Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Apocollection!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Apocollection!

Its 2018, brutal over consumption of resources, corrupt politicians and mega companies have pushed the world and everybody on it over the edge...

A global cataclysm whipped nearly all human beings from Mother Earth , and the remaining once found themselves between gangs and paramilitary forces that burned down every remaining bit of art, knowledge and culture to ensure their power over new generations of humans.

Your shinning gave you a snapshot of what would happen right before the meltdown and you have been able to secure 5 books that survived and you picked them wisely on their use and importance for a new, yet to-build society.

What 5 books did you pick, and why?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Damn I don’t know! I read mostly horror books. I’d probably pick five books about survival. Maybe some of these:

http://militarybackpackguide.com/7-best-survival-books/

Boring answer, I know.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Tough one.

I would probably take the following:
    • The Pocket Reference
    • How to Stay Alive in the Woods

The other three I would have no idea. Some type of medical book on procedures?, A book on food preservation, and something fun...maybe The Stand.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

My thoughts went in a slightly different direction.

Let's assume everything wasn't blasted back to the stone age, and there's a bunch of old gear lying around. In the short term, we need books on food preservation, animal rearing and agriculture. Those would be my first three. My next two would be on metallurgy and power generation methods, to try to kick start an industrial revolution.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thats an interesting thought, and absolutely on point.
    Assuming that we get the survival part covered with two of them , any cultural heritage and or literatur that you feel is worth to be carried over in the new world ?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hopefully a lot of guys like HBJ survive the catastrophe.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

+ Reply to Thread