Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2018

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You need to watch Nosferatu! I wish I could take the month off and just watch horror films and shows non-stop
    I was thinking the other day that I need to get around to seeing Nosferatu at some point. There are so many classics I've yet to watch.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Easy:

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do I smell a group Nosferatu watch/discussion?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I feel like my Halloween movie watching has gotten off to a good start this year.
    So far, I've watched The Nun, The Final Girls, Lights Out, Sinister, Frankenstein, and Winchester.

As far as "new" movies, I still plan on watching The Conjuring: The Last Key, Halloween (2018 ), and The Visit.
    You're killing it, Amanda.

But I'm kind of jealous that you get to watch all these horror movies for the first time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Do I smell a group Nosferatu watch/discussion?
    That might just be a great idea, Ricky.

I feel like my Halloween movie watching has gotten off to a good start this year.
    So far, I've watched The Nun, The Final Girls, Lights Out, Sinister, Frankenstein, and Winchester.

As far as "new" movies, I still plan on watching The Conjuring: The Last Key, Halloween (2018 ), and The Visit.
    You're killing it, Amanda.

But I'm kind of jealous that you get to watch all these horror movies for the first time.
    Yeah, I can understand that. I am pretty lucky that I'm so far behind on "new" horror flicks.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So to update my list I've also watched Hereditary (So good! I posted my thoughts in the other thread)
    The Lodgers which I came across on Netflix. Has anyone seen this one yet? I enjoyed it. Nothing special, but it was a good atmospheric ghost story.
    The Haunting (1963) Just finished reading the book so wanted to go back and re-watch this one since it's been years.

Amanda what did you think of Winchester? I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going to see it this Saturday night:

Country
    Country Flag

I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.
    Me too. I thought that's what it was going to be (but with a horror spin) and was disappointed that it was so forgettable. I mean, all the cool directions they could've taken it (and didn't) made me sad. I wish they would've done more with the house too. I'd like to go see it in person.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.
    Me too. I thought that's what it was going to be (but with a horror spin) and was disappointed that it was so forgettable. I mean, all the cool directions they could've taken it (and didn't) made me sad. I wish they would've done more with the house too. I'd like to go see it in person.
    It's definitely worth a visit. I was expecting this large house set on this amazing estate, but the grounds are actually very tiny, and I remember a shopping plaza being right on the other side of the fence The house itself was pretty interesting though, and I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to live there.

Amanda what did you think of Winchester? I actually watched that one recently, but coudn't get into it at all. Really wish it was more of a dramatic film focused on Sarah Winchester. I think I would have enjoyed that immensely more.
    You know, I didn't expect a lot going in because I really didn't know too much of Sarah Winchester's story. So I enjoyed it just a a spooky, fun movie to watch during Halloween. I will say that, even though I thought it was okay,
    Spoiler:
    there were some cheesy aspects to it, such as the spirits guiding him near the end of the movie. I thought that was kind of corny.

I can see how it could have been a lot better had they focused more on her story. There's a lot left to tell and I think I'd be pretty interested to read up more about her and the house.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Going to see it this Saturday night:

Oooh! I'm jealous!

I didn't click the video though because I don't think I want to hear any opinions of it until I see it.

Same here. I'm dying to see it, hopefully sometime this weekend but not sure I'll have time.

Country
    Country Flag

It's definitely worth a visit. I was expecting this large house set on this amazing estate, but the grounds are actually very tiny, and I remember a shopping plaza being right on the other side of the fence The house itself was pretty interesting though, and I can't even begin to imagine what it was like to live there.
    You went to the house? I'm jealous! Did you do a guided tour kind of thing?

And that's pretty interesting that the grounds are actually small. I guess it wasn't like that when it was being built and people started buying up and developing the land around it.

There's a lot left to tell and I think I'd be pretty interested to read up more about her and the house.
    I wanted to read up on her and the house after I saw the movie and was surprised to find there's barely any books out there. I think I found three (one was out of print, one was REALLY short, and one was a scholarly/research-y kind of thing), so I was disappointed. I find it fascinating that there's only one (I think?) known picture of her.

I don't think I want to hear any opinions of it until I see it.
    Me either! I'm going to try not to read any reviews, spoilers or non-spoilers.

Also, I watched Lake Mungo today. It was a pretty interesting take on the documentary/paranormal route, though kind of slow (but not boring). Much more a story of suffering and grief than the scarefest I thought it would be.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

That's so neat that you visited it, Heather! Did you get to actually "explore" the house itself and everything?

There's a lot left to tell and I think I'd be pretty interested to read up more about her and the house.
    I wanted to read up on her and the house after I saw the movie and was surprised to find there's barely any books out there. I think I found three (one was out of print, one was REALLY short, and one was a scholarly/research-y kind of thing), so I was disappointed. I find it fascinating that there's only one (I think?) known picture of her.
    Aw, what? Boo. It would be very fun to learn more about her.

So I added The Visit and Annabelle to my 2018 watch-list this past weekend. I enjoyed both of them but have to say that Annabelle creeped me out way more than I expected going in. I was a bit skeptical about watching a movie that centered around a doll (I expected a lot of cheesy scenes), but I liked how it was focused more on the evil energy within the doll. That made it way scarier, in my opinion.

So I had a Halloween filled weekend. Friday night this historic village nearby was hosting a talk by a local paranormal group. They did several investigations of the buildings recently so they showed their findings. Then Saturday we headed out to Salem for the day. We went to this horror monster museum, it was similar to a wax museum, but only contained horror movie monsters or villains. But they were phenomenal and so realistic looking. They even had a wall of faces, and Stephen King was one of them We got to meet Tony Moran who played the "face" of Michael Myers in the original Halloween. And then lastly, yesterday we had our family pumpkin carve off and finished the night with a trip to see the new Halloween movie

Heather, that sounds like an epic weekend!
    Were you able to take any pictures at the museum?

No, unfortunately they wouldn't allow photos and seemed pretty strict about it. I was dying to though.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    So I had a Halloween filled weekend. Friday night this historic village nearby was hosting a talk by a local paranormal group. They did several investigations of the buildings recently so they showed their findings. Then Saturday we headed out to Salem for the day. We went to this horror monster museum, it was similar to a wax museum, but only contained horror movie monsters or villains. But they were phenomenal and so realistic looking. They even had a wall of faces, and Stephen King was one of them We got to meet Tony Moran who played the "face" of Michael Myers in the original Halloween. And then lastly, yesterday we had our family pumpkin carve off and finished the night with a trip to see the new Halloween movie
    That sounds like the perfect weekend! It's too much awesome to even comment on.

And no pictures were allowed at all in the Winchester house? That's disappointing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I know, it was Halloween overload And I do have pictures of the Winchester House, but this was back pre digital camera days. The monster museum we weren't allowed to take photos in though. Which is a shame because it was pretty awesome. Also made a stop by the House of Seven Gables while we were out there.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, okay. I misread and thought you guys were referencing Winchester house pics., not the monster museum.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Has anyone watched Eli Roth's History of Horror on AMC? I watched one of the episodes last night and enjoyed it.

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the Zombie episode so far. Next one I have on the DVR is the Slashers one. I'm pretty pumped for it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Denbrough View Post
    I watched the Zombie episode so far. Next one I have on the DVR is the Slashers one. I'm pretty pumped for it.
    The slasher eps were good. Ironically they show a bunch of the kills that AMC edits when they air the flicks themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Harry The Hunter View Post
    Has anyone watched Eli Roth's History of Horror on AMC? I watched one of the episodes last night and enjoyed it.
    Yes, I'm really enjoying it. The slasher ones are really good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast