+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The Centipede Press Thread (Including CP: Book by Book – An Incomplete Bibliography)

Manni Folken ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan has a brilliant future ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm certainly glad I bought HELL HOUSE from Centipede. The only one I can find from a lazy search is on Abe Books for $1200.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've sold so many CP books for amounts I thought were ridiculous back then but now are bargains. I want to literally pull the little that's left of my hair out. I sold Stand on Zanzibar for I think $120 and now it's at $800. Absolute insanity.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise has a spectacular aura about PennyUnwise has a spectacular aura about PennyUnwise has a spectacular aura about PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Selling a Childhoods End Signed and Numbered for $375 including media mail shipment. Let me know if interested!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Demon of the Prim jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

The Peter Watts set is sold out--signed and unsigned. And it never even made it to the Centipede site.

Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The Peter Watts set is sold out--signed and unsigned. And it never even made it to the Centipede site.
    It does look pretty sweet. I had to hold back, though, to conserve funds and shelf space.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Citizen of Gilead RC65 is just really nice RC65 is just really nice RC65 is just really nice RC65 is just really nice RC65 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'm certainly glad I bought HELL HOUSE from Centipede. The only one I can find from a lazy search is on Abe Books for $1200.
    Even though I’m a big Matheson fan, I skipped that one at the time of release because I already had the Gauntlet edition that’s signed and numbered by Matheson, so I didn’t need a second copy of the book and also had no expectations that the CP edition would increase much in value, given that Matheson wasn’t signing. Silly and shortsighted belief in hindsight and sure wish I’d decided differently, but what’s done is done, unfortunately.

Vagrant Dead WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Have there been any news about Punktown? There was the briefest of mentions sometime last summer and nothing since.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Arrggh, the wait for Dune is nearly unbearable! Jerad posted it went to the printer in early November. Hopefully time to order soon...
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Along the Path of the Beam Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau will become famous soon enough Black Miau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post
    Arrggh, the wait for Dune is nearly unbearable! Jerad posted it went to the printer in early November. Hopefully time to order soon...

Based on the latest Jerad newsletters, other titles that were overdue will be published these months. I think Dune will be published during or after May.

John F. Kennedy Tkstone is on a distinguished road Tkstone's Avatar

Default Sold out Peter Watts set

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Peter Watts set sold out based on pre-orders and thus were not on the website to be ordered normally. If so, how was this pre-order done (through email by newsletter recipient perhaps)?

By the way, I see that The Elementals by Michael McDowell is now available for purchase.

Thanks

Tom
    Wanted
    A Mountain Walked by Centipede Press signed
    The Light is the Darkness by Laird Barron (Lettered Edition) by Infernal House
    Little Books Series I (15 Volume set by Borderlands Press)

Demon of the Prim jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold jeffingoff is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tkstone View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Peter Watts set sold out based on pre-orders and thus were not on the website to be ordered normally. If so, how was this pre-order done (through email by newsletter recipient perhaps)?

By the way, I see that The Elementals by Michael McDowell is now available for purchase.

Thanks

Tom
    The only way I was able to access the product page was through a link in the emailed newsletter. Either the newsletter subscribers cleaned him out. Or the subscribers shared the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guess it was me? becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69 has a reputation beyond repute becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tkstone View Post

Thanks

Tom
    I received the email newsletter last Sunday and ordered from the link.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88 has a spectacular aura about OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Black Miau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrow88 View Post

Based on the latest Jerad newsletters, other titles that were overdue will be published these months. I think Dune will be published during or after May.
    May...you're killin' me. Then again waiting a few months to order something that will then ship promptly is an order of magnitude easier than growing old waiting for a CD delivery.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Country
    Country Flag

I just received the refund for the unsigned Watts set. It looks like it oversold. Not a good feeling.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I just received the refund for the unsigned Watts set. It looks like it oversold. Not a good feeling.
    Really? Sorry to hear that. That sucks! I wonder if newsletter subscribers shared the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. I saw the email from CP in my inbox and figured it was the shipping notice. I know, first world problems, but this seriously ruined my day.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman will become famous soon enough playdohman will become famous soon enough playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did too. A real bummer.

Citizen of Gilead lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Sorry guys, that sucks

For sure worse feeling than just not getting one in the first place.

I'd definitely keep an eye on eBay, a lot of times the resellers don't immediately realize when a Centipede book has had such a quick sellout and list them at their normal low-ish markup at first. I'll bet a set or two will show up at close to retail, immediately sell out, then prices will skyrocket for a bit before calming down. Good luck!
    Please help me find:
    RED SNAKESKIN HORNS
    from Suntup Editions

The Citadel of the Autarch, #100
    Chimera II
    from Centipede Press

Maerlyn's Imp Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack has much to be proud of Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Sorry guys, that sucks

For sure worse feeling than just not getting one in the first place.

I'd definitely keep an eye on eBay, a lot of times the resellers don't immediately realize when a Centipede book has had such a quick sellout and list them at their normal low-ish markup at first. I'll bet a set or two will show up at close to retail, immediately sell out, then prices will skyrocket for a bit before calming down. Good luck!
    Good advice right there. Also sorry for those that had their orders cancelled. Never a good feeling.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium

Country
    Country Flag

Have there been any news about Punktown? There was the briefest of mentions sometime last summer and nothing since.
    Anyone?

Citizen of Gilead lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz is a splendid one to behold lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone?
    I have not heard anything about this, and when I searched my email the only mention was the one you brought up. He's got dozens of books in the pipeline though so I wouldn't necessarily count this one out! It's not a particularly well-known book so I wouldn't be surprised if he is working slowly on it and drops it out of nowhere like the Peter Watts books.

I did hear from him today that Dune is coming along nicely
    Please help me find:
    RED SNAKESKIN HORNS
    from Suntup Editions

The Citadel of the Autarch, #100
    Chimera II
    from Centipede Press

Country
    Country Flag

That's good to hear, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14