Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Twilight Zone

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I thought the first episode was okay, but a little on the long side. It could easily have been compressed. I also thought it would have been better if the comedian had truly become funny at some point.
    Agreed. He wasn't funny at all.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...newed-season-2
    Jordan Peele’s The Twilight Zone has been renewed for a second season at CBS All Access following the initial release of the first five episodes of the anthology’s first season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

“Jordan Peele and Simon Kinberg’s reimagining of The Twilight Zone is off to an amazing start on CBS All Access, driving the most viewers on its premiere day for an original series to date. Jordan, Simon, the creative team and cast have done a phenomenal job translating the series’ legacy of socially conscious storytelling for modern-day audiences. They are master storytellers, and we look forward to bringing fans further into The Twilight Zone with a second season,” said Julie McNamara, executive VP of original content for CBS All Access.

Oscar winner Jordan Peele’s reimaging of the classic sci-fi/horror anthology features an ensemble cast that consists of Peele (Get Out) as the host, Seth Rogen (Invincible) Greg Kinnear (Brigsby Bear), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick), John Cho (Searching), Ike Barinholtz (Blockers), Taissa Farmiga (The Nun), Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), Luke Kirby (Glass), Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy), Adam Scott (Ghosted), Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul), Alison Tolman (Fargo), Jacob Tremblay (The Predator), Jessica Williams (The Incredible Jessica James), DeWanda Wise (She’s Gotta Have It), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2, Joker), Betty Gabriel (Get Out), Percy Hynes White (Gifted), James Frain (True Blood), Tracy Morgan, Seth Rogen (Long Shot), Chris Dowd (Bridesmaids), and Amy Landecker (Transparent).

The original The Twilight Zone took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. Created by Rod Serling, it was a journey into a wondrous land of imagination for five years on CBS, from 1959-1964. The godfather of sci-fi series, the show explored humanity’s hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama could not.

The new Twilight Zone series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films. Jordan Peele, Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez serve as executive producers for the series and collaborated on the premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon also serve as executive producers.

Season 1 of The Twilight Zone is currently streaming on CBS All Access with new episodes released every Thursday.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...newed-season-2
    Jordan Peele’s The Twilight Zone has been renewed for a second season at CBS All Access following the initial release of the first five episodes of the anthology’s first season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

“Jordan Peele and Simon Kinberg’s reimagining of The Twilight Zone is off to an amazing start on CBS All Access, driving the most viewers on its premiere day for an original series to date. Jordan, Simon, the creative team and cast have done a phenomenal job translating the series’ legacy of socially conscious storytelling for modern-day audiences. They are master storytellers, and we look forward to bringing fans further into The Twilight Zone with a second season,” said Julie McNamara, executive VP of original content for CBS All Access.

Oscar winner Jordan Peele’s reimaging of the classic sci-fi/horror anthology features an ensemble cast that consists of Peele (Get Out) as the host, Seth Rogen (Invincible) Greg Kinnear (Brigsby Bear), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick), John Cho (Searching), Ike Barinholtz (Blockers), Taissa Farmiga (The Nun), Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), Luke Kirby (Glass), Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy), Adam Scott (Ghosted), Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul), Alison Tolman (Fargo), Jacob Tremblay (The Predator), Jessica Williams (The Incredible Jessica James), DeWanda Wise (She’s Gotta Have It), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2, Joker), Betty Gabriel (Get Out), Percy Hynes White (Gifted), James Frain (True Blood), Tracy Morgan, Seth Rogen (Long Shot), Chris Dowd (Bridesmaids), and Amy Landecker (Transparent).

The original The Twilight Zone took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. Created by Rod Serling, it was a journey into a wondrous land of imagination for five years on CBS, from 1959-1964. The godfather of sci-fi series, the show explored humanity’s hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama could not.

The new Twilight Zone series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films. Jordan Peele, Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez serve as executive producers for the series and collaborated on the premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon also serve as executive producers.

Season 1 of The Twilight Zone is currently streaming on CBS All Access with new episodes released every Thursday.
    What a joke.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why?

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i haven't seen the new one yet as we don't have all access but at some point i plan on giving it a chance. i liked the (2002) remake actually but there are a lot of them i didn't see such as The Sequel to The Good Life for example. however one thing with that one for the ones i did see they all seemed to 9 times out of 10 have such a downer of an ending for some reason. i dunno why i think that's why i stopped watching it cause the endings would always be that the leads are either going to die or were killed. if my memory serves me right. i dunno how good or bad the new one is yet as i like i said i haven't seen it but i hope it's better than that far far better than that

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

i havne't seen the new one yet how good or bad is it?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    i havne't seen the new one yet how good or bad is it?
    Was wondering the same thing. If anyone has seen them all thus far.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

i love and adore the Original show and it's easily the best show of them all, they could make 500 more of them long after we are all dead on this planet and none of them will be as good as the Original. the 80's one is good but i haven't seen it in years. so don't remember it that much, the (2002) one i enjoyed as well the only thing that made me lose interest was now i dunno if all of them were like this, but the lead character 9 times out of 10 died in some way. some of them what i saw were good and i got tired of each story more or less ending the same way with the lead getting killed in some form by the writers, i just got tired of seeing it that's all so i haven't seen the sequel to the good life yet.

and that one is hated by so many people and it's i think really underrated that was my only gripe with it, now i dunno if that continued with the rest of the episodes but i hope it didn't. does anyone even know if each story ended that way of the entire shows run? i'm just curious that's all

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I'm curious what peoples reactions to this series are. I haven't heard anyone talking about it, good or bad. Is it just that no one has CBS all access? I'll eventually catch it when it finally makes it to dvd.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes, I'm curious what peoples reactions to this series are. I haven't heard anyone talking about it, good or bad. Is it just that no one has CBS all access? I'll eventually catch it when it finally makes it to dvd.
    I have been watching it... and yes it is VERY WELL done. I am not a fan of contained shows... I LOVE a show that makes me hit go on the next one. I am watching it like an anthology and am enjoying it Can I ask? The original one... was that a continuing story or each episode self contained?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have been watching it... and yes it is VERY WELL done. I am not a fan of contained shows... I LOVE a show that makes me hit go on the next one. I am watching it like an anthology and am enjoying it Can I ask? The original one... was that a continuing story or each episode self contained?
    I don't have All Access but really want to watch - I'm not about to pay for another service though - between Nextflix and a very expensive cable service, it won't do it. I think maybe Prime members have it but I don't do that either.

The episodes in the original TZ were self contained.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh, good to hear. Yes the original episodes were each a separate story. I highly recommend checking it out if you've never seen them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I don't have All Access but really want to watch - I'm not about to pay for another service though - between Nextflix and a very expensive cable service, it won't do it. I think maybe Prime members have it but I don't do that either.

The episodes in the original TZ were self contained.
    You can subscribe to CBS All Access via Prime but it's not included with the membership.

Country
    Country Flag

i love and adore the Original show and i'm actually watching it right now season 1 episode #2 one for the angel's a pretty good one too i think. anyone who loved or hated the new one and haven't seen the Original show no doubt will love it more than any of the others i think. but than some love the 80's one more so to each their own. i don't think the 80's one is awful at all i just love the Original the most that's all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet41 View Post
    i love and adore the Original show and i'm actually watching it right now season 1 episode #2 one for the angel's a pretty good one too i think. anyone who loved or hated the new one and haven't seen the Original show no doubt will love it more than any of the others i think. but than some love the 80's one more so to each their own. i don't think the 80's one is awful at all i just love the Original the most that's all.
    Nothing is ever going to be as good as the original. Those are timeless.

Country
    Country Flag

exactly, now don't get me wrong there are a lot of clunkers in there i mean the show did have #156 episodes after all, and some of them most popular like the one with Agnes Moorehead i can't stand that one i find it boring as hell.

but others love it for some reason. the 1st one i ever saw oh and sorry for repeating the same thing in a post that i had written when i rejoined the site it was still waiting for approval and i just plump forgot about it. the 1st one i ever saw was Where is everybody? funny enough but for those who have never seen it the best years are easily easily seasons 1-3. season 4 is decent but when they went to 1 hr that didn't always work but Printers Devil is fucking Genius and easily the best one they did.
    with the 2nd one with Robert Duvall the 2nd best one i think. season 5 isn't bad it's a vast improvement but by than Rod Serling who in all wrote #92 episodes and that doesn't include the stuff that he wrote that was never used at all.

was as he later said was running on fumes by than and that's why he wanted to leave the show at the end of the 5th season and i dunno if season 6 would have still been good without him at the helm but who knows? ya know?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MAN this show is great. Love 6/7 episodes so far.. and SOME? WOW
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

you mean the new one is great? i still need to watch the new one but honestly i think the show works better when it's a half an hr. case in point if you watch season 4 of the Original show which was an hr long with commerical's. some of them were really bad and others were really good and it's true that you can say that about any of the seasons but i dunno i think some of those stories in season 4 would have done better as a story had it been a shorter episode. but the best one i think from season 4 is prolly A Printers Devil i think it's called? with the late and great Burgress Merideth. i think i spelled his name right? that one is well worth watching and i could watch that episode if it was 2 hrs long! that's how good it is

Country
    Country Flag

i'm up to season 2 of the Original show and i just watched Nick of time a favorite of mine with Shatner and that one for me is far far better than nightmare at 20,000 Feet. i dunno why but i've always thought the one with John Lithgow was much better and more scarier too. i think the next i need to watch is The Lateness of the Hour which is a good one as well with a twist ending i never did like but the episode is a good one though

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Back to The Twilight Zone, what are everyone's favorite episodes? One of my personal favorites that I never hear much talk about is The Midnight Sun.

Mae I'll have to look up The Time Element. I'm not sure I've heard of it before. I got the set for Christmas last year and I've been wanting to do a full rewatch of the series in order. There's probably even a handful that I haven't seen yet.
    An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge.

This episode is never run on TV.......gotta look to the box set to find it.

Not originally shot to be a Twilight Zone....but Serling ran it as one.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...CE0A&FORM=VIRE
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Just looked up the synopsis, and it doesn't sound familiar. I feel like there's still quite a few episodes I haven't seen. They do seem to show the same ones over and over on tv. I'll watch it later tonight

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got the original series box set for Christmas last year, so I know there's lots I haven't seen. But some favorites of mine are: Living Doll, Number 12 Looks Just Like You, and Eye of the Beholder.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I got the original series box set for Christmas last year, so I know there's lots I haven't seen. But some favorites of mine are: Living Doll, Number 12 Looks Just Like You, and Eye of the Beholder.
    The Living Doll is my absolute favorite!

<-----------------------------------------------------

Living Doll is a classic. Love that one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge.

This episode is never run on TV.......gotta look to the box set to find it.

Not originally shot to be a Twilight Zone....but Serling ran it as one.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...CE0A&FORM=VIRE
    Watched this one last night. Wow, that was quite different. I can't believe I never heard about this episode before. It's interesting that he took a short French film and incorporated it into the series. Thanks for mentioning it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast