Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Stephen King: Master of Horror" Channel 5 documentary

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default "Stephen King: Master of Horror" Channel 5 documentary

http://lcnme.com/currentnews/filmmak...g-documentary/
    A filmmaker interviewed Newcastle artist Glenn Chadbourne for a documentary about blockbuster author Stephen King on Monday, July 30.

Chadbourne has illustrated countless stories over the years and began working with King in 2005. He has been The Lincoln County News’ editorial cartoonist for more than 30 years.

Chadbourne said Elephant House Studios, of London, England, reached out to him a little over a week ago, saying they wanted to have him in the film.

The working title of the film is “The Shocking Life and Work of Stephen King,” according to director and producer Elliot Kew.

“It’s looking at how his life has kind of informed his novels,” Kew said. “I felt that (interviewing) an illustrator was really important. It’s what grabs your attention.”

Kew said he thinks Chadbourne’s work is fantastic, and would be a great addition to the film.

Kew interviewed Chadbourne in his Newcastle home, where he grew up and has lived for most of his life. He now lives there with his wife, Sheila, and their dog, Evan.

He showed Kew his office, which is filled to the brim with books and illustrations, many featuring the undead and other ghoulish subjects, favorite topics for both King and Chadbourne.

Chadbourne said he has been drawing for most of his life, and being an only child gave him plenty of time to be creative.

“I always just drew,” he said.

Chadbourne said he has been a fan of horror books and movies since childhood, and even wrote a book report on King’s “Carrie” in high school.

After graduating from Lincoln Academy, Chadbourne attended The Portland School of Art, as well as the University of Southern Maine and the University of Maine at Augusta.

Chadbourne recently had the opportunity to illustrate a collector’s edition of “Carrie,” years after it influenced the artist in his teens.

“King told me this was my best work,” Chadbourne said of the 40th anniversary edition of “Carrie.”

Chadbourne said he feels very lucky to make a living as an illustrator.

“I get to do what I love,” he said.

In his office, Chadbourne has framed holiday cards from King, which he asked Chadbourne to draw for him.

One card, which features an undead couple kissing under mistletoe, is inscribed with “Happy holidays to my favorite artist!” in King’s looping handwriting.

“It’s a dream come true,” Chadbourne said. “Like being a guitarist and being asked to jam with The Stones.”

Kew asked Chadbourne questions about his work, and why he thinks King’s work is as popular as it is.

Chadbourne said King’s writing is very personal, and brings “Transylvania to Maine.”

“It stays with you,” Chadbourne said of King’s work.

Kew said they have been filming for about two weeks and will be traveling for about six or seven more weeks to complete the interviews for the documentary.

After filming in Maine, Kew will travel to Los Angeles to interview actors from film adaptations of King’s novels, such as Nancy Allen, who played Chris Hargensen in “Carrie” in 1976.

The film is scheduled to air around Halloween on Channel 5 in the UK, and will be sold worldwide on DVD.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default "Stephen King - Master of Horror" - a new documentary on Channel 5 (UK)

This summer, an article about Glenn Chadbourne mentionned that he was going to be part of a Stephen King documentary planned by Halloween on Channel 5 (UK)

I thought that the release date will be findable now, and I have discovered the the documentary was broadcasted on sunday !
    It will be re-released, but in the meantime it is available, online, for free.... but only for UK viewers ! :-(

Here is the press presentation :

STEPHEN KING : MASTER OF HORROR
    From Hollywood A Listers John Lithgow and Jason Clarke on the set of the very latest King movie, to the stars of Carrie and many old friends and film critics, this film tells the incredible tales behind Stephen King’s most famous books and movies. King, the master of horror is once again hot property. The recent adaptation of IT was a box office smash becoming the biggest selling horror film of all time… and with over 350 million novels sold and countless movies made his popularity knows no bounds. But the road to success has been plagued with death, disappearance and addiction. In this horror packed hour, we discover how his childhood and hometown influenced his creations. And we go behind the scenes of his latest Hollywood adaptation as we reveal the extraordinary life and work of Stephen King : Master of Horror.
    This page shows the next broadcast date : http://www.channel5.com/show/stephen-king-biography/
    > wednesday 1am.... like in a few hours? :s

Otherwise, available online.... but only for UK viewers
    > https://www.my5.tv/stephen-king-mast...-kingbiography

Oh, and please... if a british collector can record it and share it (privately) to me, that would be awesome !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Channel 5 has moved their page to this one instead : https://www.my5.tv/stephen-king-mast...-kingbiography
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

That documentary was not bad at all !

We even get to see pictures of a Summer Campus with Slade

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That documentary was not bad at all !

We even get to see pictures of a Summer Campus with Slade
    Look forward to watching it. Hope it ends up on youtubes or something to that effect.

Traveler GTG will become famous soon enough GTG will become famous soon enough GTG's Avatar

Will have to find this somewhere. I'm sure I seen the end of it when it was on TV but missed the start

+ Reply to Thread