Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2019 Oscar Discussion/Contest Thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Early take: Won't You Be My Neighbor? takes it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Early take: Won't You Be My Neighbor? takes it.
    One of the few locks, I think.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/os...gs-1202025051/
    The Academy’s Visual Effects Branch Executive Committee voted on its preliminary list of 20, and, along with frontrunners “First Man,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” and “Ready Player One,” it included two surprise animated entries: Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” and Wes Anderson’s stop-motion “Isle of Dogs.” The last animated VFX nominee was Laika’s stop motion “Kubo and the Two Strings.” This Pixar entry marks the first time a CG animated feature has made it this far in the VFX race.

Marvel’s Best Picture contender “Black Panther” also made the cut along with “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” and “Mary Poppins Returns.” However, Andy Serkis’ performance-captured “Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle,” picked up by Netflix, didn’t make the cut. Superhero movies “Deadpool 2” and “Venom” were also shut out.

Later this month, the committee will whittle it down to 10 films (announced on December 17th), which will compete at the annual bakeoff.

The films are listed below in alphabetical order:

“Ant-Man and the Wasp”
    “Aquaman”
    “Avengers: Infinity War”
    “Black Panther”
    “Bumblebee”
    “Christopher Robin”
    “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”
    “First Man”
    “Incredibles 2”
    “Isle of Dogs”
    “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”
    “Mary Poppins Returns”
    “Mission: Impossible – Fallout”
    “Mortal Engines”
    “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”
    “Paddington 2”
    “A Quiet Place”
    “Ready Player One”
    “Solo: A Star Wars Story”
    “Welcome to Marwen”

Nominations will be announced on Tuesday, January 22, 2019. The 91st Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2019, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network.
    If I were to guess, the five eventual nominees would be:
    • Aquaman
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • Christopher Robin
    • First Man
    • Mission: Impossible – Fallout

I'll say Aquaman takes it. Those underwater shots look stunning and beautiful.

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/os...gs-1202025051/
    The Academy’s Visual Effects Branch Executive Committee voted on its preliminary list of 20, and, along with frontrunners “First Man,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” and “Ready Player One,” it included two surprise animated entries: Pixar’s “Incredibles 2” and Wes Anderson’s stop-motion “Isle of Dogs.” The last animated VFX nominee was Laika’s stop motion “Kubo and the Two Strings.” This Pixar entry marks the first time a CG animated feature has made it this far in the VFX race.

Marvel’s Best Picture contender “Black Panther” also made the cut along with “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” and “Mary Poppins Returns.” However, Andy Serkis’ performance-captured “Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle,” picked up by Netflix, didn’t make the cut. Superhero movies “Deadpool 2” and “Venom” were also shut out.

Later this month, the committee will whittle it down to 10 films (announced on December 17th), which will compete at the annual bakeoff.

The films are listed below in alphabetical order:

“Ant-Man and the Wasp”
    “Aquaman”
    “Avengers: Infinity War”
    “Black Panther”
    “Bumblebee”
    “Christopher Robin”
    “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”
    “First Man”
    “Incredibles 2”
    “Isle of Dogs”
    “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”
    “Mary Poppins Returns”
    “Mission: Impossible – Fallout”
    “Mortal Engines”
    “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”
    “Paddington 2”
    “A Quiet Place”
    “Ready Player One”
    “Solo: A Star Wars Story”
    “Welcome to Marwen”

Nominations will be announced on Tuesday, January 22, 2019. The 91st Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2019, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network.
    If I were to guess, the five eventual nominees would be:
    • Aquaman
    • Christopher Robin
    • First Man
    • Mission: Impossible – Fallout

I'll say Aquaman takes it. Those underwater shots look stunning and beautiful.
    I think you might be spot on there. I will say that Mortal Engines is a dark horse. It has Jackson's name attached, so I wouldn't be surprised if they throw that film a bone just because of past work with LoTR.

Country
    Country Flag

The trailer did not impress me at all, sorry to say. Looks way too generic and drab. Ready Player One might be another one, though. Or Marry Poppins Returns even.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The trailer did not impress me at all, sorry to say. Looks way too generic and drab. Ready Player One might be another one, though. Or Marry Poppins Returns even.
    Yeah, there's something missing, I agree. Hollywood is having some major issues recently with high concept Sci-fi, see Jupiter Ascending and Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

You might be right about Ready Player one for the same reasons why I mentioned that Mortal Engines might get a nomination.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...ations/577486/
    The Golden Globes—Hollywood’s annual Oscar-adjacent celebration of the beginning of awards season—announced their nominees Thursday morning with a predictable showering of love on films like A Star Is Born, The Favourite, Green Book, and Vice. The television nominations held a few more surprises as the members of the 90-odd Hollywood Foreign Press Association did their best to hack through the thicket of peak TV. But in both mediums, the Globes’ ultimate consideration has always been superstardom, and most categories were thus laden with famous names and blockbuster hits.

The Globes divide their awards into “comedy or musical” and drama, but a couple of ostensible musicals (A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody) competed as dramas, while some of the leading comedies (Vice, Green Book, and The Favourite) are centered on dark and dramatic themes. Either way, most of the expected Oscar contenders were featured in one category or another, with the biggest snubs being acclaimed indie dramas like First Reformed, box-office disappointments like First Man, and Steve McQueen’s heist thriller Widows.

In television, the Globes largely fêted streaming television and cable heavyweights like FX and HBO. Top nominees included the final season of The Americans, the Ryan Murphy shows American Crime Story and Pose, Netflix’s recent hits Bodyguard and The Kominsky Method, and Amazon’s Homecoming and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The Globes often suffer from “shiny new toy” syndrome, lavishing nominations on new shows and forgetting past winners. Just as important is spotlighting big stars who can attend the January 6 ceremony, which will air on NBC at 8 p.m. EST and be hosted by Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg.

In that regard, the TV categories were just as glitzy as the film ones. Julia Roberts, Jim Carrey, Michael Douglas, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Candice Bergen were among the television nominees, further proof that whatever wall once existed between the two mediums has all but vanished. Still, at the Globes, the movie awards are the main event, since they attempt to function as a preview for the coming Oscars (in television, the prime award remains the summer’s Emmy trophy).

The big contenders, then, include Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney biopic Vice, which topped the field with six nominations despite still being embargoed for reviews; Bradley Cooper’s A Star Is Born, which has been a box-office sensation and cemented its Oscar-frontrunner status here; the dark royal comedy The Favourite, which nabbed acting nominations for all three of its female stars; and the crowd-pleasing race-relations comedy Green Book. Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman, a surprise summer hit, also had a good showing with four nominations, as did Disney’s upcoming Mary Poppins Returns.

Alfonso Cuarón’s Roma, Netflix’s big awards player this year, was confined to the Foreign-Language Film category but also secured Best Director and Screenplay nominations. If Beale Street Could Talk, Barry Jenkins’s follow-up to the Oscar-winning Moonlight, was nominated for Best Picture, Best Screenplay, and Best Supporting Actress—a strong impression for a film that takes a subtler approach than some of the Globes’ big favorites. Perhaps the most baffling snub was of Sam Elliott, the dynamite supporting actor of A Star Is Born, who has been tipped for Oscar success. But the Globes have never synced up every category to the Academy Awards, and many other looming precursors—guild nominations, critics’ awards—will soon offer their own predictions.

The full list of nominees:

Best Picture, Drama
    Black Panther
    BlacKkKlansman
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    If Beale Street Could Talk
    A Star Is Born

Best Actor, Drama
    Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
    Willem Dafoe, At Eternity’s Gate
    Lucas Hedges, Boy Erased
    Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
    John David Washington, BlacKkKlansman

Best Actress, Drama
    Glenn Close, The Wife
    Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born
    Nicole Kidman, Destroyer
    Melissa McCarthy, Can You Ever Forgive Me?
    Rosamund Pike, A Private War

Best Picture, Musical or Comedy
    Crazy Rich Asians
    The Favourite
    Green Book
    Mary Poppins Returns
    Vice

Best Actor, Musical or Comedy
    Christian Bale, Vice
    Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mary Poppins Returns
    Viggo Mortensen, Green Book
    Robert Redford, The Old Man & the Gun
    John C. Reilly, Stan & Ollie

Best Actress, Musical or Comedy
    Emily Blunt, Mary Poppins Returns
    Olivia Colman, The Favourite
    Elsie Fisher, Eighth Grade
    Charlize Theron, Tully
    Constance Wu, Crazy Rich Asians

Best Supporting Actor
    Mahershala Ali, Green Book
    Timothée Chalamet, Beautiful Boy
    Adam Driver, BlacKkKlansman
    Richard E. Grant, Can You Ever Forgive Me?
    Sam Rockwell, Vice

Best Supporting Actress
    Amy Adams, Vice
    Claire Foy, First Man
    Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk
    Emma Stone, The Favourite
    Rachel Weisz, The Favourite

Best Director
    Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
    Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
    Peter Farrelly, Green Book
    Spike Lee, BlacKkKlansman
    Adam McKay, Vice

Best Screenplay
    Alfonso Cuarón, Roma
    Tony McNamara, Deborah Davis, The Favourite
    Barry Jenkins, If Beale Street Could Talk
    Adam McKay, Vice
    Peter Farrelly, Nick Vallelonga, Brian Currie, Green Book

Best Original Score
    Marco Beltrami, A Quiet Place
    Alexandre Desplat, Isle of Dogs
    Ludwig Göransson, Black Panther
    Justin Hurwitz, First Man
    Marc Shaiman, Mary Poppins Returns

Best Original Song
    “All The Stars,” Black Panther
    “Girl in the Movies,” Dumplin’
    “Requiem for a Private War,” A Private War
    “Revelation,” Boy Erased
    “Shallow,” A Star Is Born

Best Foreign Language Film
    Capernaum, Lebanon
    Girl, Belgium
    Never Look Away, Germany
    Roma, Mexico
    Shoplifters, Japan

Best Animated Film
    Incredibles 2
    Isle of Dogs
    Mirai
    Ralph Breaks the Internet
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know nobody really takes the Golden Globes seriously, but I think their nominations for film are a mess. I enjoyed Black Panther, but it's not BP worthy.

No Sam Elliott for Star is Born? Come on. I knew they would forget about Toni Collette for Hereditary. I'm hoping the Academy doesn't do the same.

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So...Kevin Hart is out already. What in the world? When are people going to realize that anything you type online can come back to haunt you?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So...Kevin Hart is out already. What in the world? When are people going to realize that anything you type online can come back to haunt you?
    Hopefully people are going to realize they can't just be dicks. It doesn't work out well.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully. I'm waiting for all the people to come out and complain about everything being too PC. No. You made insensitive and inappropriate comments for the world to see, and now you live with the consequences. That's it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. He actually said "if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will". If that's not homophobic, I don't know what is. Being gay is not something you can "prevent". Even if it was eight years ago or whatever, he could've reacted differently. GLAAD made a very well stated response:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ophobic-tweets
    "Kevin Hart shouldn’t have stepped down; he should have stepped up," GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement.

"Hart's apology to LGBTQ people is an important step forward, but he missed a real opportunity to use his platform and the Oscars stage to build unity and awareness. We would still welcome that conversation with him," Ellis continued.

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...tlists-1168394
    The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Monday unveiled the shortlists for nine Oscar categories, which effectively pares down the list of awards hopefuls from which Academy members will chose nominees in each of the categories. It is the first time that the Academy has released all of its shortlists on the same day. And it gave some films a boost, while others — particularly in the documentary feature and foreign-language film categories — were left by the wayside.

As expected, Alfonso Cuaron's Roma, Mexico's submission for best foreign-language film, secured a spot in that category, where it will compete against such other films as Pawel Pawlikowski's Cold War, the Polish entry.

Mary Poppins Returns showed it could be an Oscar force, appearing on the score and visual effects shortlists as well as taking two slots on the best original song shortlist, where "The Place Where Lost Things Go" and "Trip a Little Light Fantastic" both made the cut.

The Oscar nominees will be unveiled Jan. 22, while the 91st Annual Academy Awards ceremony is set for Sunday, Feb. 24, and will air live on ABC.

A full list of the shortlists follows.

Best Documentary Feature

Fifteen films will advance in the Documentary Feature category for the 91st Academy Awards. One hundred sixty-six films were originally submitted in the category. Members of the Documentary Branch vote to determine the shortlist and the nominees.
    • Charm City
    • Communion
    • Crime + Punishment
    • Dark Money
    • The Distant Barking of Dogs
    • Free Solo
    • Hale County This Morning, This Evening
    • Minding the Gap
    • Of Fathers and Sons
    • On Her Shoulders
    • RBG
    • Shirkers
    • The Silence of Others
    • Three Identical Strangers
    • Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Best Documentary Short

Ten films will advance in the Documentary Short Subject category for the 91st Academy Awards. One hundred four films had originally qualified in the category. Members of the Documentary Branch vote to determine the shortlist and the nominees.
    • Black Sheep
    • End Game
    • Lifeboat
    • Los Comandos
    • My Dead Dad’s Porno Tapes
    • A Night at the Garden
    • Period. End of Sentence.
    • ’63 Boycott
    • Women of the Gulag
    • Zion

Best Foreign-Language Film

Nine films will advance to the next round of voting in the Foreign Language Film category for the 91st Academy Awards. Eighty-seven films had originally been considered in the category.

Los Angeles-based Academy members from all branches screened the original submissions in the category between mid-October and Dec. 10. The group’s top six choices, augmented by three additional selections voted by the Academy’s Foreign Language Film Award Executive Committee, constitute the shortlist. Academy members eligible to participate in the nominations round of voting will view the shortlisted films. Members must see all nine films before casting their ballots.
    • Colombia, Birds of Passage
    • Denmark, The Guilty
    • Germany, Never Look Away
    • Japan, Shoplifters
    • Kazakhstan, Ayka
    • Lebanon, Capernaum
    • Mexico, Roma
    • Poland, Cold War
    • South Korea, Burning

Best Makeup and Hairstyling

Seven films will advance in the Makeup and Hairstyling category for the 91st Academy Awards. All members of the Academy’s Makeup Artists and Hairstylists Branch will be invited to view 10-minute excerpts from each of the seven shortlisted films on Saturday, Jan. 5. Members will vote to nominate three films for final Oscar consideration.
    • Black Panther
    • Bohemian Rhapsody
    • Border
    • Mary Queen of Scots
    • Stan & Ollie
    • Suspiria
    • Vice

Best Original Score

Fifteen scores will advance in the Original Score category for the 91st Academy Awards. One hundred fifty-six scores were eligible in the category. Members of the Music Branch vote to determine the shortlist and the nominees.
    • Annihilation
    • The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    • Black Panther
    • BlacKkKlansman
    • Crazy Rich Asians
    • The Death of Stalin
    • Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
    • First Man
    • If Beale Street Could Talk
    • Isle of Dogs
    • Mary Poppins Returns
    • A Quiet Place
    • Ready Player One
    • Vice

Best Original Song

Fifteen songs will advance in the Original Song category for the 91st Academy Awards. Ninety songs were eligible in the category. Members of the Music Branch vote to determine the shortlist and the nominees.
    • “When a Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings” from The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
    • “Treasure” from Beautiful Boy
    • “All the Stars” from Black Panther
    • “Revelation” from Boy Erased
    • “Girl in the Movies” from Dumplin'
    • “We Won’t Move” from The Hate U Give
    • “The Place Where Lost Things Go” from Mary Poppins Returns
    • “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” from Mary Poppins Returns
    • “Keep Reachin’” from Quincy
    • “I’ll Fight” from RBG
    • “A Place Called Slaughter Race” from Ralph Breaks the Internet
    • “OYAHYTT” from Sorry to Bother You
    • “Shallow” from A Star Is Born
    • “Suspirium” from Suspiria
    • “The Big Unknown” from Widows

Best Animated Short

Ten films will advance in the Animated Short Film category for the 91st Academy Awards. Eighty-one films had originally qualified in the category. Members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch vote to determine the shortlist and the nominees.
    • Age of Sail
    • Animal Behaviour
    • Bao
    • Bilby
    • Bird Karma
    • Late Afternoon
    • Lost & Found
    • One Small Step
    • Pepe le Morse
    • Weekends

Best Live-Action Short

Ten films will advance in the Live Action Short Film category for the 91st Academy Awards. One hundred forty films had originally qualified in the category. Members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch vote to determine the shortlist and the nominees.
    • Caroline
    • Chuchotage
    • Detainment
    • Fauve
    • Icare
    • Marguerite
    • May Day
    • Mother
    • Skin
    • Wale

Best Visual Effects

Ten films remain in the running in the Visual Effects category for the 91st Academy Awards. The Visual Effects Branch Executive Committee determined the shortlist. All members of the Visual Effects Branch will be invited to view 10-minute excerpts from each of the shortlisted films on Saturday, Jan. 5. Following the screenings, members will vote to nominate five films for final Oscar consideration.
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp
    • Black Panther
    • Christopher Robin
    • First Man
    • Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
    • Mary Poppins Returns
    • Ready Player One
    • Solo: A Star Wars Story
    • Welcome to Marwen
    A few surprises here for me, with Aquaman being looked over for effects and especially the foreign shortlist, which came out close to mine but has some weird omissions (no Sunset or The Cakemaker, but a little-known film from Kazakhstan, really?). Well, I still guessed six of the nine (seven if you count my honorable mentions)... Also, why no "I'll Never Love Again" from A Star Is Born for Best Song? That is a stunning song!

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this, but so be it.

I watched Roma over the weekend and while I liked it, I'm not seeing where all the praise is coming from. I love Cuaron. Children of Men is one of my favorite films of the past 20 years. You can see how close to the subject material Cuaron was with Roma. That being said, I feel like it's being a tad overrated.

I get it. It's a "day in the life film" where we follow a woman who is often marginalized by society. I just wasn't blown away, which might have been because of all the hype, but part of the problem for me is I never felt that attached to the main character.

She feels like a bystander, which is essentially the point of the film, I get that, but I would have liked to have seen why the children love her so much. We never really get that. She has a few interactions with the children (the scene on the roof) but that's not enough to make me feel like she is an essential part of the family.

I'm sure I'm going to be fighting this battle until Oscar night and probably long after. Good film, not one of the best of the year in my opinion.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be watching Roma with my friend this weekend. There are a lot of 2018 movies I've yet to see and I want to see, and I've seen more movies in theatres this year than I usually seen.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I literally just became aware Roma existed like a month or so ago. I like Cuaron's work, will try and catch it this weekend.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, same here. Of course I don't follow what's coming out at all. Even on Fantasy movie league about 35% of the movies that appear on the slate I never heard of until it appeared. Unless it's a big blockbuster or something that people have talked about for a long time, I don't know it exists. Especially since I rarely watch television and I purposely go into movies a few minutes after showtime to avoid trailers.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yeah, same here. Of course I don't follow what's coming out at all. Even on Fantasy movie league about 35% of the movies that appear on the slate I never heard of until it appeared. Unless it's a big blockbuster or something that people have talked about for a long time, I don't know it exists. Especially since I rarely watch television and I purposely go into movies a few minutes after showtime to avoid trailers.
    We talk about so much stuff here I'm surprised you aren't more aware of some of it.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree quite a few of the films they mentioned. In fact, a couple of them made my underrated list.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast