Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Suntup Misery Lettered - List of current owners

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Paul made it somehow that people who bought Misery (a King book) but don't want a non-King book, will still be able to keep their letter and only get King books so they don't have
    to worry about buying every book. So if the next book is by "Joe Blow" and you don't want it, you won't have to get it. You can just wait for the next King book, assuming there is one. But, you will loose
    first refusal rights if you don't get the next book. At least that's the way I understand it from Paul's website. Maybe somebody else can clarify.
    Yes, that's pretty much the way I understand it as well. There are essentially two "tracks" of books - owning the most recent SK will get you rights to the next one, and owning the most recent non-SK will get you rights to the next non-SK.

I didn't mean to confuse, I just posted that because it indicates that Bruce has/had letter "N". I've edited it down

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

In addition, I think this is the only time that having a king book (Misery) will give you first refusal of a non-king book (Hill House). In the future, it will be ownership of the previous book on each "track" that will grant right of first refusal.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

No confusion . All is well. I am on the Non-King track so I am interested to see what comes out and how that works out number wise.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    I didn't mean to confuse, I just posted that because it indicates that Bruce has/had letter "N". I've edited it down

I also believe Bruce to be the owner of letter 'N' I have contacted him and asked if that is the case and if so, that he is happy to have that fact published.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

I also believe Bruce to be the owner of letter 'N' I have contacted him and asked if that is the case and if so, that he is happy to have that fact published.
    I guess I assumed that because he posted it on the boards that it was public knowledge, but I think you are going about it the better way

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

No confusion . All is well. I am on the Non-King track so I am interested to see what comes out and how that works out number wise.
    Your non-King books will match whatever number you get on HHH. Since you wouldn't be able to match to any future King books without owning Misery, it doesn't make a difference because that Misery owner passed on HHH. If you happened to get the next King book in public sale (if there is one) and the person who has your same letter (Misery) passes, then you would have the chance to match, otherwise, you would receive a different number for the King book.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Your non-King books will match whatever number you get on HHH. Since you wouldn't be able to match to any future King books without owning Misery, it doesn't make a difference because that Misery owner passed on HHH. If you happened to get the next King book in public sale (if there is one) and the person who has your same letter (Misery) passes, then you would have the chance to match, otherwise, you would receive a different number for the King book.
    Thanks Becca. I doubt though I will get a King book because everyone who bought Misery will most likely get the next one (IF THERE IS ONE) or I will not be fast enough for the public sale. It's cool though. At least I have HHH .

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I doubt though I will get a King book because everyone who bought Misery will most likely get the next one (IF THERE IS ONE) or I will not be fast enough for the public sale.
    How long did the Misery Artist Gift editions take to sell out? Assuming a similarly large limitation number (1,250), I'd think you'd at least have a fighting chance at that. (I hope so, because I'm also hoping to get a fighting chance at the next SP King AG (assuming I'm interested in it of course (I wasn't interested in Misery))). Or you could be focusing on the numbered, which of course is a different kettle of fish altogether (and which was freaking exquisite this time around - that book cloth ahhhhh ).

(It occurs to me that SP now stands for Suntup Press as well as Subterranean Press, not that there would be any confusion in this conversation).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Technically it’s SE. Suntup Editions.

My Mood
    Cool

Yea, I was focusing on the S\L. But IF Paul does another King book and IF he does a Gift ed of that book, I will do my best to pick that up.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Technically it’s SE. Suntup Editions.
    Damn it. I should've known that, but I was looking at the URL (suntup.press).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    In addition, I think this is the only time that having a king book (Misery) will give you first refusal of a non-king book (Hill House). In the future, it will be ownership of the previous book on each "track" that will grant right of first refusal.
    Yeah, though I doubt anyone who's not already on the King track will be able to jump on the King track during a public order phase. People with a number or letter now will probably only part with that number or letter through a private sale. That was a behavior mostly reserved for the lettered tier, but Suntup has upped the game and now people will trade on numbers the same way. I couldn't see anyone being foolish enough to just step away and let it go without making money off of the right of first refusal. People will still scramble over the gift editions during the public pre-sale window.

Just how I see the landscape.

Gunslinger Apprentice Vigoran will become famous soon enough Vigoran will become famous soon enough

Winters announced his on his page dont know the letter

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vigoran View Post
    Winters announced his on his page dont know the letter

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
    Just seen that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Yeah, though I doubt anyone who's not already on the King track will be able to jump on the King track during a public order phase. People with a number or letter now will probably only part with that number or letter through a private sale. That was a behavior mostly reserved for the lettered tier, but Suntup has upped the game and now people will trade on numbers the same way. I couldn't see anyone being foolish enough to just step away and let it go without making money off of the right of first refusal. People will still scramble over the gift editions during the public pre-sale window.

That being said.. 185 books is still a lot of books. You wouldn't have thought that many people who bought the EOTD portfolio would have passed on Misery yet there were still 80+ copies available to the public (or so I heard). Life happens and I would guess that a few will slip through the cracks. I wouldn't say many but I wouldn't be surprised if 10-20 books were available for public orders.

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

That being said.. 185 books is still a lot of books. You wouldn't have thought that many people who bought the EOTD portfolio would have passed on Misery yet there were still 80+ copies available to the public (or so I heard). Life happens and I would guess that a few will slip through the cracks. I wouldn't say many but I wouldn't be surprised if 10-20 books were available for public orders.
    That would be awesome. I'd love to claw my way onto the King track. Though I'm not as optimistic as you. I think people who passed probably didn't realize exactly what they were passing on or maybe didn't have the funds available. Well, both scenarios may no longer be the case. I think everyone now realizes what Suntup can do and no one will just arbitrarily pass again. Besides, those who passed were probably casual collectors and they were replaced by more serious collectors who scrambled to be on the King track.

And it's the kind of collecting decision that (so far) also seems like a great investment. The kind of buying decision that will cause people to move funds around and make them available the next go round. There were obviously Misery buyers who passed on the Hill House book, because it wasn't King, who are now regretting that decision. So Paul has lived up to and exceeded his promises and the collecting world may have adjusted their appraisals to ensure that it will be damn near impossible to get a numbered Suntup if you didn't already have a numbered Suntup. I know I'm not passing on my non-King number.

But I would LOVE to be wrong.

My Mood
    Cool

I am of the mindset that if I am able to somehow get a King Suntup, that will be awesome. If i can't, it's an oh well and I will get every non-King Suntup book that comes out. Plain and simple
    EDIT: Sorry, I guess this should have been in the general thread, not the dedicated letter ed thread.

Gunslinger Apprentice knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare has a spectacular aura about knightmare's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there anything like this for the other Suntup books?
    Seeking:

Suntup Misery Lettered + Rights
    Suntup Shining 1st Paperback Large Art Print

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Letter E ... though it is still in the box unopened (don't judge).
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

L is on eBay
    Mark Twain

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    L is on eBay
    The seller is an ass who was run off this board

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

What a ridiculous price. I wonder why sellers even bother setting their BIN prices so high.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    L is on eBay
    Is his stuff also on Betts?
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    L is on eBay
    Is his stuff also on Betts?
    I want to say no. I think he is a “professional seller” himself. I doubt he’d sell through a competitor

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Munnecom View Post
    What a ridiculous price. I wonder why sellers even bother setting their BIN prices so high.
    He isn’t trying to sell it. He’s trying to get eyes on his store.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast