Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King's Golden Years-VHS/DVD Lengths?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King's Golden Years-VHS/DVD Lengths?

I remember reading someone mentionning a few weeks ago that they were looking for the final episod of "Stephen King's Golden Years"

The recent DVD boxset "Stephen King TV & Movie collection" by Paramount did include the tv miniseries but it only last about 3h56 : https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-King-...dp/B07BQN12ZQ/
    Same here : https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings...dp/B00BW4S89S/
    Or here, from 2001 : https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings...dp/B00005LQ0Q/

An old DVD had the same duration, and but we do have 1 version that seems complete as it last about 6h10. However this one do only have french audio.

Does anyone has an english audio version of GOLDEN YEARS that is longer than 3h56?

Based on DVD or VHS it doesnt seem to be the case
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...UAAOSwN2VZPX-O
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KIN...IAAOSwq4VbMPIP
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Year...QAAOSwKj5ayi0-
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLDEN-YEAR...UAAOSwh31agl0H
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HOWEVER, the laser disc seems to be 6h long !
    > https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...gAAOSwuLZY3sI4
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Surely the DVD with french audio was based on something... that laserdisc?

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I think I have a Dutch edition on DVD that is all the episodes separated. Not sure what ending in have though. I think it's the "movie" version ending. I do however have the original last episode with the original ending on a VHS tape.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Does it have an english audio?
    Would you mind checking the entire duration?

Thanks !

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Yes and it's 360 minutes (6 hours) and all the episodes. I'm not sure what ending it has though. The TV or the movie ending.

I checked and it has the movie ending and I think the other one is longer so that might be the missing 10 min from the 6h10 info you have.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks lilja !

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The NEWER German DVD --- 374 Minuten

https://www.amazon.de/Stephen-Kings-...years+king+dvd

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Mine is a US version and it's 3:56. I never even knew there was a longer one

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

Is it? Because the amazon link you gave mentions : DVD 1 = 115 Min., DVD 2 = 115 Min.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Is it? Because the amazon link you gave mentions : DVD 1 = 115 Min., DVD 2 = 115 Min.
    Strange... from the text....

Erscheinungstermin: 3. Juli 2014
    Produktionsjahr: 1991
    Spieldauer: 374 Minuten

I ask in the the German SK Forum, maybe someone owns this DVD.....

Country
    Country Flag

True, I didnt notice that.
    The page give 2 different durations

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's something on the matter of length of the original aired episodes vs the home video.

http://thetruthinsidethelie.blogspot...ht-review.html
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Country
    Country Flag

I came accross this link, which has an interesting comparison, per episod, between the movie and the tv version.
    However, it says that there are 8 episods, not 7.
    Maybe it's because the extended DVDs say that the first episod is an hour and half, therefore the length of 2?

>>> https://www.movie-censorship.com/list.php?o=27894

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big tks to a friend from the German SK Forum...

German DVD Golden Years
    Laufzeit: 374:20 Min. (369:21 Min. o. A.)
    Regionalcode: RC 2
    Tonformat: Deutsch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
    Englisch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
    Untertitel: Deutsch Englisch

https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fa...475&vid=384161
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL DVD Golden Years
    Laufzeit: 360:22 Min.
    https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fa...2475&vid=83126

Country
    Country Flag

Even longer and with an english audiotracks?
    The amazon page says 374mins, so even if there is no picture of the back, I may try it since it's sold and sent by amazon. thanks !

> https://www.amazon.fr/Stephen-Kings-...=4010884502909
    >> https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings...=4010884502909

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Even longer and with an english audiotracks?
    The amazon page says 374mins, so even if there is no picture of the back, I may try it since it's sold and sent by amazon. thanks !

> https://www.amazon.fr/Stephen-Kings-...=4010884502909
    >> https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Kings...=4010884502909
    from one of the comments:

I previously bought the 2001 DVD release of "Golden Years" which was one long movie 236 minutes (2 hrs 56 min) long on 1 disc which has a different ending from the series/miniseries. This 2013 DVD re-release was billed as "the uncut miniseries", so I foolishly bought it and found that it runs...2 hrs 56 minutes long, just split into 2 parts over 2 discs. The uncut series ran seven 46-minute episodes (322 minutes or 5 hrs 22 min). The only other difference from the 2001 release is the ending, which is the series version. Part 1 just cuts out somewhere in the middle of what would be Episode 3. Somebody at the company decided that the series was too long to release on DVD, so they edited the last five episodes down to the length of three. If you want the uncut version don't buy this!! I guess I can't get rid of my old VHS copies yet!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Oh shit. I guess that I could complain to amazon that the page said XXX minutes.
    Stockerlone mentionned that someone has it....?

Country
    Country Flag

Big tks to a friend from the German SK Forum...

German DVD Golden Years
    Laufzeit: 374:20 Min. (369:21 Min. o. A.)
    Regionalcode: RC 2
    Tonformat: Deutsch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
    Englisch (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
    Untertitel: Deutsch Englisch

https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fa...475&vid=384161
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL DVD Golden Years
    Laufzeit: 360:22 Min.
    https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fa...2475&vid=83126

So i've recieved it. It's 6h14min20
    The very end is slightly different from my french longest version in which I saw the couple disappearing.
    In this one, they disappear, the "cop" or whatever he is i dont remember come to them, failed, and then get shot.

So, this version contains ENG audio and is split like this :
    DVD 1 : 47:45, 46:01, 47:43, 47:42
    DVD 2 ! 47:38, 47:40, 47:40, 42:11
    Total of 6h14

Country
    Country Flag

But I believe that NO american DVD are longer than 3h56

In the original ending Harland is captured and Gina dies. I think that was only shown on US TV. I have the last episode on a VHS taped from US TV but I have never seen in on any release you can buy.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Intriguing. Have you ever considered getting it digitalised before the tape is not readable anymore?

I have...

Lilja

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whoever owns the rights should release the full version on blu-ray along with the edited version, at last.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast