Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stiffdoc View Post
    I purchased your copy of Some of Your Blood; I was really happy to see it. I collect Centipede Press books, and I am always on the lookout for the very limited production run books that Jared put out occasionally, which usually disappeared very quickly. I have been fortunate in recent years, though---I joined his subscriber program, and now he notifies me of special editions that are going to be published. He makes beautiful books. If you happen to have any others you may wish to part with, let me know. Thanks.!!

Stiffdoc
    Welcome!!

This is a great site with a lot to offer, and if you love beautiful books there are a number of threads to check out

First and foremost is probably the thread about Suntup Editions - if you have not heard of this publisher, you will want to!

Otherwise, stay tuned - I have been remiss in updating this thread with bibliographical information and plan to remedy that shortly...

Traveler stiffdoc is on a distinguished road

Yes, very cool. I have never gotten interested in ephemera too much---having wrestled the collecting bug for 60+ years, I learned long ago where to (usually) draw my lines. I'm a retired pathologist, also, and I have to admit that things entitled "Postmortem" are just too close to work for me. I have been downsizing for several years now (it took me 3 years to sell ~40,000 comic books), and I don't avidly (rabidly??) collect the way I used to. Finding the occasional little treasure is good enough these days. Thanks for sharing that.

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stiffdoc View Post
    I purchased your copy of Some of Your Blood; I was really happy to see it. I collect Centipede Press books, and I am always on the lookout for the very limited production run books that Jared put out occasionally, which usually disappeared very quickly. I have been fortunate in recent years, though---I joined his subscriber program, and now he notifies me of special editions that are going to be published. He makes beautiful books. If you happen to have any others you may wish to part with, let me know. Thanks.!!

Stiffdoc
    Hey, you bought it from me. Feel free to reach out here if there's anything else you want. I can sell direct (lotuz can vouch) and money can be saved. I'm glad you're happy with it! That was the last of my Roman Numeral books, but I should have future editions...
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and I'll concur that if there's anyone making books that are art along the lines of Centipede it is now Suntup. It really illuminated just how stale something like SubPress is.
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Magic by William Goldman up for pre-order!

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/magic.html

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Cool to see that Centipede is tackling Peter Straub's Ghost Story ("publication date of around early 2022"):

...archival artwork, plus a new dustjacket by artist Douglas Smith and several two-color linocuts by Vladimir Zimakov, plus bonus archival materials. The edition will be 500 copies, printed on mouldmade paper with natural deckled edges.
    Sounds great, but unfortunately (for me) "the anticipated price will be around $400" (outside my budget).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Cool to see that Centipede is tackling Peter Straub's Ghost Story ("publication date of around early 2022"):

...archival artwork, plus a new dustjacket by artist Douglas Smith and several two-color linocuts by Vladimir Zimakov, plus bonus archival materials. The edition will be 500 copies, printed on mouldmade paper with natural deckled edges.
    Sounds great, but unfortunately (for me) "the anticipated price will be around $400" (outside my budget).
    I think there's a decent chance that the price will come down before publication... $295 is usually his highest price point and that's for double volumes or editions with capped slipcases or the like. Especially at 500 copies. I could be wrong (and often am), but my fingers are crossed

I am also excited to see this book get a good limited treatment! He's been doing Straub titles here and there for years and I was happy to see that he's finally tackling this one, next to Koko, it's my favorite of the ones I've read.

Traveler Clegane is on a distinguished road Clegane's Avatar

I don't really post here often. But I got directed to this thread tonight and thought I might share a couple of photos of my Centipede collection. I'm still short two books, Chimera and Chimera II. And I'm rather motivated to buy if you happen to have or find one for sale. But here's the rest...oh and I have a few fairly unique and hard to find editions in there, but I'll save close-ups of those until lotuz gets to them in his bibliography.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, that library looks fantastic.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks so much for posting! That is truly amazing. Congrats - and well done!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Holy hell! We need more pics of your library. Is it 2 stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Clegane View Post
    I don't really post here often. But I got directed to this thread tonight and thought I might share a couple of photos of my Centipede collection. I'm still short two books, Chimera and Chimera II. And I'm rather motivated to buy if you happen to have or find one for sale. But here's the rest...oh and I have a few fairly unique and hard to find editions in there, but I'll save close-ups of those until lotuz gets to them in his bibliography.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whew!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Gunslinger Apprentice Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Splendidus!

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

What a beautiful design and space.
    Remarkable collection and an equally marvellous library.
    Thank you for the images.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What a room !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

That library has the same stopping power as it did when I first saw it. Gorgeous. And you're a fan of Inspector Morse? Splendid.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Holy hell! We need more pics of your library.
    No shit. More please.

(How pitiful is my "library" situation? My "victory" is that I finally replaced my old 30" wide bookcase with a slightly more attractive 36" wide bookcase (yes - I have ONE bookcase), and got my wife to remove a few of her books and several of her knickknacks that had been blocked my books from view. And building it only fucked up my back for a few days! At least I get to display 4 more hardcovers...so, yes - I am here to live through others.)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

This is literally my dream library, both the construction and the contents! Simply beautiful.

And you've probably noticed that I've been just horrible about keeping up with the bibliography. I haven't given up (by any means!), but it's going to be much slower going than I thought. Don't let my lax updates prevent you from sharing books! Especially those deluxe beauties that I see there, a number of which I'm missing anyway...

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Holy hell! We need more pics of your library.
    No shit. More please.

(How pitiful is my "library" situation? My "victory" is that I finally replaced my old 30" wide bookcase with a slightly more attractive 36" wide bookcase (yes - I have ONE bookcase), and got my wife to remove a few of her books and several of her knickknacks that had been blocked my books from view. And building it only fucked up my back for a few days! At least I get to display 4 more hardcovers...so, yes - I am here to live through others.)
    Got a laugh out of this (sorry). Your struggle is real! Keep fighting the good fight.

And, yes- MORE PICS OF THAT GORGEOUS LIBRARY ABOVE!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That, is beyond impressive. So you said you are missing two books. Does that mean that you have the numbered and lettered of ever CP book? If so, wow. Congrats on such a wonderful collection.

Traveler Clegane is on a distinguished road Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That, is beyond impressive. So you said you are missing two books. Does that mean that you have the numbered and lettered of ever CP book? If so, wow. Congrats on such a wonderful collection.
    Not exactly. My personal criteria for 'completion' is at least one copy of each book the press has published. I will typically settle for a single variant where there were multiples. I have 'numbered' copies of all Centipede books aside from the aforementioned Chimera and Chimera II. I have about 14 'deluxe' editions (since Jerad doesn't do proper 'letters', but rather 'deluxes', typically with roman numerals) on top of that and am always on the lookout for more.

Also, more broadly speaking, thank you all so much for your kind words about my library. I had posted the photos mostly to highlight my Centipede collection, as that is the focus of this thread. I'm happy to share additional images of the space, but am wary about de-railing a dedicated thread to do so. I'm not a frequent user of this forum, so I don't really know how stringent folks are about staying strictly on topic. But if y'all want more photos, I can share them.

The library itself was just finished earlier this year. It'd been under construction since 2017. And it was being constructed in my head as early as about 1985. It truly was the realization of a lifelong dream. Of all the things in my life for which I am thankful, among the very top of that list is a fantastic wife who doesn't collect anything and consented to my library space taking up damned near half the square footage of the entire house.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not exactly. My personal criteria for 'completion' is at least one copy of each book the press has published. I will typically settle for a single variant where there were multiples. I have 'numbered' copies of all Centipede books aside from the aforementioned Chimera and Chimera II. I have about 14 'deluxe' editions (since Jerad doesn't do proper 'letters', but rather 'deluxes', typically with roman numerals) on top of that and am always on the lookout for more.

Also, more broadly speaking, thank you all so much for your kind words about my library. I had posted the photos mostly to highlight my Centipede collection, as that is the focus of this thread. I'm happy to share additional images of the space, but am wary about de-railing a dedicated thread to do so. I'm not a frequent user of this forum, so I don't really know how stringent folks are about staying strictly on topic. But if y'all want more photos, I can share them.

The library itself was just finished earlier this year. It'd been under construction since 2017. And it was being constructed in my head as early as about 1985. It truly was the realization of a lifelong dream. Of all the things in my life for which I am thankful, among the very top of that list is a fantastic wife who doesn't collect anything and consented to my library space taking up damned near half the square footage of the entire house.
    Are you a Suntup collector? If you like these good folks... you will LOVE them (Suntup) even better!! I always wanted a library like that!!! WITH a secret door to get in.. but when we priced it out for our new home??? Wasn't gonna happen haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Share away, please! Let us all revel in your dream come true

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Speaking of hidden doors, are there any 'secrets' about the library that can be told?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

"I have 'numbered' copies of all Centipede books aside from the aforementioned Chimera and Chimera II. I have about 14 'deluxe' editions (since Jerad doesn't do proper 'letters', but rather 'deluxes', typically with roman numerals)"
    That is still very impressive. The 14 deluxe ed are impressive as well. I hope you and Lotuz can find the missing books you are looking for. I did not know about CP at all and when I did, I saw that they were all sold out.
    But there are some resonable ones on eBay so maybe one day I will have a mini collection. But I hope to see some pics as well.
    P.S I also see a lot of empty space. That has to be filled at some point right .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast