Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King in 2019

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King in 2019

Unless I missed it, we seem to have skipped an overview thread for 2018, following the established pattern:
    I do apologize for that!

Since we are past the halfway point of 2018 with a couple of projects still due out later in the year, like Elevation, I thought we'd get a start on speculating on 2019 stuff. I do not believe anything has been announced or really even rumored for next year yet. The only thing close to that would be a statement by Ms. Mod in May 2018 that King has completed another novel, which probably is our 2019 book (at least one of them, since King has kept to two books a year consistently now).

Any other things I may have missed?

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Unless I missed it, we seem to have skipped an overview thread for 2018, following the established pattern:
    I do apologize for that!

Since we are past the halfway point of 2018 with a couple of projects still due out later in the year, like Elevation, I thought we'd get a start on speculating on 2019 stuff. I do not believe anything has been announced or really even rumored for next year yet. The only thing close to that would be a statement by Ms. Mod in May 2018 that King has completed another novel, which probably is our 2019 book (at least one of them, since King has kept to two books a year consistently now).

I wonder what sort of EP duties he was planning on tending to in 2019. Probably originally had some time blocked off for whatever was next in the Dark Tower adaptations. Maybe that has since been replaced with fresh Castle Rock duties? (Doubtful, but still...)

Just curious if he’ll start to go the GRRM route of letting his writing take a back seat to adaptation assistance or if he’ll maintain his usual model. Or maybe he’ll double down on the family collaborations to further ensure Owen & Joe are set?
    (Not that they need help at this point)

Regardless I can’t wait to see what’s next. Does anyone know anything about the completed novel you mentioned?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think that King is in any way involved in "Castle Rock"
    But he series rocks none the less!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought he was there as an investor.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I do apologize for that!

I wonder what sort of EP duties he was planning on tending to in 2019. Probably originally had some time blocked off for whatever was next in the Dark Tower adaptations. Maybe that has since been replaced with fresh Castle Rock duties? (Doubtful, but still...)

Just curious if he’ll start to go the GRRM route of letting his writing take a back seat to adaptation assistance or if he’ll maintain his usual model. Or maybe he’ll double down on the family collaborations to further ensure Owen & Joe are set?
    (Not that they need help at this point)

Regardless I can’t wait to see what’s next. Does anyone know anything about the completed novel you mentioned?
    I asked Marsha about it and she told me the novel is completed but won't be published this year. And that she couldn't say anything else about it yet.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I am not mistaken, nothing has yet been announced for a King book in 2019?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If I am not mistaken, nothing has yet been announced for a King book in 2019?
    Not yet. With Elevation out it feels weird not to have an announced book (or two) to look forward to, as we've been used to these last ten years or so. But I'm sure an announcement of a 2019 book is not too far off.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there was a gap between the release of Sleeping Beauties and the announcement of The Outsider, so there is precedence. But yeah it feels weird and sad.

Having said that, I am now close to caught up on his books, so I should definitely be all caught up by the time what ever comes after Elevation is released. I don't think I have been caught up since the early 90's.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I think there was a gap between the release of Sleeping Beauties and the announcement of The Outsider, so there is precedence. But yeah it feels weird and sad.

Having said that, I am now close to caught up on his books, so I should definitely be all caught up by the time what ever comes after Elevation is released. I don't think I have been caught up since the early 90's.

Ms mod said autumn for the next book

Country
    Country Flag

Makes sense. And should be announced fairly soon, I would think. Maybe before the end of the year, but definitely early next year.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

You mean that there wont be one in may/june ??

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

Still nothing? January is almost over and I am champing at the bit for new King news!

Country
    Country Flag

I think it should be announced sometime in February.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Unless it's wrong, the info I manage is that it'll be summer. VERY VERY CLOSE to autumn.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That would hint at a September 10, or 17 release, or September 24, first full day of Autumn.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds all too familiar, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I know eh... come on King... GIVE US WHAT WE WANT! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So substitute The Shop with The Institute add more kids and we have another Firestarter. Hopefully it will be different since there seems to be more children. Although Firestarter is one of the ones I have to read though. It sounds good though. I am assuming some menace in this one.
    "As psychically terrifying as Firestarter, and with the spectacular kid power of It, The Institute is Stephen King’s gut-wrenchingly dramatic story of good vs. evil in a world where the good guys don’t always win."
    That would neat if it had a dark ending. Like the orignal ending of 1408 or, even though it's not a King story, the movie Life. Sometimes it's not always a happy ending.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m amped for this one - wonder if there will be any crossover? At the very least maybe Annie Wilkes will be a previous employee at this Institute

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Sounds intriguing, as long no supernatural dogs are thrown into the equation,

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m looking forward to this one. Sounds like classic King. Now we just need an announcement of a limited edition by one of our fine friends in the independent publishing industry, such as Cemetery Dance or Suntup Editions.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In addition to the obvious Firestarter similarity, it reminds me of Everything's Eventual (Dinky) and Dr. Sleep ("extracting"). Fertile ground for good King.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds a lot like the upcoming (?) X-Men movie The New Mutants from Josh Boone.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

576 pages!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast