+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Stephen King in 2019

  1. #1
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,578
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default Stephen King in 2019

    Unless I missed it, we seem to have skipped an overview thread for 2018, following the established pattern:
    I do apologize for that!

    Since we are past the halfway point of 2018 with a couple of projects still due out later in the year, like Elevation, I thought we'd get a start on speculating on 2019 stuff. I do not believe anything has been announced or really even rumored for next year yet. The only thing close to that would be a statement by Ms. Mod in May 2018 that King has completed another novel, which probably is our 2019 book (at least one of them, since King has kept to two books a year consistently now).

    Any other things I may have missed?

  2. #2
    Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin has a spectacular aura about Earl of Popkin has a spectacular aura about Earl of Popkin has a spectacular aura about Earl of Popkin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    114
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Unless I missed it, we seem to have skipped an overview thread for 2018, following the established pattern:
    I do apologize for that!

    Since we are past the halfway point of 2018 with a couple of projects still due out later in the year, like Elevation, I thought we'd get a start on speculating on 2019 stuff. I do not believe anything has been announced or really even rumored for next year yet. The only thing close to that would be a statement by Ms. Mod in May 2018 that King has completed another novel, which probably is our 2019 book (at least one of them, since King has kept to two books a year consistently now).

    Any other things I may have missed?
    I wonder what sort of EP duties he was planning on tending to in 2019. Probably originally had some time blocked off for whatever was next in the Dark Tower adaptations. Maybe that has since been replaced with fresh Castle Rock duties? (Doubtful, but still...)

    Just curious if heíll start to go the GRRM route of letting his writing take a back seat to adaptation assistance or if heíll maintain his usual model. Or maybe heíll double down on the family collaborations to further ensure Owen & Joe are set?
    (Not that they need help at this point)

    Regardless I canít wait to see whatís next. Does anyone know anything about the completed novel you mentioned?

  3. #3
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,974
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I dont think that King is in any way involved in "Castle Rock"
    But he series rocks none the less!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  4. #4
    Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    327
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I thought he was there as an investor.

  5. #5
    Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adroguť, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    7,593
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Unless I missed it, we seem to have skipped an overview thread for 2018, following the established pattern:
    I do apologize for that!

    Since we are past the halfway point of 2018 with a couple of projects still due out later in the year, like Elevation, I thought we'd get a start on speculating on 2019 stuff. I do not believe anything has been announced or really even rumored for next year yet. The only thing close to that would be a statement by Ms. Mod in May 2018 that King has completed another novel, which probably is our 2019 book (at least one of them, since King has kept to two books a year consistently now).

    Any other things I may have missed?
    I wonder what sort of EP duties he was planning on tending to in 2019. Probably originally had some time blocked off for whatever was next in the Dark Tower adaptations. Maybe that has since been replaced with fresh Castle Rock duties? (Doubtful, but still...)

    Just curious if heíll start to go the GRRM route of letting his writing take a back seat to adaptation assistance or if heíll maintain his usual model. Or maybe heíll double down on the family collaborations to further ensure Owen & Joe are set?
    (Not that they need help at this point)

    Regardless I canít wait to see whatís next. Does anyone know anything about the completed novel you mentioned?
    I asked Marsha about it and she told me the novel is completed but won't be published this year. And that she couldn't say anything else about it yet.
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

  6. #6
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,974
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    If I am not mistaken, nothing has yet been announced for a King book in 2019?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

  7. #7
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,578
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    If I am not mistaken, nothing has yet been announced for a King book in 2019?
    Not yet. With Elevation out it feels weird not to have an announced book (or two) to look forward to, as we've been used to these last ten years or so. But I'm sure an announcement of a 2019 book is not too far off.

  8. #8
    Demon of the Prim amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013 is just really nice amd013's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    1,022
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I think there was a gap between the release of Sleeping Beauties and the announcement of The Outsider, so there is precedence. But yeah it feels weird and sad.

    Having said that, I am now close to caught up on his books, so I should definitely be all caught up by the time what ever comes after Elevation is released. I don't think I have been caught up since the early 90's.
    Wanted:

    'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606. (could just trade limitation sheets).

  9. #9
    President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,433
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I think there was a gap between the release of Sleeping Beauties and the announcement of The Outsider, so there is precedence. But yeah it feels weird and sad.

    Having said that, I am now close to caught up on his books, so I should definitely be all caught up by the time what ever comes after Elevation is released. I don't think I have been caught up since the early 90's.

    Ms mod said autumn for the next book

  10. #10
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,578
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Makes sense. And should be announced fairly soon, I would think. Maybe before the end of the year, but definitely early next year.

  11. #11
    Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    8,974
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I think there was a gap between the release of Sleeping Beauties and the announcement of The Outsider, so there is precedence. But yeah it feels weird and sad.

    Having said that, I am now close to caught up on his books, so I should definitely be all caught up by the time what ever comes after Elevation is released. I don't think I have been caught up since the early 90's.

    Ms mod said autumn for the next book
    You mean that there wont be one in may/june ??
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts