Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Stanley Hotel Info

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stanley Hotel Info

Hey all! Hope this thread is okay to post here but really, Calvin's Corner and the Joe Hill thread are usually the only areas I frequent(sorry)

I will be visiting the Stanley in Sept without really knowing much about it other than why it's famous of course! Wondering about tours, local things in the area to see, etc? If anyone that's been there could help out I would appreciate it.
    Thanks!

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Hey all! Hope this thread is okay to post here but really, Calvin's Corner and the Joe Hill thread are usually the only areas I frequent(sorry)

I will be visiting the Stanley in Sept without really knowing much about it other than why it's famous of course! Wondering about tours, local things in the area to see, etc? If anyone that's been there could help out I would appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    Holy cow, I'm also going there this September. Sometime between the 11th and 18th! HA! A friend of mine just toured there and loved it. He's not much of a King fan so he might not have appreciated the place the same way I would. But from the things he was saying that he heard on the tour, you'd think he read Before the Play!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This is a good place to start: http://www.stanleyhotel.com/tours.html
    Thanks Bev! I'm hoping to get personal stories from visitors

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post

Thanks!
    Holy cow, I'm also going there this September. Sometime between the 11th and 18th! HA! A friend of mine just toured there and loved it. He's not much of a King fan so he might not have appreciated the place the same way I would. But from the things he was saying that he heard on the tour, you'd think he read Before the Play!
    Haha, small world! I'll be there Sept 17-19. Glad to hear your friend enjoyed it. Sounds like it's worth the trip. What I really want to snag is a Redrum beer

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!
    AKC has and loved it. Send him a PM and he will let ya know all you need to! I think he even stayed in THE ROOM. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Thanks!
    AKC has and loved it. Send him a PM and he will let ya know all you need to! I think he even stayed in THE ROOM. haha
    Will do. Thanks Kris!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Thanks!
    Will do. Thanks Kris!
    Here are some pictures I took MANY years ago...http://www.bevvincent.com/Overlook.html

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This thread has tons of info and photos from when a group of us when to see King in Boulder, CO, and also went to the hotel:
    Stephen King Doctor Sleep Colorado 9/25/2013

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My advice, don't talk to the shrubbery.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

Thanks!
    Will do. Thanks Kris!
    Here are some pictures I took MANY years ago...http://www.bevvincent.com/Overlook.html
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This thread has tons of info and photos from when a group of us when to see King in Boulder, CO, and also went to the hotel:
    Stephen King Doctor Sleep Colorado 9/25/2013
    Will check this out. Thanks Jerome!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

This just may be the most sage advice yet. Thank you!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Leave it to a Brit

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the Redrum Ale at the hotel or the Estes Park Brewery? As a craft beer lover this is one of my must haves to get while I'm there.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is the Redrum Ale at the hotel or the Estes Park Brewery? As a craft beer lover this is one of my must haves to get while I'm there.
    The beer is at the brewery. Just a few blocks away from the hotel.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was there on Oct 31st 2003 for a SKEMERs Convention. The annual Shining Masquerade Ball is on Halloween every year as far as I know. It was a blast. Got a tour of the hotel - Room 217 is pretty cool. Estes Park Brewery is a short walk away. While there take half a day and ride through Rocky Mountain National Park - Simply Awesome!

Wish I was going back sometime soon!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!