Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Susannah...anyone else find her character annoying?

Traveler Eldred Jonas has a spectacular aura about Eldred Jonas has a spectacular aura about

Default Susannah...anyone else find her character annoying?

I know it’s a brutal statement, I’ve just finished the Dark Tower books, I loved all of the characters....apart from Susannah, maybe it was the grind of Song of Susannah that did it? But yeh, I just couldn’t get on with her character, maybe in another world Mort would have finished her off.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Eldred Jonas View Post
    I know it’s a brutal statement, I’ve just finished the Dark Tower books, I loved all of the characters....apart from Susannah, maybe it was the grind of Song of Susannah that did it? But yeh, I just couldn’t get on with her character, maybe in another world Mort would have finished her off.
    While I can't disagree that her character was somewhat tedious in SoS or, at least drawn out she was really one of the most interesting and diverse characters in the Ka-Tet with the exception of Roland himself. She was disabled, a victim of racism and mentally challenged as well. Quite the mixed bag, no? How she manages to overcome these disadvantages and still be a formidable member of the team is pretty compelling IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I liked her in the first three volumes, possibly the first four.

But, full disclosure, I hated her ever-lovin' guts by the time I finished Volume 7.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I liked her in the first three volumes, possibly the first four.

But, full disclosure, I hated her ever-lovin' guts by the time I finished Volume 7.
    LOL Yeah, that drawn out intricate "feelings crap" in SoS physically hurt a lot!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Every time she said the word "chap" I wanted to reach inside the book and strangle her.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well I was going to start SoS tomorrow, but I think I'll read something else for now. Thanks a bunch, guys!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Well I was going to start SoS tomorrow, but I think I'll read something else for now. Thanks a bunch, guys!
    NO!!!!! Read it!!!! It's still part 6 of the story!!!! It's integral to the saga. Go for it, Dez I assume you made it thru W&G, yes? Onward and upward you won't regret it. Plus, as a woman you will probably see things from a whole different angle than us Cave dwellers!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    NO!!!!! Read it!!!! It's still part 6 of the story!!!! It's integral to the saga. Go for it, Dez I assume you made it thru W&G, yes? Onward and upward you won't regret it. Plus, as a woman you will probably see things from a whole different angle than us Cave dwellers!!! lol
    Yes, I've read everything up till that, I just haven't gotten around to SoS yet. It's funny, I had a hard time getting into The Gunslinger, but I forced my way through. The Drawing of Three was awesome and I immediately read through The Waste Lands afterwards. I thought Wizard and Glass was just okay, but liked Wolves of the Calla. We'll see which way SoS goes!

I hated WOLVES OF THE CALLA, so you will probably like SONG then. King's made up lingo just bothered the heck out of me by this time and I had a hard time with the last three books. I may try to reread the whole saga again one day to see if my opinion changes, which is a very real possibility, because it's happened before.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes (I hated “chap” too), but she was kind of a walking psychological bruise, so I just accepted it.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread