Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread, Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography

Traveler Sol3rSystem will become famous soon enough Sol3rSystem's Avatar

I'd love to buy your copy of Stand on Zanzibar!

And your copy of The Werewolf of London! Greetings, by the way! I'm new here.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome! Glad to have you! You don't have enough posts to receive Private Messages yet, but I did send you an email.

Great, just emailed you back. And thanks!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Three more CP books up in the Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds thread

American Psycho
    Dead Titan's, Waken!
    The Well

As well as a bunch of Sub Press titles (and a few lettered editions).

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

CHILDHOOD'S END starts shipping Thursday!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

If posting this is a problem let me know and I'll delete it, but looking to sell the three Elric books from Centipede Press - $1,300 plus shipping from Canada. More pics here.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Might get more views here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...d-Market-Value

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If posting this is a problem let me know and I'll delete it, but looking to sell the three Elric books from Centipede Press - $1,300 plus shipping from Canada. More pics here.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mid-February can't come soon enough.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Mid-February can't come soon enough.
    No joke. If everything stays on that schedule, it will be just in time for my birthday.
    Mark Twain

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Would any owners of Childhood's End be interested in getting a slipcase or traycase for the book? I'm thinking something like the traycase for CP's edition of Salem's Lot.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Would any owners of Childhood's End be interested in getting a slipcase or traycase for the book? I'm thinking something like the traycase for CP's edition of Salem's Lot.
    Not sure if you're aware - it comes in a rather cool slipcase with spine stamping and an embedded metal plate. There are definitely a number of CP books that I'd like to have a slipcase or traycase for, though!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

It looks amazing. When I saw pictures, I thought I was seeing the deluxe edition.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Oof, premature elderly strikes again.

My book has been waiting at the PO Box across the border for almost a week. I'll probably pick it up next weekend.

Country
    Country Flag

There's an eBay seller who recently posted a bunch of CP books and today has been posting a bunch more:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...ipede&_sacat=0

Just want to let any potential interested parties know that these are all very fair prices - nothing really underpriced (so no real room for reselling) but nothing really overpriced either. If you're a CP collector and are looking for any of these books, I'd jump on it.

Country
    Country Flag

Final push to clear off some shelf space, some rarer Centipede Press titles included:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1173839

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

From the newsletter...

The Haunting of Hill House will be up for order next weekend. The price will be $625 per copy. This is an oversize book, printed in two colors and four colors throughout, with several full-page, full-color illustrations tipped into the book. It is signed by Matt Mahurin and Caitlνn R. Kiernan. It has a new introduction by Caitlνn Kiernan, and a reprint of a classic Stephen King essay from Danse Macabre, plus an afterword by Laurence Hyman. It comes with a handsome cloth binding, dustjacket with art by Mahurin, and the whole is enclosed in a cloth slipcase. The dustjacket has already been wrapped in Mylar for you, which means the slipcase is designed for this. The slipcase has a 3D lenticular image on the cover. There are other nice touches as well. With luck, the title will be shipping near end of January. But we will definitely not be shipping during the insane Christmas season.

So it's almost twice the price of the Suntup numbered edition.

It must be one hell of a production.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking it will be. That's a lot more than even their high end books.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

I can't help but wonder if Jerad had always planned on doing such an elaborate production of Hill House or if the release of Suntup's edition caused him to go the extra distance.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Imagine if King signed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Imagine if King signed it

The world would be in flames right now. I mean, maybe not. But probably!

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

I just don’t know if I can justify that price.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I just don’t know if I can justify that price.
    I’d love to have both. I’ve never gotten a Centipede Press book at that level. But there’s no way I can. Besides, I’d have a bookshelf crisis. I’d want both editions of Hill House together, but I don’t put anything with my Suntups.

Country
    Country Flag

There really haven't been that many books on that level (secondary market prices excluded, of course). You could always get a Centipede shelf going too.

I'm very tempted to get it; the extras seem just out of this world (sixteen illustrations, the maps drawn by Jackson, writing by Kiernan and Jackson's son, the lenticular image, generous trim, very small limitation of 250 copies etc.) but this probably wasn't the best time to release such an expensive book. It's not just Christmas, Dune is right around the corner and that's going to be in the same ballpark. I'm saving my pennies for that.

Country
    Country Flag

As a subscriber, I'll definitely be getting this one, and it's a particularly nice book to get the subscriber discount on.

I do wonder, as Jeff mentioned, if some of the elaborations that come with this weren't originally intended. Perhaps because of Paul's influence (a good thing!), and/or perhaps because the production was dragging out, it was possible to take the time to make some additions to the slipcase (I'm thinking here of the lenticular inset, which I don't believe was mentioned in any of the original emails, and as far as I can tell was first described in July of this year).

It's undeniably going to be a fine book, and I really like both the extras (particularly the inclusion of King's essay and most especially the original drawings that Jackson did) and the production upgrades. I also think that Mahurin was a good choice for the art and Kiernan for the intro. Also, if anyone's noticed the measurements, it's going to be a big book - 8"x13".

I definitely understand the hesitation though - this price is one of their highest ever. I think that it's going to be on par with the recent deluxe Elric books, a step up even from the spectacular Childhood's End. But I get why people are giving it a pass. It hasn't sold out yet, which I'm sure is a function of the high price, but I'll be interested to see if the remaining copies will be around for days, or weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast