Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: General Podcast Discussion

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait for Tuesday new episode of the The Dick Show since our Facebook group was nuked today in retaliation for Maddox losing the lawsuit lol. Last week there was a restraining order being violated, now this. There is a never ending pool of drama. I love it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Heather got me into Truth & Justice.
    Yes! The army grows!
    Yes Mike, you have Mae to thank. She's the one that got me into T&J. What point are you at? I really want to read The Devils Knot, because the podcast introduced all this new information that I never knew about just from watching the documentaries. And I do hope you continue on with Season 6, it's so good! And if you haven't yet you should check out the Dirty John podcast. I watched the show first, and then went back and listened to it. It's really short, maybe 6 episodes long so it's not a huge time investment.

Also Mae you need to listen to Teachers Pet. I'm up to episode 8, and it's so crazy. It's not as well produced as Serial or Dirty John, but the story is so insane. This woman pretty much goes missing and no one ever reports her as missing except for her husband 6 weeks later. It's baffling to me how everyone stayed so quiet about a lot of stuff.
    I'm on episode 9 I believe. I take it slow and hop around to other podcasts. Do you guys just listen to the episodes, or do you listen to the follow-ups too? I listen to the follow-ups and the episodes.

I definitely plan on listening to the Dirty John podcast!

Also, I just read in the newspaper today about a podcast that revolves around the disappearance of a girl from my town 30 years ago. I don't remember the case, but my mom does. It's called Faded Out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You have to listen to the follow-ups, of course. And thanks for mentioning Faded Out, another podcast queued up

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You have to listen to the follow-ups, of course. And thanks for mentioning Faded Out, another podcast queued up
    I agree, although some of the questions they choose become a bit redundant. People ask questions that were pretty clearly answered.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

True but often enough Bob will get in-depth into something which I like. Plus they often tease what's coming next.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I definitely listen to the follow-ups. There's interesting information in most of them. Some questions are a bit silly, but I feel like there's mostly new stuff, or clarified information in them that it doesn't feel redundant to me.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes, I definitely listen to the follow-ups. There's interesting information in most of them. Some questions are a bit silly, but I feel like there's mostly new stuff, or clarified information in them that it doesn't feel redundant to me.
    No doubt. I also wish Mike would interact with Rob a bit more. He usually only chimes in to ask the questions.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I would like that too.

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...treet-in-2019/
    In 2018, Halloweenies spent the entire year in Haddonfield, Illinois, where they carved out one Halloween movie a month in anticipation of David Gordon Green’s blockbuster reboot. What was supposed to be a limited series — a spinoff of The Losers’ Club, our weekly Stephen King podcast — has now become a regular series due to demand.

This year, the podcast is heading to Springwood, Ohio, where they’ll dream through the entire A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, from Wes Craven’s 1984 original to the 2010 remake. Each episode will see our hosts joined by an assortment of Dream Warriors prepared to bring their dream power to anything-but-sleepy discussions.

The first episode lands tomorrow for Valentine’s Day and finds Editor-in-Chief Michael Roffman, senior writer Justin Gerber, contributing writer McKenzie Gerber, and writer/filmmaker Lara Unnerstall going deep into the proverbial boiler room. They discuss everything, from Johnny Depp’s midriff to whether or not the ending truly works.

Subscribe now and make Freddy your Valentine.

Oh, that sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...treet-in-2019/
    In 2018, Halloweenies spent the entire year in Haddonfield, Illinois, where they carved out one Halloween movie a month in anticipation of David Gordon Green’s blockbuster reboot. What was supposed to be a limited series — a spinoff of The Losers’ Club, our weekly Stephen King podcast — has now become a regular series due to demand.

This year, the podcast is heading to Springwood, Ohio, where they’ll dream through the entire A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, from Wes Craven’s 1984 original to the 2010 remake. Each episode will see our hosts joined by an assortment of Dream Warriors prepared to bring their dream power to anything-but-sleepy discussions.

The first episode lands tomorrow for Valentine’s Day and finds Editor-in-Chief Michael Roffman, senior writer Justin Gerber, contributing writer McKenzie Gerber, and writer/filmmaker Lara Unnerstall going deep into the proverbial boiler room. They discuss everything, from Johnny Depp’s midriff to whether or not the ending truly works.

Subscribe now and make Freddy your Valentine.
    Fuck.

My Podcast backlog is starting to look like my movie, video game, book and TV show backlog.

Country
    Country Flag

I love these guys (and sometimes girls), if you aren’t listening to their Losers Club podcast you’re missing out. I know their rambling discussions might not be to everyone’s tastes and that’s okay, but after two years of going through King’s body of work (they just did The Tommyknockers), I cant imagine a better podcast about King.

I love these guys (and sometimes girls), if you aren’t listening to their Losers Club podcast you’re missing out. I know their rambling discussions might not be to everyone’s tastes and that’s okay, but after two years of going through King’s body of work (they just did The Tommyknockers), I cant imagine a better podcast about King.
    I love The Loser's Club podcast. I've only listened to a handful of episodes though. I've been listening to the ones where I've read the book recently. Just finished reading The Dead Zone, so I'm listening to that one now.

So I finished Teacher's Pet the other day, and just started season 1 of In the Dark.

Country
    Country Flag

Season 1 of In the Dark is so dark, no pun intended. But very very good and fascinating.

Country
    Country Flag

WNYC productions are always a good listen:

https://www.wnycstudios.org/shows/trumpinc/episodes

So I finished Season 1 of In the Dark. Wow, that was pretty depressing, and scary if you really think about it. If you live in a place that does not have good detectives, then you better cross your fingers that nothing happens. I find it somewhat disturbing that they would leave these cases open for so long, or that they wouldn't fully clear someone's name. So many lives are probably ruined because of stuff like this. What I didn't fully understand with this case however, was that the FBI got involved. How did they not do what the local sheriff's office did not do? I've heard good things about season 2, so hoping to get to that one soon.

Country
    Country Flag

I’m glad you finally listened to it, Heather, sorry if it made you feel down. It’s not an easy listen for sure. But it’s an important story and so well told. Haven’t gone on to Season 2 just yet. Let me now if you do.

Oh I think it's something everyone should listen to. It's something I never thought about before. About seeing how good your local sheriff's office is. And that clearance rate thing seems baffling because it doesn't really say how competent they are. Have you looked further into that case? Curious about how the FBI and sheriff's office didn't sync up on what they were doing, or why the FBI didn't do a thorough investigation. It's also really sad that it's something that may have been prevented, or that they should have found him a lot sooner. Also the fact that they can never charge him with the crime. So frustrating.

Country
    Country Flag

It’s super frustrating and indeed scary. I haven’t looked more into it other than what’s been covered on In the Dark. Shamefully, I didn’t even know about this case before.

Mae, drop whatever you're listening to and listen to season 2 of In the Dark! And it's perfect timing because the Supreme Court agreed to look at his case, and oral arguments will begin next week. It's such a crazy story, and shows how much injustice there is in our judicial system. Whether or not someone's guilty or innocent, they should get a fair trial. And I also don't understand how the same DA is allowed to stay on the case over these 20 something years.

Country
    Country Flag

Will do, Heather! Listening to these true-crime series is just furthering my frustration with our justice system, which feels like it's broken beyond repair. A lot of times the prosecution isn't interested in facts or truth but just getting the case off their books in any way possible. That's not justice.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have either of you two listened to My Favorite Murder? Curious for feedback

Or Murder Book, the one by Michael Connelly? I’ve only listened to a couple of this one but so far it seems like a poor mans Serial, but with more amusing accents.

Will do, Heather! Listening to these true-crime series is just furthering my frustration with our justice system, which feels like it's broken beyond repair. A lot of times the prosecution isn't interested in facts or truth but just getting the case off their books in any way possible. That's not justice.
    I know, I feel like maybe I should just stop listening because it's so scary hearing about all this injustice. And it's so sad knowing there's probably a lot of people that are locked away for something they never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Have either of you two listened to My Favorite Murder? Curious for feedback

Or Murder Book, the one by Michael Connelly? I’ve only listened to a couple of this one but so far it seems like a poor mans Serial, but with more amusing accents.
    No I haven't listened to either. I've heard of My Favorite Murder but haven't checked it out yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast