Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Alternate endings

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Alternate endings

referring to this post i saw

I personally think that would be hands down the most awesome thing an author could do. ;D

This would make the book so much fun to try to find them and get new endings evertime you locate one.

(ignoring the fact that this would have a crazy impact on our collections ;D)
    What ya think, dod something like that happened before ?

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not that i know of but...

Technically the dark tower had 2 endings. But that was in the same book.

King stated that the book could be finished at a certain point and treat that as the ending.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Alternate endings are like bonus songs. If the artist thought them to be worthy of making the cut, they wouldn't be released as B-sides or on compilations between proper albums.

Whatever the ending might be in whatever book you're reading, is the right ending.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    referring to this post i saw

I personally think that would be hands down the most awesome thing an author could do. ;D

This would make the book so much fun to try to find them and get new endings evertime you locate one.

(ignoring the fact that this would have a crazy impact on our collections ;D)
    What ya think, dod something like that happened before ?
    Who said that? That would be funny indeed !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

The only thing I can think of were books that allowed you, at points, to make choices and it would tell you to jump to a certain page. And possibly a different ending. If you stayed on the page you were on one thing would happen.
    If you went to the other page, something completely different would happen. That way you could read it again and follow a different path.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've always know those as "choose your own adventure" books.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Right, I could not remember the name of them. They were pretty cool.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked them too.

I also remember King mentionning, somewhere but cant recall where (would anyone know?), that he once considered publishing a book without its ending.
    The reader would have to contact the publisher (by letter at the time) to get the ending.

The idea was to annoy people that read the ending before even starting the book...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I liked them too.

I also remember King mentionning, somewhere but cant recall where (would anyone know?), that he once considered publishing a book without its ending.
    The reader would have to contact the publisher (by letter at the time) to get the ending.

The idea was to annoy people that read the ending before even starting the book...
    That’s a great quote, thanks. I’d like to know where King said this too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Right, I could not remember the name of them. They were pretty cool.
    I could get on board with some Choose Your Own Dark Tower books.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My memory isn’t perfect but:
    A) I thought his purpose was to thwart people who liked to flip to the back of the book prior to reading it (he wanted to require that they send a summary of the book in order to receive the ending), and
    B) I think he said this in Danse Macabre.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There have been a couple of different reboots with a horror theme - they're kind of fun:

Obviously the "horror" is pretty mild, but I could imagine a bizarro or splatterpunk version for an adult audience, though.

Or maybe a Gunslinger...

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I could get on board with some Choose Your Own Dark Tower books.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

My memory isn’t perfect but:
    A) I thought his purpose was to thwart people who liked to flip to the back of the book prior to reading it (he wanted to require that they send a summary of the book in order to receive the ending), and
    B) I think he said this in Danse Macabre.

Thanks! I'll have to try searching with keywords in an ebook version then

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Lotuz Quote

That's awesome! I'm gonna have to track these down.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

From Danse Macabre:

...that awful, dreadful goblin of a reader, he or she WHO TURNS TO THE LAST THREE PAGES TO SEE HOW IT CAME OUT. …If you have this habit, I urge you to break it…break it at once! …I have always wanted to publish a novel with the last thirty pages simply left out. The reader would be mailed these final pages by the publisher upon receipt of a satisfactory summary of everything that had happened in the story up to that point.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks + 1!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".