a collection of scary stories.

Most of them are the ones that have been published in magazines but haven’t been collected. There is one story that is brand new that is called N. Just the letter N with a period after it and that’s a long story and you know, you could guess… The long stories like The Gingerbread Girl are gonna be in there and there is one other long one that hasn’t been published yet that’s called A Very Tight Place so those will be kind of the cornerstones and the anchors to it and the other ones … the stories that aren’t going to be in there are the ones that developed into novels, Lisey and the Madman and Memory. They won’t be in there.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone on another thread implied that the story was an exploration of the racial slur dissected so lucidly by Professor Randall Kennedy so many years ago.

If so, then it could make for an intriguing story.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I really hope they produce a S/L edition of this.

The last NEW book that was UNEXPECTED to be turned into a S/L as far as I am concerned was From a Buick 8 back in 2002.

I know what you are thinking...there have been tons of S/Ls since then. Let me explain:

We all knew there was going to be a S/L of DT5, DT6, and DT7 years before they were published.

Additionally, the S/Ls of Green Mile, Salem's Lot, the forthcoming Revised Gunslinger, and Colorado Kid were all books that had been out for years (in some cases a decade or two).

Transgressions, Postscripts 10 and Quietly Now were multi-author compilations.

SoD was just a reprint of previously released material.

What I am saying is that I am looking forward to hearing an announcment about a Signed Limited edition that is solely the work of Stephen King, and does not contain previously released material!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Keeping my fingers crossed! A s/l would be great!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It would seem unlikely to happen, since the book is to be released in 8 months and not a word-officially, has been mentioned.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

See, we are so used to dealing with outfits like Cemetary Dance, that we don't think that 8 months is enough time to produce a book!

Wouldn't it be nice if someone would announce a Signed/Limited Stephen King book, and have it shipping within four months of the announcement?

AND have it ship the same week that the trade edition is released.

Dare to dream!

And, as long as I am dreaming...not bill your credit card until they actually ship the book!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gently wakes tippy from dream

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........wha!?

Damn it Randall....why did you wake me?

I was just coming to the best part of the dream....where the book only costs $250!

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That could happen!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like your dream, Tippy.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We will probably only get a Christmas Gift Edition with facsimile signature on a bookplate from Hodder & Stoughton. Yuuuuk!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ari, you can add 'The Cat from Hell" and 'The New York Times at Special Bargain Rates' to the list.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    Actually "The new york times.." already appeared in my list but not The Cat from hell

Thank you!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I figure the proof for this should be out in August/September. I'll start looking a couple weeks before that.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I thought you might like to see the 3 different versions I have of the UK "Just After Sunset", so far. I am still waiting on the Hodder & Stoughton Limited Edition Collector's Edition.

UK Hardback - UK Paperback - UK Sampler (All by H&S)

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I thought you might like to see the 3 different versions I have of the UK "Just After Sunset", so far. I am still waiting on the Hodder & Stoughton Limited Edition Collector's Edition.

UK Hardback - UK Paperback - UK Sampler (All by H&S)

Where did you get the covers for the paperback versions?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    This is covered in another thread somewhere, but I get them from DM Packaging in the UK. You can get them locally in the USA. I cover all my paperbacks and proofs with them. They come in hundreds of sizes.

http://www.care4books.com/packaging/...at&pid=4&cid=1

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    This is covered in another thread somewhere, but I get them from DM Packaging in the UK. You can get them locally in the USA. I cover all my paperbacks and proofs with them. They come in hundreds of sizes.

http://www.care4books.com/packaging/...at&pid=4&cid=1
    Thanks.

Looking for the thread now.

I've always covered my HB's with archival Brodarts but could never find anything satisfactory for proofs, paperbacks, etc.

Thanks again.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe someone should add this info under the Covering your books thread in the Collecting Tutorials. Again, some really good information!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Maybe someone should add this info under the Covering your books thread in the Collecting Tutorials. Again, some really good information!

John
    It's already there John. I remember posting it.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

According to Ric, who posted at the Forums at StephenKingCollector.com, he went to Walmart and all they had were second printings already! Amazing!

John

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast