Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Clegane View Post
    Uploading a handful of photos here of the Deluxe edition of Dracula that Centipede put out, limited to 22 copies. Some exteriors of the traycase, the book itself, the limitation and title pages, and a sample of some of the glossy, high-quality art prints included.
    I'll provide photos of the Deluxe Frankenstein later when I dig them out or take new ones.
    (Haven't included photos in a post here before, so bear with me if I get jammed up with it)
    Awesome - thank you for sharing! And thanks for taking the prints out and taking pictures of them as well

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tim,
    I'm adding photos I posted elsewhere - this seems like the place for CP collectors on DT.

Dracula

Frankenstein

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all,
    I'm letting go of a couple harder-to-find books from Centipede press, both in fine condition. Please PM me with questions/interest or if you need references.
    The Well by Jack Cady (2008 ), limited to 250 copies signed by Tom Picicrilli. Asking $300
    The Werewolf of Paris by Guy Endore (2009), limited to 250 copies signed by Thomas Tessier. Asking $400
    (I'm also posting in classifieds, so if this is inappropriate for the thread, let me know and I'll delete.) Thanks!

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

A sealed copy of the unsigned version of Stigmata is being sold here for less than the publication price, if anyone’s interested.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

I’m looking for a hardcover copy of Cornell’s Woolrich’s Speak to Me of Death. All that is being sold online at the moment are paperbacks. Can anyone help me out?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some of Your Blood
    Theodore Sturgeon

8.a Quarterbound leather and cloth, traycased, signed by Steve Rasnic Tem and Harry O. Morris: 20/22 – $225 (Red roman numerals)
    8.b Clothbound with dustjacket, signed by Steve Rasnic Tem and Harry O. Morris: 300 – $50
    8.c Trade paperback: 3000 – $12

Published as Millipede Press; 2006
    Original price: $225/$50/$12

Hey! It’s been awhile!

I should probably face the facts – unless otherwise motivated, or I retire early (I’m not yet 40 now so if you see me mentioning retirement in one of these posts anytime soon I should probably buy you a beer because I must be doing alright), I’m probably not going to update this nearly as much as I thought I would. Given Jerad’s current output, I’m not even going to pace more entries per year than titles he produces… However, the early output from Centipede Press is much more difficult (but fun!) to catalogue. We’re at 2006 currently, and around 2010 things are going to get much, much easier. By 2013 it’ll be a lot of pictures and much more about my thoughts about the particular book at hand and less about describing different states of it.

But for now – onward and upward!

WORDS ABOUT THE MILLIPEDE PRESS IMPRINT

This is the first book under the imprint Millipede Press. The rest of the 2006 releases were put out under this imprint.

Some of Your Blood was the first title from this imprint, which was featured on and off until about 2010. For all of these books (that I’m aware of), there were deluxe, numbered, and trade paperback editions.

The deluxe versions are quarterbound with black leather, and generally have red cloth front and back boards. I know of at least one with black leather boards, but I’m not sure if there are other colors (I haven’t seen them all), or if there are other materials (see: “I haven’t seen them all”), so I’ll take them one-by-one. They are traycased in black cloth cases with foil-stamped spines, and, something that I think is cool: the interiors of the traycases have the art that’s on the dustjackets (since it’s not on the books themselves). The numbered books are either clothbound or faux-leather bound or very slightly possibly real-leather bound (later note on this), with dustjackets done in the same style.

Generally, the endpapers are plain for the numbered version, and the deluxe version has the textured black swirly paper that first showed up in Two-Handed Engine and which I promised was going to make many future appearances.

The composition of the numbered editions changes, though, and there are often multiple states based on differences in the spine, binding materials, stamping, ribbons, etc.

On to this particular title!

As has happened previously, there is some disagreement about the exact number of copies. The limitation page says 20 deluxe copies, but there are some early newsletters that say 22. However, there’s also a caveat at the end of the limitation page that says “All other copies are reserved for the press.” This may mean that there are more than 20 deluxe copies but that some of them (2 perhaps…) were not publicly available when printed. There is an upcoming book for which this occurred but I haven’t confirmed it in this particular case.

Top view: deluxe, numbered, paperback

Spines and side of traycase: deluxe, numbered, paperback

The spine of the actual deluxe edition is black leather and is blindstamped with the title, a small decoration, and the last name of the author. This particular configuration of spine is going to come back multiple times in the future, on both lettered and numbered editions. Blindstamping on this material was an interesting choice – I like it – and makes it hard to read unless at an angle.

Here’s a shot of the front boards. The deluxe is on the left – quarter black leather and red cloth. The numbered is on the right – faux-leather (I believe) for the spine, and the same material in red for the front board. It’s often referred to as “leather bound” in auctions and online but I don’t think it is actual leather. I’m not positive though – I could be wrong!

Inside of the traycase for the deluxe:

Endpapers for the deluxe. Textured, black, and swirly. You’ll be seeing plenty of these babies in the future but I think it’s a nice default choice!

Limitation page for the numbered. Note the hand-written black number, which is very unusual and soon phased-out completely.

Limitation page for the lettered, again with the hand-lettering, this time a Roman Numeral in red.

Title page (all editions). Nice author pic here!

Interior page (all editions). The limitation page notes that this is the “Fleischmann” font and a random website says this: “ The robust typeface consists of text and display cuts making the font incredibly flexible for editorial design. The font features attention-getting ornate serifs and a large selection of ligatures that gives it’s characteristic form.” Sure!

Up next - the next title from the Millipede Press imprint:

Spoiler:
    The Face That Must Die

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That is a nice book. Or, I should say, those are nice books.

I was in the same room with Sturgeon once, at a convention. He gave a talk in so low a voice I couldn't hear a word he said, and when I tried to get him to autograph the convention booklet with KILLDOZER featured on it I couldn't even get near him, he was hustled out so fast. Shortly after that, he was gone. Seeing that SOME OF YOUR BLOOD brought that memory back.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Ooh, those are pretty. Particularly the Deluxe state.

Thanks very much for posting! I'm loving this thread.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Another great post, Lotus! We are all waiting for the next one!

Country
    Country Flag

Just FYI Jerad's got up a signed copy of Stigmata on the scratch and dent page right now: http://www.centipedepress.com/scratchanddents.html.

It's version 1.b.ii - the "standard" numbered copy, 1 of 300 with five signatures.

What he's asking is a nice price ($175).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Another great post, Lotus! We are all waiting for the next one!
    Thanks! I'm really enjoying compiling this and we're getting closer to the really fun ones

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Just FYI Jerad's got up a signed copy of Stigmata on the scratch and dent page right now: http://www.centipedepress.com/scratchanddents.html.

It's version 1.b.ii - the "standard" numbered copy, 1 of 300 with five signatures.

What he's asking is a nice price ($175).
    Somebody got it quick! Hope it was someone here.

Also I have two CP books for sale:

Hell House S/L #67 - Richard Matheson | Centipede Press | F in F slipcase | $900 | Note: one of the rarer Centipede titles, as only 100 copies were produced; a pretty book!

The Werewolf of Paris S/L #122 | Centipede Press | VG- with rubbing on the edges of the front board (pics available upon request) | $125

PayPal F&F (or add 3%) and shipping included.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

That HELL HOUSE is a pretty book. And super rare. Hardly ever see that one up for sale. Good luck!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    If you are keeping track of Stigmata books - I too have one of those "20 copy" deluxe versions with the signature page of 10 signatures. Lovely book. I actually got mine a few years back. I asked Jerad if he had any more signed copies and he actually had 1 more with all of the signatures...cannot remember how much he charged me at the time - but it wasn't much at all - maybe even the original issue price.
    If you could check and see if your sigs are different from the ones I posted, that would be much appreciated!
    sorry for late reply - but my stigmata sig page is the same as posted - notes its one of 20 deluxe copies - with all 10 signatures...same colored ink as well
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know that you have not gotten to Forever war yet...but:

CP - Forever War - unsigned version (not sure exactly how many of these were available for sale after signed versions sold out) - PM if interested.

Honestly have no idea how many unsigned versions were sold after s/l sold out
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

The Forever War #84

BIN of GBP 525 ($670) or best offer. Based on others I've seen on eBay, this is quite a good price.

Surprise, surprise, it's gone.

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone's looking for a copy of Jeckyll & Hyde, there's one up on eBay now that's a steal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Barry-Moser...EAAOSwaSddJNb0

It's sealed, and the BIN of $110 is about half the price that this should go for.

Also, if anyone else here was bidding - that Hallahan went for a crazy price! I put in a really good bid because it is the rarer state of that book (probably 20-30 copies in that state, possibly more), even though the condition was imperfect. It far exceeded my expectations.

Also also, posting here now makes me realize how long it's been since I did a biblio entry... should probably put the next one together soon...

EDIT: Gone!

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got a couple of Millipede Press that I'm looking to value for sale on consignment. I can't find where anyone is selling them so I'm coming to you guys.

I've got:

Some Of Your Blood by Sturgeon Roman Numeral VII

The Auctioneer by Samson Roman Numeral VI

Sorry about picture size, tinypic was crashing....

What do you think is a good price range on these? Thanks!
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

While I'm at it, could use insight on the limited Auctioneer as well:

Seeking:

Country
    Country Flag

I PMed knightmare with my thoughts on these, but if anyone else is interested in keeping abreast of CP sales, the last public sales that I have noted for these books are:

Some of Your Blood - Roman Numeral: $305 (#XIII) (this is the most common Millipede Press Roman Numeral I've seen, but I still think this was way underpriced)
    The Auctioneer - Roman Numeral: Not seen for sale publicly
    The Auctioneer - Limited: $99.99 (#83), $195.00 (#120), $252.50 (#unknown), and $227.50 (#unknown)

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I PMed knightmare with my thoughts on these, but if anyone else is interested in keeping abreast of CP sales, the last public sales that I have noted for these books are:

Some of Your Blood - Roman Numeral: $305 (#XIII) (this is the most common Millipede Press Roman Numeral I've seen, but I still think this was way underpriced)
    The Auctioneer - Roman Numeral: Not seen for sale publicly
    The Auctioneer - Limited: $99.99 (#83), $195.00 (#120), $252.50 (#unknown), and $227.50 (#unknown)
    Thanks a ton for all of your help. This forum has some seriously knowledgeable and helpful people. A breath of fresh air.

For the record, the Auctioneer books are now SOLD
    Seeking:

Traveler stiffdoc is on a distinguished road

Default Some of your blood

I purchased your copy of Some of Your Blood; I was really happy to see it. I collect Centipede Press books, and I am always on the lookout for the very limited production run books that Jared put out occasionally, which usually disappeared very quickly. I have been fortunate in recent years, though---I joined his subscriber program, and now he notifies me of special editions that are going to be published. He makes beautiful books. If you happen to have any others you may wish to part with, let me know. Thanks.!!

Stiffdoc

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The highly elusive sought after POSTMORTEM Issue 1, Fall 2005.

Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    WOW!!!!

I had no idea that any of these even had a physical edition...

That is super cool

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast