+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Book Collection: lotuz

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Im tempted to start collecting bootlegs now. I love that Vonnegut bootleg, with or without the misspelling.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an has a brilliant future Br!an's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Im tempted to start collecting bootlegs now. I love that Vonnegut bootleg, with or without the misspelling.
    I like the misspelling. It's kind of perfect.

I think I have a few John Updike bootlegs somewhere.

I generally have passed on them though. They are cool, but they are usually not highly collectible. That does make them more affordable.
    It is easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    Mark Twain

Servant of Gan Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    The misspelling definitely adds to the cool factor!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Can Toi ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan has much to be proud of ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Isn't she the daughter of Aaron Spelling, the famous TV and movie producer?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

BOOOOOO!!!!! GET OFF!!!!!!!

If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

Gunslinger Apprentice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz is just really nice lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I think I have a few John Updike bootlegs somewhere.

I generally have passed on them though. They are cool, but they are usually not highly collectible. That does make them more affordable.

The misspelling definitely adds to the cool factor!
    Agreed that the misspelling makes it a neater book!

Also, youre right Brian about the collectability. There are a distinct minority of bootlegs that are collectible, 95% arent. So it definitely makes it a relatively affordable area to collect. Im at the point now where I will pick up most bootlegs if they are less than $10, but otherwise I only seek out bootlegs for authors or books I already collect. Id love to have more SK books and to complete a bootleg Dune collection.

I do have a smallish collection of Updike firsts I really liked the Rabbit series and the dustjacket theme (why did they have to ruin it with Rabbit Is Rich ). My first edition Rabbit, Run was one of the books I got for an amazing price because a bookstore on Fillmore Street went out of business in ~2008 .

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Isn't she the daughter of Aaron Spelling, the famous TV and movie producer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    BOOOOOO!!!!! GET OFF!!!!!!!

Oh Steve, you do know how to make us laugh and groan simultaneously
    Looking for the following Centipede Press books:
    • Any book with limitation number #52
    • Chimera II (any #)
    • Don Brautigam Portfolio with Brautigam & Koontz signatures (any #)
    • Deluxe editions
    • ARCs/Proofs

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I must admit, I didn't realize that people collected bootlegs, and it sounds fascinating. I learn all kinds of cool stuff here.

(I'd kill to see your Dune bootleg collection)
    If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Wolf's Hour
    Mister Slaughter
    Ilium
    Blackout

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2