Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've sold so many CP books for amounts I thought were ridiculous back then but now are bargains. I want to literally pull the little that's left of my hair out. I sold Stand on Zanzibar for I think $120 and now it's at $800. Absolute insanity.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Selling a Childhoods End Signed and Numbered for $375 including media mail shipment. Let me know if interested!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

The Peter Watts set is sold out--signed and unsigned. And it never even made it to the Centipede site.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The Peter Watts set is sold out--signed and unsigned. And it never even made it to the Centipede site.
    It does look pretty sweet. I had to hold back, though, to conserve funds and shelf space.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm certainly glad I bought HELL HOUSE from Centipede. The only one I can find from a lazy search is on Abe Books for $1200.
    Even though I’m a big Matheson fan, I skipped that one at the time of release because I already had the Gauntlet edition that’s signed and numbered by Matheson, so I didn’t need a second copy of the book and also had no expectations that the CP edition would increase much in value, given that Matheson wasn’t signing. Silly and shortsighted belief in hindsight and sure wish I’d decided differently, but what’s done is done, unfortunately.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Have there been any news about Punktown? There was the briefest of mentions sometime last summer and nothing since.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Arrggh, the wait for Dune is nearly unbearable! Jerad posted it went to the printer in early November. Hopefully time to order soon...
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Arrggh, the wait for Dune is nearly unbearable! Jerad posted it went to the printer in early November. Hopefully time to order soon...

Based on the latest Jerad newsletters, other titles that were overdue will be published these months. I think Dune will be published during or after May.

Along the Path of the Beam Tkstone is on a distinguished road Tkstone's Avatar

Default Sold out Peter Watts set

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Peter Watts set sold out based on pre-orders and thus were not on the website to be ordered normally. If so, how was this pre-order done (through email by newsletter recipient perhaps)?

By the way, I see that The Elementals by Michael McDowell is now available for purchase.

Thanks

Tom
    Wanted
    A Mountain Walked by Centipede Press signed
    The Light is the Darkness by Laird Barron (Lettered Edition) by Infernal House
    Little Books Series I (15 Volume set by Borderlands Press)

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tkstone View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Peter Watts set sold out based on pre-orders and thus were not on the website to be ordered normally. If so, how was this pre-order done (through email by newsletter recipient perhaps)?

By the way, I see that The Elementals by Michael McDowell is now available for purchase.

Thanks

Tom
    The only way I was able to access the product page was through a link in the emailed newsletter. Either the newsletter subscribers cleaned him out. Or the subscribers shared the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tkstone View Post

Thanks

Tom
    I received the email newsletter last Sunday and ordered from the link.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Based on the latest Jerad newsletters, other titles that were overdue will be published these months. I think Dune will be published during or after May.
    May...you're killin' me. Then again waiting a few months to order something that will then ship promptly is an order of magnitude easier than growing old waiting for a CD delivery.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

I just received the refund for the unsigned Watts set. It looks like it oversold. Not a good feeling.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I just received the refund for the unsigned Watts set. It looks like it oversold. Not a good feeling.
    Really? Sorry to hear that. That sucks! I wonder if newsletter subscribers shared the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I saw the email from CP in my inbox and figured it was the shipping notice. I know, first world problems, but this seriously ruined my day.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did too. A real bummer.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Sorry guys, that sucks

For sure worse feeling than just not getting one in the first place.

I'd definitely keep an eye on eBay, a lot of times the resellers don't immediately realize when a Centipede book has had such a quick sellout and list them at their normal low-ish markup at first. I'll bet a set or two will show up at close to retail, immediately sell out, then prices will skyrocket for a bit before calming down. Good luck!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Sorry guys, that sucks

For sure worse feeling than just not getting one in the first place.

I'd definitely keep an eye on eBay, a lot of times the resellers don't immediately realize when a Centipede book has had such a quick sellout and list them at their normal low-ish markup at first. I'll bet a set or two will show up at close to retail, immediately sell out, then prices will skyrocket for a bit before calming down. Good luck!
    Good advice right there. Also sorry for those that had their orders cancelled. Never a good feeling.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Have there been any news about Punktown? There was the briefest of mentions sometime last summer and nothing since.
    Anyone?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone?
    I have not heard anything about this, and when I searched my email the only mention was the one you brought up. He's got dozens of books in the pipeline though so I wouldn't necessarily count this one out! It's not a particularly well-known book so I wouldn't be surprised if he is working slowly on it and drops it out of nowhere like the Peter Watts books.

I did hear from him today that Dune is coming along nicely

Country
    Country Flag

That's good to hear, thanks.

Country
    Country Flag

Happy Leap Day everybody!

It’s been a long time – like waaaaaaaaay long - since I last made a bibliographic post. I’m happy that there is a place to discuss Centipede Press now, but if I’m ever actually going to catch up to Centipede Press in 2020, I have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. To be honest, the reason that it’s been so long is that the next couple of books are just not super exciting. I mean, they’re great! But they are all very similar and there’s just not a whole lot to say about them, in a bibliographic sense. As stories, they are all very interesting and good and worth checking out and worth commenting on! But as book objects they are all the same. Which makes writing about them less exciting.

However, the really good stuff – the Centipede Press “experimental” years, which I would say was from roughly 2007 to 2012 – is right around the corner! So many books with multiple states, lots of interesting new design elements… just a bonanza of book-y goodness. So I need to get over this hump and get to it already!

To do that, I’m going to make one final post for the rest of the circle series, which includes four more books. The last two bibliographic posts – go back and look at those if you want pics. These books are the same materials, same design, same deluxe editions (as far as I know), etc. Just different titles and cover art. If you’re particularly interested in the cover art for these books, say so, and I’ll maybe take a picture of all of them together. But seriously I need to just post these so we can all move on.

“Why don’t you just post things out of order?” you might ask. And probably that would be more interesting, even! But unfortunately for you and me both, I can’t. For the same reason that I can’t abide by a non-matching number, or the tiniest bump on a corner or a new book, or any of the other absolutely crazy shit that all of us experience to various degrees in our collecting habits. But the good news is that we are going to do the god damned best and most thorough Centipede Press bibliography that has been done! And after this post, for the next five years worth of books, it’s going to be more interesting for all of us.

I say that with a little hesitation because, again, it’s not like these books are bad or uninteresting. They are neither! But I have kids, a small bit of a life, and a job even, and I’m ready to get to the really good stuff.

Here we go, the rest of the circle series:

Here Comes a Candle
    Frederic Brown

10.a Quarterbound leather and cloth, traycased, signed by Bill Pronzini– 20 – $225 (Red roman numerals)
    10.b Clothbound with dustjacket, signed signed by Bill Pronzini: 300 – $50/$40
    10.c Trade paperback: 3000 – $14

Published as Millipede Press; 2006
    Original price: $225/($50/$40)/$14

Falling Angel
    William Hjortsberg

11.a Quarterbound leather and cloth, traycased, signed by William Hjortsberg – 20 – $250 (Red roman numerals)
    11.b Clothbound with dustjacket, signed signed by William Hjortsberg: 300 – $65
    11.c Trade paperback: 3000 – $14

Original price: $250/$65/$14

The Tenant
    Roland Topor

12.a Quarterbound leather and cloth, traycased, signed by Thomas Ligotti – 20 – $225 (Red roman numerals)
    12.b Clothbound with dustjacket, signed signed by Thomas Ligotti: 300 – $45
    12.c Trade paperback: 3000 – $13

Original price: $225/$45/$13

The Deadly Percheron
    John Franklin Bardin

13.a Quarterbound leather and cloth, traycased, signed by Jonathan Lethem – 20 – $225 (Red roman numerals)
    13.b Clothbound with dustjacket, signed signed by Jonathan Lethem: 300 – $65
    13.c Trade paperback: 3000 – $15

Original price: $225/$65/$15

Up next - the first book in the long-running Masters of the Weird Tale series , and a title with at least four different non-deluxe states!

Spoiler:
    Masters of the Weird Tale: Algernon Blackwood

Really – we’re gonna go dive right into the deep end here . No more cookie cutter designs, but rather the opposite: many states, some short-lived and experimental, others that introduce elements that we’ll continue to see to the current day. To me, the most interesting period in the Press’s history.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Hurray! I've been waiting for you to continue your series.

Will you be grouping the Masters of the Weird Tale books with the corresponding Library of Weird Fiction titles? If anything, it might be interesting - and helpful, for prospective buyers - to compare and contrast the contents of each pair. I've searched for that information myself in the past and it is hard to come by.

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"We are working on the first of our Weird Tales anthologies. The first volume is the “Best of 1920s Weird Tales” and is over 700 pages of fiction and poetry. Each story will have a new full page illustration."

100 years ago in The Weird Tales. I'm excited!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    Will you be grouping the Masters of the Weird Tale books with the corresponding Library of Weird Fiction titles? If anything, it might be interesting - and helpful, for prospective buyers - to compare and contrast the contents of each pair. I've searched for that information myself in the past and it is hard to come by.
    This is not a bad idea. Right now I am doing everything chronologically by release date, which means that we wouldn't get to the Library of Weird Fiction releases until we got to 2014, the year they started being released. However, while I started this as an outlet for my Centipede Press obsession, it would be nice if it was actually helpful to people in some way, and this seems like a way it could be helpful. I can post the table of contents for the MWT and LWF books when they are from the same author so folks can compare what's in each book.

Thanks for the suggestion! And please remind me if I forget to do this in my next bibliography post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast