+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian861's Sprayed Edges, etc.

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Brian861's Sprayed Edges, etc.

When I received my copy of Joe Hill's The Fireman from Goldsboro Books with sprayed edges, I thought, "Man, how cool is this"! So I decided I'd start with them and collect their sprayed edge editions.

With my first order, I requested that they assign me a number moving forward and try to match the older copies to the best of their ability. They either ignored this request or simply can't do it. Not a deal breaker either way but the OCD in me thought it'd be a nice bonus.

I collect some comics as well so I might post those at some point.

"Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always heard it called top-staining (or edge-staining) but whatever you call it, I love it.
    God bless Poland.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love it too. Just looks so nice!

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I love these too. Very nice collection, Brian.

I think Waterstones have done a few sprayed edge editions as well - King's Revival and Barker's The Scarlet Gospels come to mind.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome stuff Brian! Im a huge fan of sprayed edges myself! Actually just got a copy of Darksoul by Anna Stephens - such amazing dust jacket design paired with sprayed edges.
    Looking To Buy Subterranean Press lettereds:

Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V
    Scalzi Old Mans War set
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O
    Shadow Twin by GRRM
    Earthling Press Song of Kali

My Book Collection

Great Old One Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861 has a reputation beyond repute Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I've always heard it called top-staining (or edge-staining) but whatever you call it, I love it.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I love it too. Just looks so nice!
    Thanks, Dez! I don't need things like this to catch my eye lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I love these too. Very nice collection, Brian.

I think Waterstones have done a few sprayed edge editions as well - King's Revival and Barker's The Scarlet Gospels come to mind.
    Thanks, Peter! I had that Revival at one time before I had to gut my collection. Hopefully I'll get it back at some point. Thanks for the suggestion of The Scarlet Gospels. I'll have to add it to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Awesome stuff Brian! Im a huge fan of sprayed edges myself! Actually just got a copy of Darksoul by Anna Stephens - such amazing dust jacket design paired with sprayed edges.
    Thanks! I have that one my on list of gets as well.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Servant of Gan Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I believe Goldsboro only offers to match numbers or take requests during preorders. After that they just ship out what they have.

Servant of Gan Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack is a splendid one to behold Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Brian, this is the Scarlet Gospels edition I was talking about. I've no idea if this is a good price for it, though. It is signed.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I believe Goldsboro only offers to match numbers or take requests during preorders. After that they just ship out what they have.
    That makes sense, Joe. I guess they wouldn't take the time to search their back stock to match what they could for me.

Brian, this is the Scarlet Gospels edition I was talking about. I've no idea if this is a good price for it, though. It is signed.
    Wow! That is a beauty book! Not a Barker fan but this little side collection isn't about that. Purely superficial lol. I'll definitely add it to my list. Thanks, Peter!

Folio has some sprayed edge editions as well but they are a bit more pricy than GB.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recently picked up this one without realizing it has sprayed edges until it arrived. It's a UK signed/numbered of 500 of Blake Crouch's Dark Matter. So I thought I'd share!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the share, Dez! I'll add it to my list.

Edit: Where did ya purchase it from?

Ooh, that's VERY nice, Dez.

Brian, there's also a sprayed edge edition of The Labyrinth of Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, from Waterstones UK.

HBJ

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, that's VERY nice, Dez.

Brian, there's also a sprayed edge edition of The Labyrinth of Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, from Waterstones UK.

HBJ
    Thanks, Peter! I'll add it to the list.

Servant of Gan Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice Joe315 is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Brian,

I have some books I am planning on selling and some have sprayed edges from Goldsboro. I’ll post a list when I’m home and if you are inteterested in any let me know.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Hey Brian,

I have some books I am planning on selling and some have sprayed edges from Goldsboro. I’ll post a list when I’m home and if you are inteterested in any let me know.
    Sure, Joe. That would be great! PM me if you like with the list. Thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Thanks for the share, Dez! I'll add it to my list.

Edit: Where did ya purchase it from?

I got it on eBay. I was searching for Blake Crouch signed books, and this one came up. Since it came signed from the publisher, I didn't have to worry whether it was real (his signature is VERY simple). There was no mention of the edges though.

Country
    Country Flag

In case anyone is interested here is a list of ones I know of: (I typed this up before reviewing Brian's pictures above so there are some duplicates.)

A Vision of Fire - Gillian Anderson (x of 500)
    The Widow - Fiona Barton (x of 700) in slipcase
    Iron Gold - Pierce Brown (x of 500) Red Edges. I think Waterstones did a black edged one
    The Twelve and City of Mirrors - Justin Cronin (x of 500)
    Red Moon - Benjamin Percy (x of 250)
    Caraval - Stephanie Garber (x of 250) Not sure if this was GB or publisher decision for the edges.
    How to Stop Time - Matt Haig (x of 600)
    Suicide Club - Rachel Heng (x of 250)
    Good Me Bad Me - Ali Land (x of 1000)
    The House - Simon Lelic (x of 700)
    The Wolf Road - Beth Lewis (x of 750)
    The Innocent Wife - Amy Lloyd (x of 750)
    You Don't Know Me - Imran Mahmood (x of 750)
    Sleeping Giants, Waking Gods, and Only Human - Sylvain Neuvel (x of 750, 500, 500)
    Defender and The Hunted - GX Todd (x of 700, 250)
    Zodiac - Sam Wilson (x of 750)
    Sorcerer to the Crown - Zen Cho (x of 250)
    Nevernight and Godsgrave - Jay Kristoff (x of 250(?))
    Early One Morning - Virginia Bailey (x/500)
    Godblind - Anna Stephens (x/750)
    The Map of Salt & Stars - Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar (x/700)
    The Music Shop - Rachel Joyce (x/600)
    Smiler's Fair and The Hunter's Kind - Rebecca Levene (x/500, x/250)
    Infernal - Mark De Jager (x/600)

Wow, thanks Joe! That's a great list.

(And curses, because now there are a bunch more books I want to buy. I don't go out of my way to get sprayed edged books, but if one is released for a book/author I will buy anyway, I tend to want the sprayed edged edition. And there are a few in that list!)

ETA: My Waterstones sprayed-edge The Labyrinth of Spirits arrived today. Woo-Hoo!

HBJ

Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Country
    Country Flag

You’re welcome. There are more I just can’t remember them all.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks again, Dez, Peter, and Joe! You guys are going to spray me straight into the poorhouse lol.

Rabid Billybumbler St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy has much to be proud of St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see if you people are serious. How do you feel about...gauffered edges?

https://www.google.com/search?q=gauf...w=1440&bih=768
    God bless Poland.

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure that I'm too crazy about that lol.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love this and fore edge painting!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fore...=1158&bih=1197
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Can Toi Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy has a brilliant future Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin' Pie View Post

Love this and fore edge painting!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=fore...=1158&bih=1197
    Looks very hard to do. Possibly fell out of favor because of it's difficulty. It works really well on some but gold on book pages (even when it's real) always looks cheap to me. I do like the idea but haven't seen any that really blew me away. A modern one could be pretty sweet though. If done right.

Country
    Country Flag

Here is another sprayed edged book I have. This one isn't from Goldsboro, rather it was created for indie bookstores in the UK. Not sure how many were produced.

Bird Box - Josh Malerman (Signed on opaque tipped in page).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast